“Very good choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park South Hotel

Save Saved
You added Park South Hotel to your Saves list
Park South Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 East 28th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Flatiron District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% Off Special !
Ranked #140 of 449 hotels in New York City
Crawley, United Kingdom
“Very good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Very pleased with our stay- 5 nights during Christmas.

Very well located- 5 minutes walk to Empire State Building and 2 minutes to Underground.

The room, though small and a bit dated (double standard room type), was nice and clean and had everything you needed including a mini fridge and a safe while the bed was very comfortable and the heating was on radiator easy to adjust, but a bit noisy.

Service was very good- staff is friendly and helpful, but then again all Americans are like that!

We had breakfast included - which was very handy as you have a few choices of cereal, fruit, pastries and coffee/tea and when you're not a morning person it's nice to know you don't have to go looking for a place to have breakfast.
You also get free wifi- again very good to have when you are a tourist and they also had a few leaflets and brochures/magazines with places to visit and maps although we already had our plans, but still very handy as they were free.

We found that the best means of transportation was by underground - we got a 7 days pass for 30 USD per person and just for your information, the taxi to JFK is around 60 USD plus tip which in the States is an absolute must for any kind of service, so be prepared!

We definitely recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and you are not looking for luxury but a nice, comfy and clean hotel in a good location! The only thing to ask for specifically when you check-in would be a nice view, which we didn't have but weren't too bothered about it.

We also recommend the Mercury Bar located on the corner of 46th and 9th - easy to locate if you do the Circle Line Cruise, very nice American style, good service and good food!

Very nice experience, we absolutely LOVED New York!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Well I have to say the feeling is mutual about our friends on the other side of the pond. In my travels to the UK, I have always been met with friendly and helpful Brits. Thank you for the kind and gracious review. Our rooms are a bit dated which is why we are undergoing a full guest room refurbishment. This work is still underway although more than half of the rooms are close to completion. I’m sorry you did not get the opportunity to experience one. I sincerely hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon and I encourage you to contact me personally so I can ensure that you get one of our fully refurbished rooms. Thank you again.

970 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

This newly renovated, former SRO hotel is a standout in several ways. First, the staff is helpful, cheerful, and welcoming. Walking in the door and being greeted by the doorman is a pleasure. Rooms are a bit small (this is New York), but nicely appointed, and ours was dead quiet. The free wi-fi was flawless. The location is great; subway (the Lex #6) just down the block; easy walk to Morgan Library, Bryant Park, Madison Square Park, etc. The free breakfast is perfectly adequate and served in a pleasant room (it becomes the bar and an in-house restaurant at night). There are lots of reasonably-priced places to eat in the neighborhood (this part of Murray Hill is called Curry Hill for a reason). And the hotel is certainly reasonably priced by New York standards. Even leaving was easy. We booked the hotel's car service with the doorman. It was only a bit more than a taxi, but a lot more comfortable and waiting for us right on time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so very pleased that your stay went well. Thank you so much for taking the time and effort to share your feedback with us. I’m not sure if this was your first visit with us but as you noted, the rooms are newly renovated and close to completion. It’s been a lengthy process but we are already receiving a good response to the new room changes including your own. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please feel free to reach out to me directly for any assistance. Thanks again for the great review.

Kind Regards,
Beaufort, South Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I spent four nights at this hotel near the Gramercy District and it was wonderful. The bed is most important to me, and it was very comfortable. I was concerned about noise because my third floor room was near the elevator, but I heard nothing. The room was clean and a decent size for a NYC hotel room. Even had my husband been with me, we would have had plenty of room. It is near the metro, so navigating my way through the city was easy.
The continental breakfast was included and had your typical fair and some surprises. There were hard boiled eggs and lunch meats to have with your bagel.
I had dinner one night at the bar in the restaurant, and the bartender, Andrew, took great care of me. Great conversation and service. I will definitely return!

Room Tip: Again, I was near the elevator and noise was not a problem, nor was it a problem being on the third...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
I always enjoy our guest feedback especially when they have had the opportunity to experience both the hotel and the Black Duck. I want to thank you for taking the time to post your thoughtful and kind review. We have a number of big and exciting enhancements planned for the guest rooms and all of our food and beverage outlets including a new rooftop bar due to open this spring. I would welcome the opportunity to assist with your next booking, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Thank you again.

Very Warm Regards,
Fairfield, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

My husband booked a romantic overnight in NYC and we stayed at the Park South. What a fantastic location! Steps to the 6 subway line (2 stops from grand central) and walkable to Empire State, Macy's, Bryant Park ,etc. our room was recently renovated and I really liked the contemporary style. Very chic and modern. The lobby isn't much to brag about but who cares? Friendly, helpful staff and we got a good rate. Our breakfast was included and we had a very good experience overall.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Sometimes you do not have to travel far to have an enjoyable time. I’m pleased you both got the opportunity to enjoy a romantic night away in NYC and also honored that we were able to play a part in your overall experience. We are planning to work on the lobby in the next few weeks and I think you will both be pleasantly surprised with the overall redesign. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon so you can enjoy all the new enhancements, after all Valentine’s Day is just around the corner.

Kind Regards,
Niskayuna, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Our totally redecorated king bedded room 307 was fabulous! I wish I could redo the bath at home as nicely. Great linens and towels and spotlessly clean and very convenient location. Staff totally accommodating and nice and zero time wasted on check in or check out. Great included breakfast. We wii be back!

• Stayed December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It’s nice to get some feedback regarding our ongoing refurbishment, I’m glad you were pleased with our new bathrooms. There are still a number of enhancements yet to come and I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Please feel free to reach out to me directly when arranging your next booking; it would be my pleasure to assist in anyway.

Blackburn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

great position near to subway and grand central a few minutes walk.
Room was compact but very clean, bed was nice and comfortable.
Staff were very helpful and happy.

Tip:
Take advantage of the $20 free gift card when buying $100 gift card when in the bar/restaurant,
you can use them the same day as you bought them, easy way of saving money, also ask about half price bottle of wine day!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our team took good care of you. The Black Duck gift card is a really great value, I’m glad you got to take advantage of this offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance on your next visit. Thanks again.

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is my 5th stay here and it just keeps getting better. The location couldn't be better - so central yet so quiet and peaceful, and only steps away from the subway on East 28th Street. The staff are truly an asset to the hotel - so friendly, helpful, professional and efficient - I honestly feel part of the family as everyone remembers I've visited before. I love the continental breakfast which is great value and the setting of the restaurant with a street side cafe-terrace where I can watch the world go by is unique in such a busy city (and they have Jazz evenings on weekends). The rooms have all the amenities you'd need for a holiday or business trip - the free wifi is a bonus! I accidentally clicked 'excellent' for swimming pool - there is no pool - but who needs one in such a vibrant city!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the awesome review! You are right, no pool but a roof top bar opening this spring. I’m looking forward to your feedback once it opens as well as on the room refurbishment progress. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance on your next planned visit.

Very Warm Regards,
Christiaan Aldoy

Been to Park South Hotel? Share your experiences!