“The Best Service Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 Central Park South, New York City, NY 10019 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$50 Hotel Credit & More
Ranked #31 of 453 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“The Best Service Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I recently took my wife to the Ritz Carlton Central Book to celebrate her birthday. It was by far one of the best experiences ever at a hotel.

I contacted them before to arrange for flowers and champagne in the room. When we arrived, we had been upgraded to an amazing room overlooking the park. The champagne and flowers were there, and so were beautiful chocolate covered strawberries.

That night, we had dinner at 21. We had not told the restaurant that it was my wife's birthday, but the waiter brought over champagne on the house and told us that the hotel had called ahead.

We then went to a show. When we returned to our room, the soundtrack from the show was playing and there was a note, letting us know that the CD was for us so we could remember the show.

These are just a few of the highlights. The entire experience was perfect from beginning to end.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This Ritz-Carlton is exactly what a Ritz should be. The location is perfect...right off of Central Park...convenient to ABC Studios, Time Warner Center/Shops, The Plaza, Apple Store, Bergdorf's and other Fifth Avenue shopping. The bar and restaurant are fabulous- and the other guests are extremely friendly. One note, ask for a room that actually has a view (and isn't by the heating/cooling vents overlooking the rooftop). Those rooms definitely exist and that is the only thing that could possibly dampen your experience. Otherwise, it's perfect and- along with the Mandarin Oriental- one of the best hotel choices in the city.

Room Tip: Request a room that actually has a view (and isn't by the heating/cooling vents or with a view o...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We have stayed at the Ritz Carlton Central park many times. As always the staff is fantastic. It is a lovely hotel in a great location. We had a few minor complaints. For some reason they now store housekeeping itmes in the hallways. It is really weird to see a rack of towels etc. (there was a sheet thrown over top of the rack to "hide" it) in the hallway next to our guest room. The workout equipment is getting old. For a hotel of this caliber nothing should be showing its age. We will probably still stay there the next time we are in NYC.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This is simply one of the top hotels in NYC. The service is phenomenal, the property striking, and the service fabulous. There aren't too many better locations to be in midtown, close to shopping, dining, and across the street from central park.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Southeast Asia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The location is indeed fabulous, just within few steps from Central Park. The room is quite luxurious in a Ritz Carlton way. They don't come in a bargain either, but this is NYC!
Staff are efficient although somehow I found that their politeness and friendliness are rather "plastic" - not genuinely coming from their heart. However, I have no complain about this hotel at all nor was I super impressed either. The breakfast room is rather uninspiring, however I quite like the bar/lounge area which is small and intimate in sort of English way.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just returned from my second stay at The Ritz Central Park and it was better than before if that is possible. I took my mom there for her 80th birthday and they treated her royally. We had a small issue with the first room as they are doing repair work on the outside of the building and it was loud. They were very reponsive and changed our rooms. They treated us with a birthday cake and a bottle of wine. We love the club level lounge and find it a great place to relax and enjoy the food and beverage selection. The club staff are the best. They reconize you as a returning quest and every request is met with a yes. Best hotel in New York for service, staff and location. The view from 1710 was AMAZING!!!

Room Tip: High floor!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Here's a quick story to illustrate the great service: Big surprise: my flight into JFK was delayed and then it took about an hour-and-a-half to get into the city during rush hour. That left me with about a half-hour to check in and to get ready for a big meeting. As I waited to get my keys, a friendly front desk employee offered me a bottle of water and warm welcome. Within a few quick minutes I was in my room, quickly unpacking. I phoned room service for what would be my first of three interactions with Denise, one of the best hotel employees I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with. I explained the situation and she and her team rushed a shrimp cocktail to my room in about 10 minutes! After my meeting, I ordered a Kobe beef burger with avocado - perfectly prepared and again, it was in my room in record time. The next night, I was debating a delicious cobbler because it came with lavendar ice cream. Denise offered to give me a dip of vanilla as well in case I wasn't crazy about the lavendar - turns out, they were both excellent. All three meals were delivered by incredibly friendly waiters as well. Everyone I encountered, from the maids to the doormen to the Spa employees were friendly and efficient. As for the rooms, they are bright and comfortable with an impressive marble bathroom and all the little extras the chain includes, like collar stays, mouthwash, Woolite, etc. The fitness center and locker area are top notch and the location, just down the street from The Plaza, makes it one of the best addresses in the City. I've been extremely blessed to stay in 5-star hotels on 6 continents. While I've always been partial to Four Seasons and Penninsula properties, the Ritz-Carlton Central Park is right up there... this stay put the hotel above even the Dorcester in London when it comes to service. There are plenty of great hotels in NYC... but know that if you pic the Ritz-Carlton Central Park, you will encounter the kind of service that will make you want to come back again soon.

Room Tip: Upper floor rooms that have a view of central park can be preferred, but the interior rooms are quie...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park? Share your experiences!