“Great location, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park South Hotel

You added Park South Hotel to your Saves list
Park South Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 East 28th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Flatiron District)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #153 of 459 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Great location, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

We'd stayed here for a weekend back in January for my birthday. The hotel is in a great location, close to the Empire State, Grand Central Station and other tourist hot spots and there's also a subway station at the end of street which we used when we needed to travel that little bit further, like visiting the Statue of Liberty. Check was a breeze and only took a few minutes and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful, hey provided us with a tourist map, pointed a few places we wanted to visit and the best way to reach them.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience and for the great review. I’m very happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to assist you. I will be certain to share your wonderful feedback with our team. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can be of any assistance in the near future. Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Christiaan Aldoy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I stayed at the Park South Hotel in February for a long weekend break and loved it. The staff were fantastic and very very helpful. The restaurant joined with the hotel was delicious couldn't fault it one bit. The rooms were great and having a safe in the room made it even better knowing I could keep all my personal belongings safe. The door man was very friendly and helped us with our suitcase situation and even weighed them for us as we thought they would be over the weight limit. I really hope to return to New York again this year and would defiantly be staying in this hotel. Would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Thank you so much for the wonderful review and the kind endorsement, we certainly appreciate it. I’m very pleased to learn that you enjoyed both our staff and your stay. I hope that you will not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your return visit. I would welcome the opportunity to assist you personally. Thanks again.

Very warm regards,
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel is perfectly situated with easy access to everything a first time traveller would want to see in New York, especially as there is a subway at the end of the street. (Make sure you buy a 7 day Metro pass for $30 if you are staying for more than three days as it will make getting around very easy and much cheaper than paying $2.50 a journey.)
We, also, had a problem with rooms on arrival. We were four female friends away to celebrate a 40th birthday. Our booking through Thomas Cook clearly showed we had two superior queens which each accommodated up to a maximum of 4 people, yet on arrival, after a very tiring journey with a five hour flight delay, we were given rooms with only one double bed in each. We explained the situation to reception and the receptionist was very helpful, taking photocopies of our paperwork etc. The rooms were changed but the receptionist said they only had one superior room and the other would not be of the same standard. We were just relieved to have a bed each though disappointed that in neither room were there coffee makers or slippers and the 'plush' gowns promised on the web site were cheap cotton affairs not the thick towelling ones we expected. Our view was also of a brick wall. However the beds were comfortable and it was very quiet at night so a good night's sleep was had by all.
Breakfast was good. Despite the plastic cutlery and paper plates and bowls, there was a good cold food selection and plenty of tables for everyone, even with the many school groups that were there.
Staff at the hotel were lovely, polite, friendly and extremely helpful. I would definitely stay there again but would make absolute certain I knew how many beds I was getting before arrival next time.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to share your recent experience. I’m very sorry to learn that there were some accommodation discrepancies upon your group’s arrival. I am however pleased that we were able to resolve the issue partially given the high occupancy levels. At the moment, we are still in the process of our ongoing refurbishment and a few items such as the Keurig coffee makers, some of our linens and other small assorted items are still in transit. All items are expected to be in place very soon. In addition, we recently closed the Black Duck restaurant kitchen in preparation for a full renovation of our food and beverage facilities. This temporary arrangement eliminates our ability to wash dishware. This is why we are offering our complimentary continental breakfast in environmentally safe paper products. We realize this is not the most appealing product but hope you can understand this transition. I do apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you and your party during your celebration. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you directly further in the hopes of resolving any other concerns you may have. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if I can be of any further assistance. Thank you.

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I never write a review but this hotel deserves one. I an staying here with the wife and kids and am impressed at how clean the room is. The staff here are great very friendly and on check in we had a lady who got us a map and advised us on the best places to visit. This hotel is in an ideal location to get to Empire State Building, time square, Maddison sq gardens and other main attractions. If your looking for a clean great located hotel with friendly staff then book up.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2014
Well we certainly appreciate that you took the time to write the review and for the wonderful rating. I’m pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the hotel and the staff. Our team really enjoys finding and suggesting just the right venues for guests when the opportunity presents itself. I hope you and your family will visit with us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance on your next planned trip. Thanks again.

Very kind regards,
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

My friends and I travelled to New York to spend a birthday and New years in Times square (bucket list check!) and we had payed for a 2 double bed room and we were upgraded to a king sized bed and a pull out couch which worked out better for us. The hotel location is great, the staff were very friendly and even had a cupcake for my best friends birthday sent to the room, nut free cause they asked us at check in and we mentioned she can't have nuts. I really enjoyed this hotel and I intend on going back when I visit New York again :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for the kind review and choosing the Park South for the special occasion. I’m very pleased that our team was able to contribute to the celebration. I hope you will not hesitate to reach out to me personally on your next planned visit. Thank you again.

Warm regards,
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

When we arrived at the Park South Hotel, we were very tired after our long red-eye flight and the front desk staff was extremely polite and nice. They even offered us breakfast in the morning even though we had not officially checked in yet. The location was amazing.The 6 Subway is less than a minute walk away, and the hotel is right next to Park Avenue. Gramercy Park, Madison Square, Empire State Building, and Flatiron are all within easy walking distance. The room staff was very polite and nice, and the rooms were always very clean. However, the one thing negative about this trip was our room. Actually, I should first mention that we have stayed at this hotel twice before, and we keep coming back because the rooms are usually very good. Unfortunately, the room this time was extremely tiny. It was the same price and the same type of room as our previous stays here, but this room was very small. The room was much more modern than our last stay, but we would much rather have a bigger room than a trendy one. Another problem was the view. We literally looked out onto a wall and an ally. We could have had no window at all and it wouldn't make a difference. There really was no view. After multiple stays at this hotel, this one was definitely the worst, but it still was an overall good experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback, we do appreciate it. I’m sorry to learn that you were not entirely satisfied with the size of your room. As with most hotels, we offer an array of room categories with verifying sizes to accommodate our guest needs. I’m not certain of the circumstances surrounding your particular stay however it is possible we did not have a larger room available at either the time of booking or upon arrival. For this I do apologize. You mentioned that you had stayed with us previously. I certainly hope this unfortunate circumstance does not prevent you from returning. In fact, it is my hope that you will reach out to me personally on your next visit so that I may arrange a complimentary upgrade. Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience when you are ready. Thank you again.

Kind Regards,
Columbus, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

We were greeted at check in by a friendly, efficient lady who invited us to have breakfast at the complimentary buffet. We arrived very early so she checked our bags, and gave us a business card and said to call at 12:30 in case our room was ready early...and it was. Room was decent sized for a Manhattan hotel in this price range, and we actually had a decent view out the window. Room was very modernized, brand new updated bathroom, flat screen TV, modern linens. Very clean. Limited space to hang up clothes. No mini-frig in room. All staff friendly and gracious. Hallway noise tends to be a bit loud, but street is not a busy street so that noise is minimal. Excellent value and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for the excellent rating. I’m very pleased to learn your experience was both positive and beneficial. I hope the limited closet space was not a great inconvenience. All of our guest rooms tend to be slightly different in size and configuration so closet space can vary slightly. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and I do encourage you to reach out to me personally so that I may grant you a complimentary upgrade. Thank you again.

Warm Regards,
Christiaan Aldoy

Been to Park South Hotel? Share your experiences!