“I love Pizza...Pizza from Artichoke's!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Artichoke Basille's Pizza

Artichoke Basille's Pizza
114 10th Avenue, (Corner of 17th Street), New York City, NY (Chelsea)
Website
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Chelsea
San Jose, California
“I love Pizza...Pizza from Artichoke's!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Artichoke's Pizza is hands down the best pizza place in New York. I tried a handful of places while visiting New York and I kept coming back to this joint. I highly recommend their Artichoke Pizza. You can get pizza by the slice or order a whole pizza pie. If you love hot melted cheese with artichokes (and not the sour artichokes from the jar), this is the place for you.

Visited March 2013

New York, NY
“Unique Pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

The pizza at Artichoke Basille's pizzeria is truly unique. I tried the artichoke pizza, it had a very unique creamy texture. NYC has so many pizza places but this one stands out. It's no wonder it's so popular. It's definitely one of those food places you want to seek out if you're in NYC.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Costa Mesa, California, United States
“Don't Miss this Pizza By The Slice, Best Ever, NYC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

OMG! I am originally from NY State and now live in California. I always think NY pizza is the best. On a recent trip (9/2013), I was determined to get to Artichoke Basille's after seeing these guys on the Food Channel's show "Pizza Cuz". These two Italian guys travel the US and go to pizza places people have raved about, their families were in the pizza biz, so I figured they had to be pretty good themselves. There are 4 of their restaurants in NYC. I went to the one in the West Village by NYU. It is a small place with great pizza ovens, and only seats at the counter. Very casual. Perfect for college students and nearby residents. I had a slice of the Margarita pizza and it is singularly the best piece of this kind of pizza I have ever had, and took me back to my youth growing up in Italian neighborhoods. It had the freshest taste of tomatoes, a corner slice with two edges, the right amount of oil, fresh basil and creamy, creamy cheese, and was toasted on the bottom from the ovens. Heaven in a slice. I also got a piece of the Artichoke pizza to go, as friends of mine from CA were meeting me that night. This piece had a cream sauce and cheese on it with artichokes combined in the sauce. To say it was out of this world is an understatement. My friends said they had never tasted anything like it. My only regret is that I didn't have more than a slice, but I was watching my figure. Please, please, build one in Orange County, CA! I know the water on the east coast is different, but we need you so people here know what good pizza really tastes like instead of the many impostors! Absolutely on my schedule for my next trip home! And I recommend it to anyone traveling east. My friends all asked why didn't I bring some home. It never would have made it as it would have been devoured on the plane!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Syosset
“Amazing Pizza in a Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I met a friend at Chelsea Market and to my dismay there were no restaurants that we wanted to go to. We walked outside and stumbled upon Artichoke Basile, and what a great find! I had the "wedge" which was 3 slices of your choice, cut in half. So much that I took half home. love the idea that you can have 3 types in one order. You can order a wedge for 2 people and it is enough. I am a native New York who grew up on pizza and must say that this was the best pizza I ever ate. The High Line is right there so then walk it off and all is well.

Visited August 2013
Staten Island, New York, United States
“The best Artichoke in 46 years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

We finished an Ambitvip.com meeting and stumbled upon this place. Amazing artichoke and pizza. Hit the westside and enjoy. Expensive about $72 for pizza and artichoke. Worth it!!

• Visited August 2013