I unexpectedly had time to check into the hotel before an afternoon business meeting so I thought I'd give it a try. When I arrived, I asked if my room was ready and was told that I had been upgraded to a family room but that unfortunately it was not ready. Since I had arrived before the check-in time and because I had been upgraded, I didn't mind them telling me that. They said they could check me into the room now and hold my bag until I returned later that evening. When I returned, I went to the registration desk and was provided my key and was told they would send up my luggage. I got to my room and looked around. It wasn't large, though it was clean. I called downstairs and asked if it was a family room and was told that it was not. I told the desk staff that I had been informed when I checked in earlier that afternoon that I had been upgraded to a family room. She did not know what to say or do, at first putting me on hold, and then telling me her manager wasn't available at the moment, but would call me back. I didn't want to mess up the room if I was going to be moved to a new room so I laid down on the bed and waited. About an hour later, I realized that my luggage had not been brought up, so I called downstairs to inquire. I was told it would be brought up immediately. A few moments later, there was a knock at the door, and I was handed my luggage and given an apology for the delay. At that point, I figured the manager wasn't going to call me back so i unpacked. I had originally planned to go down to the bar and maybe have a beer if they had good ones on tap. But was so tired by that point, I just went to sleep. In the morning, I had breakfast at the hotel, which was ok. Glad I skipped the bar the night before, because they didn't have an IPA on draft. The hotel was not worth what I paid for it.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the heart of Manhattan at 345 West 35th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues, TRYP New York City Times Square South is so central, so packed with fun, and so "New York"… You will truly feel like you Own the City. This is the first TRYP hotel we open in the U.S., part of a family of exciting properties in the world’s most attractive hotspots including Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Frankfurt and Paris. We rebuilt and redesigned this hotel in a retro building site smack dab in the middle of major metro business centers and most of New York City's top attractions. You'll be poised to take advantage of primo shopping and dining, Times Square, the Empire State Building and the ever-exciting Madison Square Garden.Besides our spacious TRYP Rooms, TRYP New York City Times Square South features signature rooms that have become defining elements of the TRYP brand. Our Fitness rooms come with a fitness machine and complimentary workout gear. Family rooms are the ideal choice for families with small children: bunk beds for kids and an oversized bed for parents. And our Media rooms are stacked with 55" TVs, surround sound, popcorn makers, Nintendo Wii, iPod "dock," 3D glasses, Blu Ray player and a multiple media connectivity panel. We’re sure that you’ll be in awe of the grand open environment of our Plaza Central, where you can relax, meet up with colleagues or make new friends. But our attention to detail doesn’t stop there. We also keep your heart pumping with a 24x7 fitness center and we’ll help you host the event of the year with 2,100 sq. ft. of meeting space that accommodates up to 100 people. Welcome to the first Tryp Hotel in the Americas, the Tryp Times Square South Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Fareportal and Venere so you can book your TRYP by Wyndham Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.