“Perfect boutique hotel experience!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Library Hotel

You added Library Hotel to your Saves list
Library Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   299 Madison Ave., at 41st St., Entrance on 41st Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
TripAdvisor Fans Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Laurel, MD
“Perfect boutique hotel experience!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed here during a weekend visit to NYC. It was a bit of a splurge, but we simply could not have enjoyed ourselves more. Considering its location, the hotel is very quiet. While our Deluxe Queen room was smallish, it was immaculate and very nicely appointed. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was beautiful, and hot water was almost instant. The hotel staff was very helpful and cheerful at all times. Their buffet Continental breakfast was very good, and they also have complementary wine and cheese every evening before dinner. Overall, they work very hard to take care of their guests and give them a wonderful, intimate experience. Hotel location is perfect: close to the NY Public Library and Grand Central Station, and a short walk to Times Square. For a special occasion, you really couldn't do better.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

As a Librarian from Australia as soon as I knew I was going to New York I knew this was where I was going to say. I was not disappointed. Our room was gorgeous and had everything we needed. Having the Reading Room on the 2nd Floor was great as it was so relaxing and peaceful to just sit in there and read. Plus the free tea, coffee, biscuits and pastries were a great touch. I also spent some time on the roof area which was also very relaxing and included a bar with great cocktails. One of my favourite things was the "Do Not Disturb" sign which said "Sssh, I'm Reading", I loved it! I could not have asked for a better place to stay and I will definitely stay there again if I ever get the chance to go back to New York.

Room Tip: All rooms are great so it just comes down to how much money you are willing to spend.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

We recently came to New York with the family (4 children). We decided to stay at the Library Hotel because of the reviews on trip adviser and we were not disappointed.

The Hotel is in a great location, the rooms are a good size for a New York Hotel (we had a suite and adjoining room) and the staff couldn't do more to help.

There was breakfast included and all day refreshments included in the price served in a lovely lounge or on the roof top garden.

We were made to feel very comfortable at the hotel and nothing was too much trouble all without being made to feel that it was only being done for the gratuity.

We would gladly reommend this hotel and stay here again when we are in New York.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Alexandria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Last weekend, we stayed at the Library Hotel and loved it. I chose the hotel based on the reviews, and was looking forward to see what all the fuss was about. First of all, the location is great. It is in Midtown, one block away from Grand Central and Fifth Avenue. I have been to NYC about ten or so times, and this is hands down the top of all of them. In the past there was always one or two things that was lacking at the hotel. This time there was nothing. The location was the best. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, but I did not feel that they were just going through the motions. The breakfast which is served daily, was delicious. Also, the coffee machine that made my daily cappuccino was yummy. There are also newspapers in the reading room for all to enjoy. I was very pleased to read the New York Post over my breakfast. I love to read, so I thought the theme of books was great. We were in room 304, the Social Sciences floor. The room was smaller, but it was very comfortable. We were very happy to go back to it each night to relax. There is play that is debuting in October that I wish to see, and I have already made my reservation to come back to this hotel in December. I can not wait. I also learned that they have the AFI top 100 movies that you can watch from the lobby. I will definitely be checking that out next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Had a 7 night stay in the Paranormal room (Queen bed). Room was perfectly adequate for two people. Air-conditioning was noisy, but we were so tired from exploring the city that it did not disturb us too much.

Staff were faultless, attentive, friendly, even greeting us when bumped into in the street.

As an example of the service, I emailed asking for a reservation to be made for dinner. The concierge had not heard of the place before, so went personally and tried it out (Thanks Bill!).

If you want a small relaxed hotel in a central location, you will not regret booking at the Library.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Goshen, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We had a fabulous stay at the Library Hotel for our 10th Anniversary. The hotel is charming with the library theme set throughout and tastefully done. The staff was exceptionally friendly, especially William McAdams. He was an absolute gem of a resource! He was spot on with all of his suggestions to help make our anniversary memorable. I am still thinking about the dinner we had at Blossom upon his recommendation. His attention to detail and his genuineness make him an asset to the hotel. I look forward to staying here again in the future.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We chose this hotel after reading lots of very positive reviews on tripadvisor and I must say we were not disappointed. All the staff we met were very friendly and courteous. The continental breakfast served every morning between 7 and 10 was always fresh and delicious and the complimentary evening wine and cheese reception is real bonus. The location is ideal, just off 5th Avenue and central to most attractions. We had booked the superior queen room which was delightfully decorated with a great en-suite, nice turn down service in the evening. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Library Hotel? Share your experiences!