This property opened early last decade and it is still going strong.
It once had the best hotel restaurant in the city run by Gabriel Kruthier, but he left around 2005 for Modern. Since then it's changed hands a number of times.
Nearly everything else at the Ritz has stayed the same and Im glad it has. The lobby still has amazing artwork, the bar is still manned by Norman, the Club Level still delivers great service, and the rooms are still plush. I truly hope they do not think about giving anything about this property a large make-over. Just keep putting polish on the gem.
Sure, I miss some things like Fekkai amenities and caviar in the Club (actually the latter is a big issue)...but on my varied stays at NYC 5-stars, the Ritz is still my favorite. Highly recommended; even in the entry level rooms...which have no view, but communicate a quietness that is rare in NYC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Striking hotel with cosmopolitan elegance overlooking Central Park - Easy walking distance to famous Fifth Avenue shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz Carlton New York City
- Ritz New York City
- New York City Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Central Park
- Ritz Carlton Manhattan