“Solid NY boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park South Hotel

Save Saved
You added Park South Hotel to your Saves list
Park South Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 East 28th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Flatiron District)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
10% Off Special !
Ranked #135 of 452 hotels in New York City
i
“Solid NY boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

I've stayed here before. The Park South is on E 28th, near the subway and walking distance to Union Square, to the Flatiron district and event to Penn Station. It includes free WiFi and breakfast. Right below are 10 or so Indian restaurants as well as other bars and food places. Rooms are comfortable.Very good service.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Thank you so much for the informative and thorough feedback, we are always happy to hear when our guests are pleased. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon for a second visit. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any service.

Warm Regards,

925 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Souderton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We booked for Thanksgiving eve, arriving at 11:30am. Our room was ready, so we were able to easily check in and have lunch before our Wednesday matinee. As always, the service was impeccable as well as friendly, and with mini-candy bars, breakfast included, and a subway stop 1/2 block away, we consider the Park South our go-to place when we travel to NYC. Oh, and we got a great rate through hotels.com.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to host you once again. I’m very please do learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you consider us your “go-to-place when in NYC.” I hope we get the opportunity to host you again soon. I would very much enjoy hearing and/or reading your feedback on our ongoing enhancements. Please feel free to contact me directly for assistance on your next visit.

Very Warm Regards,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I loved everything about this hotel. The location is really good with the subway only a short walk away. The room was small but it's NYC and you don't expect a massive room. The breakfast had plenty of options and all of them will fill you up for your day's sightseeing etc.

The staff were excellent and I'd definitely go back again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post the wonderful review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and our services. I’ll be certain to share your kind feedback with the rest of our team. I hope you will not hesitate to reach out to me personally on that next visit.

Timonium, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Hotel is located in the lower east end of Murray Hill. There are many good restaurants in the area and your subway stop is just up the street on 28th. Walkable to ESB, Flatiron Bldg., Madison Sq. Park and so much more. Gracious and friendly staff. Really enjoyed the Friday night jazz. Drinks were perfectly made and the bartender was great to chat with, along with others at the bar. Since it was later in the evening, I only tried the calamari and it was excellent. Our room was particularly small with minimal storage. Also needed a bit of paint and a new rug. It was difficult to maneuver around the room with two adults. Just a bit tight. Bathroom was clean but the drains in the sink and tub drained very slow. I now know what to ask for.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the insightful and kind review. I believe you managed to partake in all of our services and offerings. I’m sorry the room size was not adequate although we do offer a good range to suit most needs. We are in the process of an ongoing guest room refurbishment so all of the issues you noted are being addressed and rectified. I do hope we get the opportunity to host you once again so you can experience firsthand all the positive changes taking shape. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist in any way. Thank you.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed here for six nights. The room was reasonable, but a little small for 3 adults, with inadequate storage space and nowhere to hang a coat or long dress except the back of the bathroom door. A sweater of mine disappeared from the bathroom on the third day and was not found - the reception staff checked with housekeeping a couple of times, but as far as I know did nothing else. We had one of the unrefurbished rooms, but the beds were comfortable. The bathroom was a little tired though. Breakfasts were good, although a little stodgy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I’m disappointed to learn that your recent stay was anything less than favorable. With regards to the room size, I would recommend one of our executive double rooms during lengthy stays and when there are more than two adults in the room. I do wish to note that the storage limitations in our superior room category are being addressed and rectified during our ongoing refurbishment. I’m sorry to say that this is the first I am learning about your missing sweater but I would welcome the opportunity to address this matter directly with you. I’m certain we can solve the mystery and/or at least rectify the matter. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience so we speak further. Thank you.

Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Spent one night in this hotel and have no complaints. Excellent location, accessible to many restaurants, shopping, sites, etc. Subway on the corner. Rooms were clean and updated and quiet; did not hear any other guests, just some elevator traffic. Also, very spacious room for a NYC hotel; I actually enjoyed spending some downtime in the room in between activities, which is a rarity for a NYC hotel - usually the rooms are so cramped, I don't even want to spend time in them, but I liked the hotel so much, I looked forward to having a break and sitting in the chaise lounge, using the free wi-fi and ordering a glass of wine from room service. High celiings made the room appear even more spacious and the bed was comfy. Staff was great and friendly and responsive when we needed our shower worked on (it needed a bit of repair, nbd). Small TV but I never even turned it on; who needs TV when you are in NYC? Free breakfast was decent, but again, not going to eat hotel food when I am in NY (I just grabbed a cup of coffee and a croissant to tide me over). MP3/iPod or iPhone can plug into alarm clock for music and they had free wi-fi. For the price, you cannot do better. We took the train, so I can't speak to the parking situation or any of that, nor did we eat in the restaurant. They accommodated early check-in (1pm) and held our bags for our entire second day in NY without problem. I highly recommend and will stay here again!

Room Tip: request and upper floor overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and thorough review. I’m very pleased you enjoyed one of our newly refurbished executive rooms. We have a number of features still to come including lager flat screen TV’s which will have the capability to interact with your entertainment devices very seamlessly. We are also looking forward to the launch of our NEW rooftop bar in the spring so maybe we can entice you to have that wine on the roof. Either way, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly on your next visit.

Warm Regards,
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Terrific hotel - clean, comfortable and quiet. includes continental breakfast like European hotels, and free WiFi. The rooms at the front and back of the hotel (facing E 28th and 29th Streets) are larger - I got one of these even though I booked through one of the discounters. Check the hotel website before booking - they had the best price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the wonderful review and recommendation. I’m glad you enjoyed your newly refurbished executive room. I hope you will reach out to me directly for an even better deal on your next accommodation. Thanks again, I look forward to hearing from you.

Christiaan Aldoy

Been to Park South Hotel? Share your experiences!