“Nothing out of the ordinary” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Magnolia Bakery

Magnolia Bakery
107 E 42nd St, New York City, NY 10017 (Central Park)
212-682-3588
Cuisines: Bakery
Neighborhood: Central Park
Neighborhood: Central Park
Michigan
“Nothing out of the ordinary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We purchased a few cupcakes recently for dessert and while they were good, they certainly weren't anything over the top. I didn't think the prices were terrible for what we got, I was just expecting a more flavorful cupcake.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Palo Alto, California
“love those cupcakes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

The cupcakes are always fresh, and I love their flavor combinations. The service was friendly, and they packed ours in a box so we could save it for the evening, after theater. We return every trip to NYC.

Visited June 2013
CT
“Price Swapping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This was my first and last experience with this bakery. I selected a mini pie whose sign underneath said "snicker pie $5". It was the size of a small 3" tart. When the cashier rang me out, the pie was$8. I paid the cashier thinking i read the sign incorrectly. I asked the counter person about this price discrepancy. He called another man, who then spoke to cashier. Then they called a woman whom I assume was the manager. She said the trays were in the wrong spot. It was the slice of pie that cost $5. I told her the sign should say"slice of snicker pie" not simply "snicker pie". I am not a penny pincher when it comes to food. i've eaten more expensive desserts so paying $8 is not unusual. But I will not patronize this bakery again. It appears to be poorly managed and a rip-off. This was the grand central station location. I wonder how many tourists are ripped off at this location. Thinking they are paying one price because of the signage, but charged another! The staff seemed untrained and spent time talking to each other instead of waiting on customers. Company is losing lots of $$$ because of poorly managed staff.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Paris, France
“delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

cheesecake are superb, with a slight preference for the lemon ones... and everything else too! People are very nice on 6th avenue and in grand central too!

Visited May 2013
Johannesburg
“Red velvet cupcakes to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Try the red velvet cupcakes - they are amazing! Also look out for the specials of the day - the carrot cake cupcake is also amazing

Visited May 2013