“Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park South Hotel

Save Saved
You added Park South Hotel to your Saves list
Park South Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 East 28th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Flatiron District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
10% Off Special !
Ranked #140 of 451 hotels in New York City
Blackburn
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

great position near to subway and grand central a few minutes walk.
Room was compact but very clean, bed was nice and comfortable.
Staff were very helpful and happy.

Tip:
Take advantage of the $20 free gift card when buying $100 gift card when in the bar/restaurant,
you can use them the same day as you bought them, easy way of saving money, also ask about half price bottle of wine day!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I’m pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that our team took good care of you. The Black Duck gift card is a really great value, I’m glad you got to take advantage of this offer. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance on your next visit. Thanks again.

Warm Regards,

978 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is my 5th stay here and it just keeps getting better. The location couldn't be better - so central yet so quiet and peaceful, and only steps away from the subway on East 28th Street. The staff are truly an asset to the hotel - so friendly, helpful, professional and efficient - I honestly feel part of the family as everyone remembers I've visited before. I love the continental breakfast which is great value and the setting of the restaurant with a street side cafe-terrace where I can watch the world go by is unique in such a busy city (and they have Jazz evenings on weekends). The rooms have all the amenities you'd need for a holiday or business trip - the free wifi is a bonus! I accidentally clicked 'excellent' for swimming pool - there is no pool - but who needs one in such a vibrant city!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the awesome review! You are right, no pool but a roof top bar opening this spring. I’m looking forward to your feedback once it opens as well as on the room refurbishment progress. I think you will be very pleasantly surprised. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly if I can be of any assistance on your next planned visit.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

We had a great stay at Park South Hotel - it's perfect situated... 1 minute walt to the subway, 10 minutes walk to Grand Central Terminal. The staff at the reception is very friendly and helpful with all kind of requests. The restaurant Black Duck serves a really nice breakfast and great dinner.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
It is absolutely wonderful to read such kind reviews. I know our team of dedicated hospitality professionals appreciates the sentiment and that you took the time to post your review. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly should you travel to NYC again and are in need of accommodations.

i
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I've stayed here before. The Park South is on E 28th, near the subway and walking distance to Union Square, to the Flatiron district and event to Penn Station. It includes free WiFi and breakfast. Right below are 10 or so Indian restaurants as well as other bars and food places. Rooms are comfortable.Very good service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the informative and thorough feedback, we are always happy to hear when our guests are pleased. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon for a second visit. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any service.

Warm Regards,
Souderton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We booked for Thanksgiving eve, arriving at 11:30am. Our room was ready, so we were able to easily check in and have lunch before our Wednesday matinee. As always, the service was impeccable as well as friendly, and with mini-candy bars, breakfast included, and a subway stop 1/2 block away, we consider the Park South our go-to place when we travel to NYC. Oh, and we got a great rate through hotels.com.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host you once again. I’m very please do learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you consider us your “go-to-place when in NYC.” I hope we get the opportunity to host you again soon. I would very much enjoy hearing and/or reading your feedback on our ongoing enhancements. Please feel free to contact me directly for assistance on your next visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I loved everything about this hotel. The location is really good with the subway only a short walk away. The room was small but it's NYC and you don't expect a massive room. The breakfast had plenty of options and all of them will fill you up for your day's sightseeing etc.

The staff were excellent and I'd definitely go back again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post the wonderful review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and our services. I’ll be certain to share your kind feedback with the rest of our team. I hope you will not hesitate to reach out to me personally on that next visit.

Kind Regards,
Timonium, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Hotel is located in the lower east end of Murray Hill. There are many good restaurants in the area and your subway stop is just up the street on 28th. Walkable to ESB, Flatiron Bldg., Madison Sq. Park and so much more. Gracious and friendly staff. Really enjoyed the Friday night jazz. Drinks were perfectly made and the bartender was great to chat with, along with others at the bar. Since it was later in the evening, I only tried the calamari and it was excellent. Our room was particularly small with minimal storage. Also needed a bit of paint and a new rug. It was difficult to maneuver around the room with two adults. Just a bit tight. Bathroom was clean but the drains in the sink and tub drained very slow. I now know what to ask for.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the insightful and kind review. I believe you managed to partake in all of our services and offerings. I’m sorry the room size was not adequate although we do offer a good range to suit most needs. We are in the process of an ongoing guest room refurbishment so all of the issues you noted are being addressed and rectified. I do hope we get the opportunity to host you once again so you can experience firsthand all the positive changes taking shape. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist in any way. Thank you.

Kind Regards,
Christiaan Aldoy

Been to Park South Hotel? Share your experiences!