We have stayed in probably close 20 hotels in NYC but never with all 3 of our children. This summer we were called to the City on business for an extended amount of time so we arranged to rent an apartment. Unfortunately at the last minute, our place fell through, leaving us searching not only for a hotel large enough to accommodate 5 people but also all our STUFF (bags, luggage, housing supplies, etc). We booked a week at the TRYP Hotel based on the number of beds alone (2 bunk beds, 2 queen beds and a full size sleeper sofa). When I walked into our room, I was in complete awe. The size of the room alone literally blew my mind. HUGE by any city's standards, much less NYC! Refrigerator, 2 sinks, Keurig coffee pot, dining table, 2 large flat screen tvs, luxurious double rainfall shower heads (I need that in my own bathroom at home!), comfy bedding, tons of cabinets, drawers and counter space! SO much extra floor space I had to ask my daughters to stop dancing around in case it was bothering the guests downstairs! We were able to store all our items in the room without having to sacrifice living space.
When we first arrived around 6:30pm, we arrived in a rented SUV that needed to be parked overnight so it could be returned in the morning. The very first person we met at TRYP was Zahir. He met us at the curb and helped us unpack an entire SUV full of stuff. Then, he insisted on helping us avoid the $53 overnight parking fee by getting us a spot on the street, as long as it was gone before 7am (which was no problem at all). Amazingly kind gesture. From that point on Zahir was always available to help us with anything. Our children couldn't wait to see him every afternoon...he always made us feel at home up until our last day when he arranged for Sprites to be brought to our table while we waited to check out. Shayla (at the front desk) was also super friendly and accommodating as was Danny. In fact, there wasn't anyone we came in contact with who was less than over-the-top kind, generous, warm and welcoming.
On our last day, we discovered the gorgeous rooftop terrace on the 15th floor...somehow we missed that cool amenity. The Gasto Bar downstairs offers a fun, funky vibe of tapas and cocktails during the day and a delicious breakfast every morning. Just the presentation of the food alone is impressive. Everything is very well thought out and aesthetically pleasing...its the kind of vibe that makes you think about how you could replicate it in your own home!
We always feel safe in NYC but this location feels especially secure, as it is next door to a police station and there is a large police presence on the street.
If we could have arranged it, we would have just stayed at TRYP for the entire 2 months we are in NYC this summer and we are so thankful to know we have a great place to stay as a family on all our future trips to the Big Apple. We intend to stop in and say hello to all our new friends at TRYP on a regular basis while we are in town.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the heart of Manhattan at 345 West 35th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues, TRYP New York City Times Square South is so central, so packed with fun, and so "New York"… You will truly feel like you Own the City. This is the first TRYP hotel we open in the U.S., part of a family of exciting properties in the world’s most attractive hotspots including Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Frankfurt and Paris. We rebuilt and redesigned this hotel in a retro building site smack dab in the middle of major metro business centers and most of New York City's top attractions. You'll be poised to take advantage of primo shopping and dining, Times Square, the Empire State Building and the ever-exciting Madison Square Garden.Besides our spacious TRYP Rooms, TRYP New York City Times Square South features signature rooms that have become defining elements of the TRYP brand. Our Fitness rooms come with a fitness machine and complimentary workout gear. Family rooms are the ideal choice for families with small children: bunk beds for kids and an oversized bed for parents. And our Media rooms are stacked with 55" TVs, surround sound, popcorn makers, Nintendo Wii, iPod "dock," 3D glasses, Blu Ray player and a multiple media connectivity panel. We’re sure that you’ll be in awe of the grand open environment of our Plaza Central, where you can relax, meet up with colleagues or make new friends. But our attention to detail doesn’t stop there. We also keep your heart pumping with a 24x7 fitness center and we’ll help you host the event of the year with 2,100 sq. ft. of meeting space that accommodates up to 100 people. Welcome to the first Tryp Hotel in the Americas, the Tryp Times Square South Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Otel, Venere, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your TRYP by Wyndham Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.