“Will definitely be back to The Library!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Library Hotel

Save Saved
You added Library Hotel to your Saves list
Library Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   299 Madison Ave., at 41st St., Entrance on 41st Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
TripAdvisor Fans Save 20%
Ranked #4 of 453 Hotels in New York City
London, United Kingdom
“Will definitely be back to The Library!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

My friend and I stayed at The Library for 5 nights during our most recent visit to NYC. The hotel had been recommended to us and it didn't disappoint! The staff were always courteous and friendly and before we even arrived, we had been exchanging emails to get their advice on some things to do over the 4th July holiday weekend.

The city had some heavy rain showers in the evenings but we never had to worry as the doorman would always run out into the rain to hail a cab for us!

Breakfast was plentiful and delicious and the wine and cheese in the evenings was a much appreciated bonus - especially after a hard day of shopping!

As is typical of NYC, the rooms are fairly small but ours was perfectly formed, had a generously proportioned bathroom, was immaculate and importantly for us, was very quiet despite the hotel's location off busy Madison Ave!

Location-wise, The Library is perfect - it was great to be so well connected and within walking distance of most places that we wanted to visit.

We will definitely be staying at The Library for our next jaunt to NYC!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

we stayed in this wonderful hotel fir 6 nights and it was very difficult to say goodbye!
This hotel is just perfect!! From the nice and very tidy rooms to the wonderful breakfast, the very very friendly staff and even the wine and cheese that are served on a daily basis between 5 and 9 PM.
I loved this hotel so much that there is no way I won't come back!
Very very recommended!!!

Stayed July 2014
Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent a week at this hotel for our first visit to NYC in early June 2014. We picked the hotel based on reviews on here. From the moment we got out of the taxi, all the staff could not do enough for us from the door man to the receptionist. The rooms are a little small but that apparently is the norm in NYC. There is a high level of attention to detail from the way the room is set up and laid out to the personal greeting card you received when you first arrive and the information made available to you on a daily basis. As we mentioned in the title the location of this hotel could not be better for anyone wanting to get the most out of Manhattan and not wanting to spend time and money on taxi's. Breakfast was first class with a choice that would cater for anyone and a nice touch was every afternoon the was cheese and wine available on a help you self basis plus there was coffee and biscuit available throughout the day. Of course if you are party person the top roof wine bar is the best place to rub shoulder with the elite of Manhattan. Slight negative was the lifts got very busy at around 5pm with outsiders visiting the roof top bar. Should we visit NYC again we would seriously consider this hotel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

I stayed here for a week at the end of June 2014 and it was brilliant. It was my second time here and it was as good as the first time. I had requested the same room as last time which was made possible. All the staff are so friendly and helpful from Arman and the others at the reception, Alvin at the door, Gabriella and Anna at breakfast, the nice ladies who kept my room clean and tidy and everybody else.
Even though it is close to Grand Central Station and on the corner of Madison, it is quiet and peaceful.
It is not a big hotel, which makes it feel very warm, friendly and like a home away from home. I will definitely be going back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed here two nights and it was better than expected. My room was the smallest avail, but still well laid out and much better than most of the many I've stayed at in nyc. Bathroom was big for nyc stabdards. Wonderful location, great staff, and enjoyed the amenities. I stayed the first night solo, so it was great to have the wine/cheese reception to allow me to have some snacks without leaving the hotel. I was able to catch up on work emails while the thoughtful staff catered to me. The lovely lady in the reading room (didn't catch her name but was from Czech Republic?) was wonderful. Such a pleasant person, but also very helpful and had my wine glass filled quickly each time it got low. She was a nice ray of sunshine for my stay! The next day my sister joined me for the stay, and it was nice to have a hearty breakfast with her before sight seeing. The ability to borrow a movie was a perfect way to cap off the night. And my 2 minute walk to grand central the morning that I left was the best part. Ill be back! Thanks!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Great reviews in Tripadvisor got me to reserve this hotel and I am so happy I did so! This hotel is simply GREAT! This is a boutique hotel with only 60 rooms. The room isn't big but it is comfortable and very clean (it is made up twice a day). On the second floor there is the library room. This is a very comfortable lounge with books (and a piano). It is opened 24/7 with coffee/ tea etc at all times. This is also the place for daily breakfast and for wine and cheese every day in the afternoon. One can also enjoy the beautiful rooftop bar allowing indoor and outdoor seating with a great view. The staff is very friendly and professional. Upon checkout I was worried about getting to the bus with my luggage and was helped all the way to the bus, with my heavy suitcases by Billy the concierge- can not get any more attentive and friendly than this. Will surely be back!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My experience at the Library Hotel was simply the best hotel experience I’ve ever had in New York. I booked the “Book Lover’s Deal” and was extremely satisfied. My hotel room was clean (“and stacked with books”), the hotel staff were very courteous, the location of the hotel was convenient to many locations in Mid-Town Manhattan, and the other rooms (e.g., the Reading Room, the Writer’s Den & Poetry Garden, etc.) greatly enhanced the overall experience. The arrangement of the overall hotel (based on the Dewey Decimal Classification System) was fascinating and made want to book specific rooms (like Classic Literature) for my next stay. Overall, booking a stay at the Library Hotel should be a must for any bibliophile.

Room Tip: Be familiar with the Dewey Decimal System if you want a specific Theme for your room