“Excellent location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Washington Hotel

Washington Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Washington Hotel
Save Saved
You added Washington Hotel to your Saves list
2289 3rd Avenue, New York City, NY 10028 (Harlem)   |
Ranked #391 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Sao Paulo, SP
“Excellent location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011 via mobile

Old and simple, but good service and excellent location. 3min walking to central park, 1min to train station. We really liked it!

• Stayed May 2010

Families
Solo
Edinburgh
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2009

I stayed at the Washington last January for a week for my 21st birthday with my boyfriend. The best thing about the hotel is its location- its about a 5 min walk from Wall st. Its also pretty reasonably priced- which i think is the real reason we went there to be honest- my dad wanted to say that he'd paid for half of it, so he found the cheapest hotel he could!! We stayed on one of the top floors, so we got a pretty nice view.
The room was pretty dodgy though- the bathroom was tiny with temperamental hot water and the room was right beside the elevator- so although we didn't actually spend much time in the room, it was still quite annoying to hear "ding"s when we were trying to get to sleep. It was really cold when we were there, it snowed for about the holiday- so the city looked pretty, but we could have done with some kind of heating in the room. I complained about this on the second day, as there was a heater in the room, but it was stone cold and we couldn't get it on. The receptionist told me she would sort it out- but i'm don't think anything was done about it.
I probably wouldn't recommend this hotel, but it still wasn't the worse hotel i've ever been to. As ive already said, the hotel's location is ideal- i'd definitely recommend Fluffy's cafe which is a couple of doors down- really nice and pretty cheap!

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2006

Our room was the size of a closet! A bunk bed and the door...that's it! No window but a hole cut out of the wall at the top so we could hear other people on our floor. The sheets were dirty, there was a rat in our room, and I would not for the life of me use the NASTY toilets and showers! They were so disgusting!!! We left early because we couldn't stand it!!! NEVER EVER STAY HERE! Spend a bit more for a place you can actually sleep well and clean yourself...a nice B&B in Brooklyn if Manhattan's too expensive. I'd rather pay extra for a nice place and a subway ride to the city than stay in what I think Hell might look like!

• Stayed October 2002
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2004

My family stayed there for FOUR nights. The worst christmas vacation ever. It looked like prostitutes slept there. The rooms are VERY VERY small and you have to SHARE A BATHROOM with all the people in you floor. Rooms share a window too. My window looked at another room. There was no heat and I slept with my coat on. DON'T EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL. I cannot believe how there could be a hotel like this in USA. It was horrible.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2003

i've got some bridges in iowa to sell you.avoid this place at ALL costs. it is a terrible, festering sore that exploits the "sight-unseen" component of internet booking to the fullest.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2003

I stayed for 4 nights, staff was helpful, maids friendly...however you do get what you pay for as far running into numerous prostitutes on my way our of the hotel at night... unusualy small bathrooms... a window compariable to one of a jail cell.... Over all its just OKAY, nothing special

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2002

My family stayed in Washington Hotel,2289 3rd Av. during our short stay in New York in Oct'02.
This is a good value for money for budget travellers who require a good and clean place to spend the nights and willing to make concession for luxuries.
Conveniently located, very easily accessible by the 6 metro, very helpful staff and SAFE!

Been to Washington Hotel? Share your experiences!