“Great lunch” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park

You added The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #30 of 459 Hotels in New York City
“Great lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We sat in the lounge for a few cocktails and some snacks. We had meatballs, hummus, and caviar. The food and service was outstanding. We told them it was my birthday and they surprised me weith hot molten chocolate cake, ice cream and a song!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Turkish first
New Bedford, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Just spent 2 nights and 3 days here 12.20 - 12.22. The staff are all truly spectacular. The property is perfectly located across from Central Park. We had a beautiful suite overlooking the park on the 16th floor. Club Lounge Access is well worth the additional charge. We used the lounge throughout the day for a break from walking and the hustle and bustle of the city. Truly 5 star from start to finish. You definitely get what you pay for here!!

Room Tip: High Floor facing Central Park !!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

While in NYC this past weekend my travel companions (4 of us) stopped into the Ritz for a drink to warm up after frolicking in the Central Park snow. To our dissatisfaction we waiting 10 minutes at the bar without even being looked at. Once we finally order our drinks (3 hot chocolates' with Baileys & 1 Irish Coffee) we were told it would just be a few minutes. We asked for a few waters in the meantime & that never came. 45 minutes later & 3 different managers assuring us our drinks would take just a few moments longer and having to ask 5 times for a glass of water we received cold hot chocolate, half a glass of water and barely an apology. I am never one to complain as I was in the service industry my entire teen/early twenties life & get crass customers, but this was not the case. Trying to be friendly as it was Christmas time we asked for the bill so we could get on our merry way. We got the bill and as I am a Platinum Marriott rewards member I picked up the tab with my Marriott credit card. $80 for cold hot chocolate & a mediocre Irish coffee. Nothing was comped and there was not even an apology. We did not stay here, nor would I ever, but I can honestly say I was less than impressed with the hospitality.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
South Woodstock, Vermont
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Delightful rooms, excellent service and much pampering. The location was perfect for a weekend in Manhattan. The staff was excellent and took great care of two women alone in the city. I highly suggest a few nights here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

The suite has a touch of class while still being modern. The room looks over Central Park which is an amazing view any time of year, from the plush greens in the summer to the changing colors of the trees in the fall you can not go wrong, There is even a room for staff/security with a small kitchen area, but kept private from the rest of the room.
The lobby has remained with the traditional look but with upgraded furniture, Staff was very friendly. There is a restaurant attached to the hotel with a cozy fireplace to keep you warm in the winter but there are plenty of bars and restaurants around if that did meet your needs.
The other rooms were a good size, when last seen, they needed some upgrading on furniture, i am sure has been completed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
various
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Of course the hotel is exquisite and the location is amazing. But what surprised me was how lovely, helpful, and kind every single employee (whom I encountered) was....literally everyone...the doorman, the front desk, housekeeping, etc. I know they are 'supposed' to be nice...but this is New York...not to mention the snootiest area of the New York...so I guess I expected a little more aloofness or something. I am always when my negative stereotypes are proven wrong :-) And you should have seen the amazing chocolate extravaganza they sent to our room to wish us a happy anniversary!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This place is gorgeous and has top-notch service. The concierge emailed us a few days before our visit to see if there was anything we needed (we didn't, but it was a nice touch). The room was stunning, overlooking central park. Even though Central Park South is a busy road, there was little street noise. The hotel is convenient to all of mid-town, including the theater district, 5th and Madison avenues, and, of course, the park.

My only gripe: I do wish they put coffee service in the room -- I had to go to the lobby to get it in the mornings. I suppose I could have asked for one, but I didn't think of it at the time.

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking the park.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park? Share your experiences!