I had the pleasure of staying at the Tryp recently with some girlfriends for a weekend in the city and we could not have been more impressed with our experience from start to finish. Our room was spacious and beautifully furnished, with modern amenities and plenty of closet space for all 3 of us girls! The enormous windows let in plenty of natural light, but when we closed the curtains and blinds it was completely dark (a great bonus when we all wanted to sleep in after a night on the town)! We had a room with 2 beds and a pull-out couch and even the couch was wonderfully comfortable! I had the couch and slept like a baby both nights we were there (as did my counterparts in their queen-sized beds). There were 2 large bathrooms and the showers were seriously incredible -- I did not want to get out -- my shower felt that good! We really loved having our own Keurig in the room to make coffee before heading downstairs to enjoy the fantastic continental breakfast. There was an abundance of decadent goodies from croissants and pastries to classic breakfast fare and the most adorable yogurt and fruit parfaits you have ever seen. In the evenings, we indulged in a few of the bar's yummy champagne cocktails and enjoyed the ambiance of the hotel before hitting the town. The location could not be better -- it is within walking distance of Times Square South and we were able to hit the H&M flagship, Macy's, Tiffany and see Trump Tower and Central Park (to name a few places) -- all without needing to hail a cab once! The staff was extremely professional and friendly, from the front desk, to the bar, to the waitstaff, and ESPECIALLY ZAHIR! We were expecting a Town Car to take us back to the airport on Sunday but Zahir surprised us with an incredibly luxurious stretch limousine! It was a perfect end to the perfect girls weekend -- we will definitely be back!
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the heart of Manhattan at 345 West 35th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues, TRYP New York City Times Square South is so central, so packed with fun, and so "New York"… You will truly feel like you Own the City. This is the first TRYP hotel we open in the U.S., part of a family of exciting properties in the world’s most attractive hotspots including Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Frankfurt and Paris. We rebuilt and redesigned this hotel in a retro building site smack dab in the middle of major metro business centers and most of New York City's top attractions. You'll be poised to take advantage of primo shopping and dining, Times Square, the Empire State Building and the ever-exciting Madison Square Garden.Besides our spacious TRYP Rooms, TRYP New York City Times Square South features signature rooms that have become defining elements of the TRYP brand. Our Fitness rooms come with a fitness machine and complimentary workout gear. Family rooms are the ideal choice for families with small children: bunk beds for kids and an oversized bed for parents. And our Media rooms are stacked with 55" TVs, surround sound, popcorn makers, Nintendo Wii, iPod "dock," 3D glasses, Blu Ray player and a multiple media connectivity panel. We’re sure that you’ll be in awe of the grand open environment of our Plaza Central, where you can relax, meet up with colleagues or make new friends. But our attention to detail doesn’t stop there. We also keep your heart pumping with a 24x7 fitness center and we’ll help you host the event of the year with 2,100 sq. ft. of meeting space that accommodates up to 100 people. Welcome to the first Tryp Hotel in the Americas, the Tryp Times Square South Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Tingo, Hotels.com, Otel, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your TRYP by Wyndham Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.