“I cannot fault this brilliant hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #82 of 459 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“I cannot fault this brilliant hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We returned today from a 5 night stay at Tryp and I do not have a negative thing to say about this hotel.
We were welcomed by a very friendly gentleman who was very helpful and they had even upgraded our room as it was my husband's birthday.
Our room was HUGE and immaculate. The beds were very comfortable, A/C brilliant as it has been super hot this last week and the bathroom was large, clean with a huge shower complete with shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and other toiletries. It also had a great hairdryer.
The room was cleaned perfectly each day and all the staff were extremely helpful. My husband even received a bottle of wine and fruit platter as a birthday gift with a card too.
Upon leaving they stored our bags for us and ordered us a nice car to take us back to the airport. Well worth it.
My parents have now booked to stay there next month based on our feedback. Go stay here and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben E, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Times Square South, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Very nice! Thank you so much for your really excellent comments and great review of our hotel! It makes us really proud that you were able to have such wonderful stay, and that our staff provided you with rock star service. We hope to see you again soon at the TRYP Times Square South Hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Turkish first
Ulm, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I know now some hotels in NYC! But this is the best so far I stayed with. The hotel is quite new. The lobby is beautifully and modern decorated with wood. The room was just awsome. Nice interiour, spacious and clean. The beds are really comfortable. The location of the hotel is not quite at Times Square, but maybe 10 min by foot away. We didn't try out the Restaurant. Service was ok. The gym is nice as well with new and decent equipment, just a bit small. We really enjoyed our stay here and can only recommend the hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your outstanding review and awesome recommendation! That is very high praise indeed! It also sounds like you great time. Thank you for staying with us, and from all of us here at the TRYP Times Square South Hotel, we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I spent a week at TRYP Wyndam and it wasnt nearly long enough. the first part of my stay was for a bachelorette party for 3 nights - The staff were incrediblly welcoming, and the fact that they could split the room bill easily between all the girls at the end (when you couldnt even get a waitress to seperate the bills at the restaurants around town) was a bonus in itself.

After the girls left I had booked in one night with my room mate who was visiting from Australia, they found me an early check in to change rooms so I could recover from the weekend before organizing me a private taxi to pick him up... wasnt sure if we would want to stay or if I would have liked the hotel, so we only had the one night booked.. - the hotel gave us an extended check out time at last minute for us to work out what and where to go next...but the NEXT bonus was the TRYP price matching their best offer (even less than I remember booking for in the first place) Our last minute decisions never played issue with them, and they continued to add on nights at the lowest rate when we kept deciding we didnt want to leave.

The staff were more than helpful in every area, from chats at the bar regarding tips for their personal favoritet things in new york, to help understanding the subway, to even posing for photos with the bride to be at 3am. Everyone was more than happy to have a chat and a laugh, but very professional at the same time. The roof top view was a bonus, with plenty of couches and tables, great photo ops with the huge bright red New Yorker sign, the street view of the cop shop next door and the river. Just bring your own booze, snacks...a perfect night in after a few big NYC parites, still feeling amongst the scene, but totally private - or just a great place to start your night.

RE The noise people seem to complain about..ITS NEW YORK! turn on your air con...its loud enough to drown out the street noise, if thats the problem. My first room was on west 35th side, second room faced the apartments out the back end...both no problems.

Only good things to say about my experience there. Thank you all for making my new york trip the so easy, and yes, we did own the city.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Wow! Thank you so much for your glowing review! All of us here at TRYP Times Square South Hotel have a passion for delivering amazing service, so your comments really make our day! It sounds like you had a perfect hotel experience, and we look forward to welcoming you back for many more stays in the future. Thanks again, and take care!
Berwyn, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Simply amazing experience. We were met at the door before checking in and we were treated with respect and service beyod expectation ith bag-checks and information. We went sight-seeying and when we came back, we were welcomed again with a high level professionalism. We found the hotel to be luxurious, clean and very modern.

Room Tip: We stayed in a premium suite, its a very comfortable option.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Ben E, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Times Square South, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Fountain Valley, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I must say I was very excited to stay at the TRYP. However, as soon as I started up 35th St. from 8th I started to get disappointed (not a great area) and it was all down hill from there. Upon arrival the man at the front desk was very cold and not really friendly. I called a couple of weeks before requesting a refrigerator and he said it would be sent up (never arrived). The room sized was very small and cramped. (4th floor) The bathroom did not have any counter space to put my things on so I basically kept everything in my bags the entire week. (see photos) Small, cramped room, no counter in the bathroom and no frig. Okay, so I could live with all that but then......It turns out you can work until 3:30am in NYC and they did. Major construction going on across the street and we heard trash dumping, hammering, etc. Called down to the front desk about midnight and was told it would end soon (3.5 hours later, it did)........ The hotel is next to an NYPD sub station. I thought that would be nice for safety. Did you know that when a police car leaves they check to see if the siren is working. No matter what time it is. The walls are paper thin and we had a lady next to us who coughed and coughed and coughed all night. I almost got up to ask her if we could get her some cough medicine. VERY DISAPPOINTED and would not recommend this hotel or stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor so maybe you won't be kept awake by the street noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ben E, Manager at TRYP by Wyndham Times Square South, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
It is disappointing to hear that our hotel did not live up to your expectations. All of us here at TRYP Times Square South Hotel take your comments very seriously, and we are eager to correct any failures on our part. However, I would like to offer my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay.

We also understand that our hotel is very unique in regards to the design and the size of our rooms and that the structure of the rooms may not be for everyone. However, from the rave reviews we have received so far from other travelers, we are confident that we are providing a unique and fresh experience for our guests.

I would love an opportunity to discuss your stay and experiences with you directly, and am confident that I can restore your faith in us. I can be contacted at 212-600-2440, or kimiller@wyndham.com. I look forward hearing back from you!

Kiana Miller – Assistant Guest Services Manager
Haifa, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

We are 6 members family, stayed for 3 nights, the hotel was very clean, facilities and maintenance in the room are very good, modern design, beads are comfortable, we arrived early in the morning and received the room

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the TRYP Times Square South. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and happy you were able to receive an early check-in. We appreciate your kind comments, and we really look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Been to TRYP by Wyndham Times Square South? Share your experiences!