“The Quin, an amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of the Quin

Save Saved
You added the Quin to your Saves list
the Quin
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   101 West 57th Street, at 6th Avenue, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
TripAdvisor Special
Ranked #15 of 446 hotels in New York City
San Francisco, California
“The Quin, an amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This trip was business/pleasure. My husband and I had one of the most incredible times with this hotel staff. The concierge's desk was so helpful, friendly, if they didn't know the answer, they found it for you with a click of their keyboard. The doormen, incredible. The room, the bed, everything was perfect. Check in/Checkout service, easy. We would definatley recommend this hotel to anyone! I have had the pleasure of staying at three separate hotels in New York and not one of them compared to our stay at the Quin! D.Rosenblatt

Room Tip: We were on the 16th floor and faced the corner of 57th & 6th Street...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, yesterday
Diana R, thank you very much for your amazing review and recommendation! It was a pleasure to ensure that you and your husband had an incredible and incomparable experience in New York, and we hope to welcome you back to the Quin soon.

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

It's a nice small hotel in the center of NY, but the service level is quite average and prices are way too high for the service... We tried to check in at 4pm, but our room was not ready until half past 6pm.There were some old plastic bags left in the room from the previous guests as well

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Nw York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

It was an amazing experience for my boyfriend and I, we were celebrating his birthday and he was surprised at how nice the room was. He loved it and i loved it the city view, the bed felt amazing, the bathroom was clean and spacious, everything was lovely. We will be returning i would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed April 2014
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, yesterday
Charleighh_Jo, thank you for your amazing review and for celebrating your boyfriend's birthday with us! We're delighted you loved your experience at the Quin. We're very grateful for your kind recommendation, and we all look forward to your return.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Truly an impressive hotel, the service and attention to detail are probably the best of any hotel in which we've stayed. This was our first visit to the Quin and came for our anniversary. From the moment we checked in to the morning we left, we felt that the staff was superior. We had a corner suite which was not only confirmed at check in, but followed up with another phone call later in the evening from the front desk to see if they could be more helpful. Additionally the little details like providing chocolates for our special occasion and the impressive lobby made this a true experience instead of just a hotel stay. Our view of the Central Park South off 6th Avenue were just gorgeous; reserve one if you'd like a great view! All in all, our stay was exceptional and would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice stay in New York

Room Tip: The corner suites are an absolute must!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Marino K, thank you for your exceptional review and recommendation! It's gratifying to read that you were impressed by our superior team and Corner Suite. Once again, happy anniversary from all of us. We hope to welcome you back to the Quin to celebrate many joyful occasions to come!
Knutsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I actually knew we would have an enjoyable time at the Quin even before we actually arrived due the efficient and friendly correspondence of emails between myself and the Reservations Manager Chrissy & Sales Director Linda.

I was travelling with my husband and 9 year old daughter and my parents.

From the moment we stepped into the lobby we received such a warm and friendly greeting after our long journey from the UK and a cuddly Easter bunny was kindly given to my daughter which was such a nice gesture.

The hotel décor is elegant, new and stylish with original artwork located throughout the hotel which makes it even more interesting and different.

Upon arrival in our room was a platter of cheese and crackers & a bottle of wine along with milk and cookies for my daughter which was thoroughly appreciated.
We had a Premier Suite and my parents were kindly upgraded from a Superior Room.
The rooms are very comfortable and high tech with a touch screen control system which my daughter loved as kids do – our Premier Suite was elegantly decorated and very spacious in comparison to other New York Hotels I have stayed at and had a door partition between the bedroom and lounge for extra privacy and 2 bathrooms.
The daily bottled water, nespresso machine and gorgeous amenities along with free wifi and a morning newspaper were a great touch also.

We also took advantage of the Attache Service – they can effortlessly arrange your days out, book restaurants, theatre tickets etc and give advice on what’s on and what to do in the city.

The Wayfarer Restaurant is excellent and has a great bar which attracts the right sort of crowd – it’s a buzzing place of an evening for a glass of wine and some seafood. Even if not staying at the hotel the restaurant/bar is definitely worth a visit.

The hotel also has gym on the first floor which we didn’t need after all the walking we were doing although a great facility if you need it.

The location is superb, within walking distance of 5th Avenue and Central Park and only a 10/15 minute walk down to Times Square and if you don’t wish to walk there is a subway station close by.

I would recommend this hotel for individuals on business or leisure travel as well as families as they can partition 2 rooms off to accommodate a family comfortably.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff at the Quin for the impeccable service and generous and kind attention we received throughout our stay and look forward to returning next time we are in New York.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 3 days ago
RSavas, on behalf of Chrissy, Linda, and the entire team, thank you for your wonderful review and kind recommendations! We very much appreciate the detailed feedback on your experience, our amenities, and our services. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Quin upon your return to New York City.
East Sussex
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Just got back from a fabulous trip to NYC.
I'm in two minds about this hotel. I suppose your experience will depend somewhat on your experience of hotels. I've definitely stayed in better for less but then I've not stayed in NYC before so have nothing to measure this against but my gut feeling is it's a little over priced.
It's a good hotel. It's clean, comfortable and very convenient - location is great.
The subway is nearby and 5th Avenue, Central Park even Empire State are walkable.

Everyone is polite and professional. The attaché service is good. The doormen are polite.

We had breakfast once in the hotel restaurant. Over priced and average, rather bizarrely the greeter seemed completely confused when we asked for a table and there were plenty to be had! After a long wait my son and I were given wrong omelettes. We paid 100 dollars, got charged 101 - all little things but added up to a bad experience which let the hotel down. In fact, we have also been charged for something on room service we didn't have and I'm waiting to hear what it was for and if we will get it back - so check your bill!
Like another review, shampoo, shower gel not replaced. Shower cap removed but not replaced. Again, minor details but irritating.
Overall the hotel was fine. I think their aspirations are good but they're not quite there yet. I would stay again but for a rate that reflects what this is worth not what it thinks it's worth.

Room Tip: Higher up the better - it's noisy in New York!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Moosey41, thank you for your review. While we're pleased you had a good experience overall, I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered. We strive to provide service with keen attention to detail, and I thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. Our guest services team will gladly correct the discrepancy. Should you give us the opportunity to welcome you back, it'd be my pleasure to personally ensure an impeccable stay for you and your family.
Bombay
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in the first week of April. Was a little sceptical as all reviews were not fantastic. however, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of service from the doormen to the reception, concierge (attaché), room service, etc. Super, very quickly it seems that everyone knows your name and preferences. rooms are reasonably sized by NYC standards and well equipped. I am not great fan of all controls being electronic( as this hotel has) as sometimes it requires too much time to do silly things. location is the highlight just a few blocks from Central park, MOMA, shopping, etc. breakfast was served a la carte and as fantastic, however, the service at breakfast (quite busy) was indifferent. Bottom line-will certainly stay there again on my next trip.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Holly B, General Manager at the Quin, responded to this review, 5 days ago
AshishJalan, thank you for your fantastic review and for giving us the opportunity to introduce you to the Quin. We are so pleased to have earned your loyalty by exceeding your expectations, and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Quin during your next visit.

Been to the Quin? Share your experiences!