“Great value - little gem” 4 of 5 stars

City Club Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   55 West 44th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Midtown)   |
Ranked #215 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Los Angeles
“Great value - little gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel very much delivers as promised. For the price and location, it is difficult to beat. My room was very clean, quiet and tastefully decorated. I had to spend the better part of my first day working in my room. The wifi worked well, and the staff and food in the hotel were really great. I picked the location on this business trip because I wanted to see the MOMA after I was done with work, and it is close enough for a run through central park. I could not have done better - had considered staying at the W, as I have stayed at many W's, but I was happy that I came here instead.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Rensselaer, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

So close to time Square! Walk out turn right, and your in the middle of time square. The room was very clean, the bed was huge! The bathroom was granite tiled it was beautifull. No noise from the city. We slept really well ! The Seconde floor lounge area has a wonderfull seating room. They leave cookies instead of mints. Yummy!! :) I would reccommed this Hotel for a weekend stay! It was a great suprise to have such a cute hotel in such a great location! Freindly and helpful staff.

Room Tip: Corner Suites are fantastic! Bigger beds!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

I loved this hotel. It's a little gem in the Midtown Manhattan area that's a few steps away from the action of Times Square, Macy's and more. The concierge and employees were friendly, courteous and helpful and the room I stayed in was very modern and comfortable.... the perfect size for a weekend stay. Comfy bed, plush towels and robes, ipod/phone dock station and more. My room was on the second floor and I didn't have any view as the hotel is stuck between 2 buildings but I didn't stay in my room much so that really was no big deal. There is a restaurant downstairs that I didn't have a chance to try out but it seemed very busy every time I passed it. I highly recommend this hotel to every one and plan on staying there for my future visits to NYC.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Lander, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

You can't beat this mid-town NYC location. Sure, the rooms are Manhattan-sized, but still well-appointed and quiet. The desk staff were friendly and always helpful with greetings, printing email, storing luggage or suggesting eateries, sports bars or the best place to buy a baguette. Discounted parking and gym access are nearby. The lobby area is no impressive edifice, but a smiling midnight desk clerk sure makes up for the decor.

I left my mobile phone in my room as I headed out and before I could reach the lobby, cleaning staff had found it and called down to head me off.

I found a variety of deals via jettsetter.com and the straight-on hotel website. I plan and hope to stay there again.

Thanks, City Club!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lowell, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I absolutely love this little gem. It's an adorable boutique hotel in a great location. I first stayed here about 4 years ago and I can't imagine staying anywhere else while in the city! The management and staff are very friendly and helpful and will go above and beyond to accommodate you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Small room - think your college dorm room but cute. The bench seating is awesome; there is very little wasted space in the room.

Hard to spot on the street as the entrance is subdued compared to the Sofitel a few doors down.

Comfortable stay. 5 blocks or so from Grand Central Station. Good restaurant downstairs. No view, at least from the room I used.

I would stay here again if I only needed for a night or two, or didn't plan to spend a lot of time in the room.

• Stayed February 2013
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I recently moved to Boston from NYC and now when I go back for work, I generally just need a place to crash. So I don't need much room.

This hotel was fantastic. I had one of the petite rooms and it was more than enough room. The bathroom was large.. the water pressure was good... and the bed was super cozy.

There was no view---but I don't think a view is necessary depending on the type of stay you.

The turn down service was great.

Loved it :)