“Great stay, good price, great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park South Hotel

Save Saved
You added Park South Hotel to your Saves list
Park South Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 East 28th Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
10% Off Special !
Ranked #151 of 446 hotels in New York City
Albany, New York
“Great stay, good price, great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Spent one night in this hotel and have no complaints. Excellent location, accessible to many restaurants, shopping, sites, etc. Subway on the corner. Rooms were clean and updated and quiet; did not hear any other guests, just some elevator traffic. Also, very spacious room for a NYC hotel; I actually enjoyed spending some downtime in the room in between activities, which is a rarity for a NYC hotel - usually the rooms are so cramped, I don't even want to spend time in them, but I liked the hotel so much, I looked forward to having a break and sitting in the chaise lounge, using the free wi-fi and ordering a glass of wine from room service. High celiings made the room appear even more spacious and the bed was comfy. Staff was great and friendly and responsive when we needed our shower worked on (it needed a bit of repair, nbd). Small TV but I never even turned it on; who needs TV when you are in NYC? Free breakfast was decent, but again, not going to eat hotel food when I am in NY (I just grabbed a cup of coffee and a croissant to tide me over). MP3/iPod or iPhone can plug into alarm clock for music and they had free wi-fi. For the price, you cannot do better. We took the train, so I can't speak to the parking situation or any of that, nor did we eat in the restaurant. They accommodated early check-in (1pm) and held our bags for our entire second day in NY without problem. I highly recommend and will stay here again!

Room Tip: request and upper floor overlooking the courtyard.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Christiaan A, General Manager at Park South Hotel, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback and thorough review. I’m very pleased you enjoyed one of our newly refurbished executive rooms. We have a number of features still to come including lager flat screen TV’s which will have the capability to interact with your entertainment devices very seamlessly. We are also looking forward to the launch of our NEW rooftop bar in the spring so maybe we can entice you to have that wine on the roof. Either way, I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly on your next visit.

912 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Terrific hotel - clean, comfortable and quiet. includes continental breakfast like European hotels, and free WiFi. The rooms at the front and back of the hotel (facing E 28th and 29th Streets) are larger - I got one of these even though I booked through one of the discounters. Check the hotel website before booking - they had the best price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the wonderful review and recommendation. I’m glad you enjoyed your newly refurbished executive room. I hope you will reach out to me directly for an even better deal on your next accommodation. Thanks again, I look forward to hearing from you.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Great location and helpful staff. The recent renovations are awesome!
Free wifi and breakfast is a bonus.
Location is great for subway, walking, restaurants and the price is right.
Have stayed here many times over the years.
I keep coming back.

Room Tip: The king room and awesome new shower is a real treat! These rooms are away from the elevators so yo...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for the thoughtful and kind feedback, we are always happy to hear when our guests are pleased. I hope you will allow me the opportunity to take care of your arrangements on your next visit. I’m always eager to get to know our frequent guests. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of any service. Thank you.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

Park South is an amazing hotel in the heart of NY, design is present in the rooms, bed are amazing I had an amazing sleep and the bar was great too, very, very well located and price reasonable, I will come back to this hotel in the future!, ah almost forget u have a place to park, if your driving in front of the hotel!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the recommendation and for taking the time to post your informative feedback. I’m very pleased you enjoyed your stay and our services. I hope to see you back with us again soon.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

We picked up a room via Hotwire and were very pleased with the accomodations for the price we paid. I am convinced hotels give you the more run-down rooms when they see you have booked through Hotwire, but when you don't plan on spending much time in the room and just need a clean place to lay your head each night, this fit the bill. If they are renovating rooms, they have not made it to our 2nd floor room yet. The carpeting was wrinkled and some of the paint was peeling in the bathroom. BUT, the room, bed, and bathroom were all very clean. The towels were big and fluffy; shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion were available (this seems to be the first things hotels skimp on lately!); and chocolates were left on our pillows each night when they turned our bed down for us. The breakfast spread was more than adequate with fruit, cheeses, meats, bagels/creamcheese, cereal, yogurt, etc. and we hit the pavement for sightseeing with full bellies each morning. Staff were all very friendly; location was very convenient to subway stops; and we heard no noise - from other guests or the street - at night.

It was about what I'd expect from a 3 star hotel, and we were pleased with the accomodations for the money spent. I will definitely include Park South in my hunt for a good hotel deal when we return next fall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your thorough and kind review. I do want to assure you that we do not assign rooms based on the booking source and that our room refurbishment is still underway. We have managed to complete more than half of our room inventory but should be completed by early 2014. I hope you will visit us again and allow us the opportunity to offer you a direct special rate for your next visit. Thanks again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Love to stay in a boutique hotel and Park South fit the bill. Arrived early, left luggage, enjoyed a delightful breakfast before heading out to the New York Open for an awesome day of tennis. We were within walking distance of everything - Grand Central Station for all subway routes - additional subway connections - etc. Our room was on the small side for 3 adults, but it was clean, quiet and just what we needed for our stay. The staff was so helpful and friendly! Breakfast buffet perfect and we had dinner at the Black Duck - nice wait staff, great food and fun bar scene. A jazz band was also there to add to the ambiance. Would stay here again - close to great restaurants, bars, shopping, etc.

Room Tip: Faced the interior - roof view ... very quiet, but not much to look at if you are looking for a view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for the wonderful review, I’m happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I’m not certain which room type you requested but I would strongly suggest one f our executive doubles next time when traveling with three adults. Please be sure to contact me directly on your next visit so I can see to your arrangements personally. Thank you.

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The staff is very welcoming and nice. They offer help even without you asking and step out of their way to make you feel at home. Our room was quite spacious but most importantly super clean. The only draw back was how long we had to wait to check in although we had a toddler and had just landed after a 14 hr flight. We got to the hotel, our room wasn't ready, we left and came back to find a big group of teenage girls being checked in and we had to wait for them all to finish before getting our room.

Stayed November 2013
I’m pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us however I do apologize for any delays you encountered upon arrival. I can totally understand and sympathize with the challenges of traveling with a toddler let alone for 14 hours. I do appreciate your understanding and graciousness under the circumstances. I hope we get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly for assistance, I’ll make there is no wait or delays. Thank you.

Christiaan Aldoy

Been to Park South Hotel? Share your experiences!