“business and leisure...excellent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #33 of 453 Hotels in New York City
Balikpapan, Indonesia
“business and leisure...excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

it was spring, and it was chill.. This hotel provides enough facilities for me doing business in new york. I love the restaurant and the room where i stayed. The staffs are friendly and very helpful. The location are also strategic, i only need to cross over the main road to go to central park.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

My room on the 22nd floor overlooking the park was breathtaking as the 12 inches of snow began to fall. The bellman were so helpful in getting me to my meeting but the sidewalks were frozen. When I returned the just grabbed my frozen self and carried me in! Yes! I love them! The club lounge was amazing as it should be and enjoyable to watch out the windows. I had an amazing massage. Customer Service was at the top of the scale! I love Ritz Carlton and this is only a few reasons why!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

After having a superior experience at the Ritz Carlton in London (live piano music, superb tea delicacies) I cannot begin how disappointed we are with today's tea at the Ritz Carlton in NY Central Park. Inattentive service, mediocre treats and tip charged on my credit card when gratuity was given in cash. Strongly encourage their management to seek training from their counterpart overseas - NY deserves better.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Erden K, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear CDACAUA,

Thank you for your feedback and please accept my deepest apology for your unpleasant experience with the afternoon tea experience. I regret that you were left with a completely negative impression and please know that regaining your trust and faith in our hotel is very important to us. We certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and would appreciate the opportunity to be in touch with you. If you could afford the time, I may be reached directly at this number (212)- 521 6033. I look forward to hearing from you.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here with friends whilst visiting NYC for 4 nights, and it absolutely did not disappoint. From the first moment we stepped into the hotel it's cosy yet luxurious tone made us instantly relax and feel at ease. The staff are interested, friendly and helpful no matter how small the question. Our room, a 'double double' with a city view (basically a view of the next building), was comfortable and very well equipped - the bathroom was very spacious and coped well with four girls all getting ready to go out at the same time. Would love to return her one day and would certainly recommend this for anyone looking for a luxurious city break.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Ludders27,

Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park and sharing your wonderful experience. We truly appreciate your kind compliments and certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back and serving you again.

Riga, Latvia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

That was my first visit to NY and I decided to choose at least good hotel, because you never now with the first time. Stayed for 5 nights in a double room. I could say it was a good choice, I was satisfied with the price/quality ratio. Location is perfect as is the staff. Had no opportunity to try out the local dining options as I had too big plans for that short trip. Could sleep very well and the room cleaning was done good.
I forgot my watch in the room and after contacting the hotel reception from the Airport, they found it and shipped to my next destination hotel - San Juan, Puerto Rico. Thanks for that.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andris B,

We are delighted to hear your experience and certainly look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park.

Brighton and Hove, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Fantastic location on Central Park South, the doormen are so friendly and welcoming. We requested a room with 2 double beds for myself & my Mum which are quite scarce at the hotel. Our room was lovely ans well appointed but with no view whatsoever.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear RedArrow 2013,

We are extremely thankful to you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience.

Regards,
Naples, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

We stay at the Ritz Central Park when we are in NYC. They know you, they are happy to see you return, and that great treatment starts at the front door with Joe, Al, Felix, and all the bellmen and extends to the front desk, concierge and then continues to the Bar, where Norman and Eric are true professionals.
Rooms are well appointed, clean and the housekeeping staff is excellent as well.
The location is as good as it gets, bordering CP on the South side and in a perfect Midtown spot.
We will be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Patrick R, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Jjs57,
I am thrilled to read you were impressed with so many different facets of your stay. All of our ladies and gentlemen such as Joe, Al, Felix, Norman are truly committed to providing the finest personal services and experiences. It is because of their dedication to our guests that we are one of the most iconic hotels in our market. We truly appreciate your wonderful review and look forward to your return visit.

Regards,
Hotel Manager

Been to The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park? Share your experiences!