Travelled with family to NY - stayed 4 nights at TRYP before travelling west coast. Our first time in NY and the accomodation was great.
Its a nice hotel with spacious accomodation and very amenable and helpful staff. It is convenient to all shops and 15 minute walk to Empire State building. Subway located at corner of street and really couldn`t have asked for better. Price was good for for the City - NY is a very expensive place to stay/eat/live.
I was hustled at airport ( Newark) by a hack taxi - charged me 140 dollars for the fare - the hotel arranged the return trip for me for 90 dollars.... their concierge/bell hop told me to ring them next time and they would arrange the taxi for me... I will - if I ever go back to NY- use the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the heart of Manhattan at 345 West 35th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues, TRYP New York City Times Square South is so central, so packed with fun, and so "New York"… You will truly feel like you Own the City. This is the first TRYP hotel we open in the U.S., part of a family of exciting properties in the world’s most attractive hotspots including Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Frankfurt and Paris. We rebuilt and redesigned this hotel in a retro building site smack dab in the middle of major metro business centers and most of New York City's top attractions. You'll be poised to take advantage of primo shopping and dining, Times Square, the Empire State Building and the ever-exciting Madison Square Garden.Besides our spacious TRYP Rooms, TRYP New York City Times Square South features signature rooms that have become defining elements of the TRYP brand. Our Fitness rooms come with a fitness machine and complimentary workout gear. Family rooms are the ideal choice for families with small children: bunk beds for kids and an oversized bed for parents. And our Media rooms are stacked with 55" TVs, surround sound, popcorn makers, Nintendo Wii, iPod "dock," 3D glasses, Blu Ray player and a multiple media connectivity panel. We’re sure that you’ll be in awe of the grand open environment of our Plaza Central, where you can relax, meet up with colleagues or make new friends. But our attention to detail doesn’t stop there. We also keep your heart pumping with a 24x7 fitness center and we’ll help you host the event of the year with 2,100 sq. ft. of meeting space that accommodates up to 100 people. Welcome to the first Tryp Hotel in the Americas, the Tryp Times Square South Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Venere, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your TRYP by Wyndham Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.