“Wonderful Hotel, Great Location!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Library Hotel

You added Library Hotel to your Saves list
Library Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   299 Madison Ave., at 41st St., Entrance on 41st Street, New York City, NY 10017 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
TripAdvisor Fans Save 20%
Ranked #3 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Bakersfield, California
“Wonderful Hotel, Great Location!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I arrived at the hotel early in the morning. We though we would have to leave our luggage at the hotel and come back later in the day because I was sure our room wouldn’t be ready that early. But to my surprise, they had our room ready for us at 6:00 in the morning!! It was great to be able to freshen up after a long flight before heading out for the day. The staff was truly amazing!! They gave us a great restaurant recommendation. The hotel is within walking distance to Times Square and Central Park. We stayed in the Petite room and it was a prefect size for the two of us. The breakfast was wonderful and we also used the business center to print out our boarding passes when we were leaving. We'll never stay anywhere else in NYC!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (454)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

The Library hotel was a fabulous place to wait out Hurricane Sandy. What was originally a 3 night business trip quickly became a week's mandatory holiday. The staff at the Library Hotel are professional, friendly and helpful. Due to the storm and flight cancellations, we extended my stay twice. Nothing was too much trouble for those at the desk, especially Jessica and Billy, to assist us. We cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It was a quiet refuge and we felt lucky to be so well looked after.

Room Tip: Evening wine and cheese are a great way to unwind. Breakfast is also good value.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have stayed here twice now and loved it. The location is brilliant, service is excellent and amenities are just what you need after a days walking around New York! Just up from Grand Central station and within easy walk to Fifth Ave and Broadway (although a bit further!). As I was by myself I stayed in a petite room - but it had all I could want.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just returned having had a fabulous stay at the Library Hotel. Our room was a good size and for New York really quiet. The included breakfast had a wide selection on offer and the staff were happy to help.
The location ensures good connections to subway, buses and even shuttles to all airports.

Room Tip: We were on the 9th floor which was high enough to avoid too much noise.
Amstelveen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a small very comfortable hotel with a nice restaurant and a bar on the top floor. Very close to central station and Bryant Park. I got an upgrade to a very nice suite with views on Madison Avenue. Good service.

• Stayed November 2012
Newport Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The Library is a terrific small hotel in a good NYC location. We walked to many of the places of interest....lots of great places to eat....and at Christmas the Bryant Park Ice Rink and Christmas Market are just a couple of blocks away. We had a "Birthday" bottle of wine waiting for us....a very nice touch. We will stay there again.

Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I vacationed last week with my wife and three grown children in NYC. We were celebrating my wifes 50th birthday. We normally stay at the Hilton at 6th and 53rd, but they could not accommodate us during the Thanksgiving holidays. And I am glad they could not or I would not have discovered The Library Hotel.

I found them via TripAdvisor. And never has TripAdvisor been more correct about a hotel than this one.

The experience starts BEFORE you arrive. I spoke with Billy when making my room reservations. He was quick to point out that TripAdvisor was offering a good deal for their room rates. He also made some great recommendations for me as well as several reservations since we would be coming during a very busy week. He also set up our pickup at Newark airport which arrived like clockwork.

When we arrived at the hotel, we were greeted by the doorman as well as one of the concierges. Since we arrived well before the check in time of 3:00 pm, they stored our luggage for us while we had lunch and checked out the area. When we came back, our two rooms were ready. We were on the 5th floor (the math and science floor). Our kids got a kick out ot the library theme. We learned alot about dinosaurs this week. And they had a special gift and personalized note on the table for my wife for her birthday!

The rooms were of adequate size and the bathrooms were very roomy. We had a wonderful view of the NY Public Library and Madison Ave. The windows open completely, so you can open them for some fresh air if desired. Every night they turn down the bedsheets and leave fresh chocolate and bottled water as well as a handwritten note informing you of the following days weather forecast. The rooms have everything you need and we took them up on their offfer of free dvd's to watch late at night. Hotel slippers and bathrobes add to your comfort.

They also offer a wonderful daily breakfast and evening wine and cheese gathering on the second floor. The breakfast is actually not an afterthought. It is excellent! Bagels, danish, lots of fruit and juice selections, cereal, yogurt, excellent coffee and even cappuccino! Outstanding! And the servers and hostesses are delightful.

But the thing that sets The Library apart from any hotel/resort, etc. is their impeccable service. Everyone at their front desk is a knowledgeable concierge. I interacted mainly with Billy and Jessica. They were never too busy to help out with reservations, information, restaurant advice and tips for Broadway plays, etc. Jessica steered me to the best pizza joint I've ever been to (See review for John's Pizza!).

But the ultimate came AFTER we had left and were about to board our plane for home. I received a call from Jessica letting me know that they had found several clothing items in one of our rooms that we had mistakenly left behind. She had already packaged the items and set up a Fedex pickup for the next day! She just needed to know where to send them. What incredible service! Two days later we received the package.

There are so many things about The Library that make it my new favorite hotel in NYC. The great location, wonderful rooms, outstanding views, thoughtful amenities. But it's their genuine care for their guests that will bring us back.

Room Tip: Billy, Jessica or any of the concierges will set you up with the best room to fit your needs.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Library Hotel? Share your experiences!