“Spectacular!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park

You added The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #32 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Dublin, Ohio
“Spectacular!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2005

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights in April; we got a club level room. The location was great - close to so many things and right on Central Park. The only disappointment was our view...of a brick wall - other than that it was wonderful! The room was beautifully decorated, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was large and covered in marble. The evening turn-down service with jazz music was a nice touch. The club lounge was great, it was very nice to sit in the lounge and enjoy the food and drinks while overlooking Central Park. I especially enjoyed the afternoon tea service. The club concierge was very helpful. The spa was wonderful too. The hotel staff was very pleasant and we were always greeted by name. To top it off, we stayed for free using our Mastercard rewards. We will definitely return to the Ritz on Central Park and look forward to it! We didn't know about the Maybach, we'll have to try that on our next visit! This was my husband's 1st visit to NYC and my 2nd - we loved it and we are already planning another trip!

• Stayed April 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Turkish first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2005

This was every bit a professional and impressive as expected. (But they do charge you for it!)

Took my mother as a treat for her 60th last November and didn't regret paying the extra - great location and staff fantastic.

If I win the lottery I'll definitely return!

London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2005

We stayed in a Parkview room 22-25 April 2005 to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. This was to be a no-expense-spared blow-out. I was a little anxious that my high expectations might not be met - I needn't have been. The room was great, the staff friendly, welcoming and eager to please. I had read on the internet about the Bentley 'house car' available for guests and boldly asked the doorman if it was available to take us to the Empire State building. Not only did he call round the stretch Maybach mentioned by the previous reviewer (a truly astonishing car), but the concierge provided us with the hotel's VIP pass for the Empire State, which allowed us to jump all the queues. We were in and out in 20 minutes. The burger I had from room service one lazy afternoon was the best burger I've ever had (and I've had a few!). I now have 10 years to work out how I top this for our 20th anniversary. Any faults? Well, everything's expensive (food, cocktails) but then I expected that, and the quality justifies the high prices.

• Stayed April 2005

Been to The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park

#41 Business Hotel in New York City
#46 Family Hotel in New York City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Hotel Class:5 star — The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park 5*
Striking hotel with cosmopolitan elegance overlooking Central Park - Easy walking distance to famous Fifth Avenue shops. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ritz Carlton New York City
Ritz New York City
New York City Ritz Carlton
Ritz Carlton Central Park
Ritz Carlton Manhattan

If you own or manage The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.