Stayed at the Ritz for a work reward trip - my budget is usually more of the Marriott or Hilton variety. My husband was unable to accompany me on the trip so two girlfriends went with me - thus we requested a room with 2 double beds. Just beware - apparently they only have one room with double beds per floor and this does not come with a park or a city view, rather the view of the wall of another building 2 feet in front of you outside every window. Needless to say our room was not equipped with the fabled telescope so many others mentioned.
The bathroom in the room was huge and very nice with a separate shower and tub and enough room for 3 "girls" to get ready in at the same time.
This being New York , we were not in our room all that much and I will have to say that when it comes to Concierge services the Ritz is top notch. The Concierge assisted us with several reservations prior to our arrival. On the afternoon we checked in we mentioned that we wanted to stop by somewhere for a quick drink prior to dinner and before we even unpacked our bags an envelope was slipped under the door with spot on recommendations.
The dinner reservation (Beauty & Essex) and lunch reservation (ABC Kitchen) that the Concierge recommended and made for us were exceptional and provided the exact tailored experience we had requested.
Of course you can't beat the Central Park location and getting a cab is a breeze. Additionally, we were always greeted by name each morning down in the lobby by the endearing Enders (sp?).
One thing we found peculiar was that when they do turn down service they place the pillows in the window behind the drapes. The first night we returned we had no idea where our pillows were and called housekeeping for more, only to discover the others the next morning.
All in all we had a great experience, but had I been paying don't know if I could justify the additional $200+ per night it costs to stay there over other hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Striking hotel with cosmopolitan elegance overlooking Central Park - Easy walking distance to famous Fifth Avenue shops. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Marriott, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz Carlton New York City
- Ritz New York City
- New York City Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton Central Park
- Ritz Carlton Manhattan