I like this hotel very much and highly recommend it. The staff are fabulous....in fact, they are always so happy to see me, with hugs and a big welcome back, that I can't imagine staying anywhere else. The lobby and hotel rooms are immaculate.
I do have some strong suggestions I hope the management will read and consider. The hotel rooms are very poorly lit....it's very difficult to see by the poor lighting. There should be lamps on both sides of the bed that are good reading lights. The lamp on the desk offers poor cold lighting. The "overhead" lighting is cold. Wall sconces or floor lamps with up-lighting would make a huge difference. The decor in the room makes the room feel like it's a big bathroom in an upscale restaurant....easily improved with better and warm lighting.
The bathrooms are lovely with an absolutely wonderful shower...but, please get rid of the plastic-wrapped paper cups and replace them with glass. The paper cups are tacky!
The rooms need welcome magazines and materials and fridges.
I look forward to my next visit to this hotel and hope some improvements will have bee made.
- Also Known As:
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel New York City
- Tryp Times Square South Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked into the heart of Manhattan at 345 West 35th Street, between 8th and 9th Avenues, TRYP New York City Times Square South is so central, so packed with fun, and so "New York"… You will truly feel like you Own the City. This is the first TRYP hotel we open in the U.S., part of a family of exciting properties in the world’s most attractive hotspots including Berlin, Madrid, Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Frankfurt and Paris. We rebuilt and redesigned this hotel in a retro building site smack dab in the middle of major metro business centers and most of New York City's top attractions. You'll be poised to take advantage of primo shopping and dining, Times Square, the Empire State Building and the ever-exciting Madison Square Garden.Besides our spacious TRYP Rooms, TRYP New York City Times Square South features signature rooms that have become defining elements of the TRYP brand. Our Fitness rooms come with a fitness machine and complimentary workout gear. Family rooms are the ideal choice for families with small children: bunk beds for kids and an oversized bed for parents. And our Media rooms are stacked with 55" TVs, surround sound, popcorn makers, Nintendo Wii, iPod "dock," 3D glasses, Blu Ray player and a multiple media connectivity panel. We’re sure that you’ll be in awe of the grand open environment of our Plaza Central, where you can relax, meet up with colleagues or make new friends. But our attention to detail doesn’t stop there. We also keep your heart pumping with a 24x7 fitness center and we’ll help you host the event of the year with 2,100 sq. ft. of meeting space that accommodates up to 100 people. Welcome to the first Tryp Hotel in the Americas, the Tryp Times Square South Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your TRYP by Wyndham Times Square South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.