“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

There is no better word to describe this hotel, other than it's FANTASTIC.

Fantastic customer service experience, fantastic rooms, fantastic bathrooms, fantastic location... get the picture!

This is my second stay at The Bryant Park Hotel (previously stayed in Aug08) and there is no other hotel to reside at whilst in NYC. I booked through Magellan and received ... here's the word again... fantastic rates (thanks Stacey Leganchuk). I was in the deluxe park view queen which felt like I was in a private room and not a hotel, with so much natural sunlight and the refreshing view of the Bryant Park, which is lit with fairy lights at night.

The room is very modern with wood flooring, LCD flat screen wall mounted, desk with chairs and plenty of cupboard space (built in). The bathroom is to die for and something you wish for at home with travertine marble tiles, separate bath (spacious) and shower, and again it caters well for females with plenty of vanity space ;-). Whilst in the shower or washing your teeth at the basin, if you chose to have the blinds up you had views of Times Square. Where else does this happen?!

The housekeeping team need to be commended as it is absolutely spotless and cleaning was always of a consistently high standard. So good to come back to your room after being out all day and not feel like you had to sanitise it again (yes, I am a germ phobe!).

The Bryant Park is a well thought out and planned boutique hotel. I always felt safe with hotel staff member checking cards prior to accessing the lifts. The concierge team remembered my name from check in and would personally greet me by name. These little things that make up the bigger picture of an excellent and fantastic stay.

Didn't eat at the hotel, but turn left and walk 300 metres you have Pax deli(cnr of 40W and 6th Ave) Fantastic deli for breakfast as it is cheap, fresh and clean. Hot breakfast of omelette, potatoes and toast is $4.99 and coffee or juice is $3. Great value and it's tasty. Produce is fresh due to it being a busy deli and take a seat and watch the NY morning crowd rushing to work. For dinner it was often late to go to a restaurant and after being tourists all day we couldn't be bothered either, so we would often grab takeaways from The Bryant Deli. This place is 24/7 on the corner of 6th Ave and 37th - walking distance. Great place to buy soft drinks, water, alcohol and food variety is great - with hot foods, cold foods, salads made to order, fruit, sweets etc. Again produce is fresh as it was always busy even at 12.15am. Thanks to the hotel Concierge for introducing us to The Bryant Deli.

The Bryant Hotel is in a fantastic location and we only had to use a cab once during our six night stay. We walked everywhere as it is smack bang in the middle of manhattan. For a hotel that is in Midtown Manhattan, you wouldn't know it when you were in your room. So peaceful and tranquil and so well sound proofed. The hotel was at full occupancy during my stay (01 -07Aug) and never heard any noises or door slamming from neighbouring rooms, that's how well sound proofed it is.

Also, whilst at full occupancy staff and housekeeping were flawless. Calls and queries were answered promptly, housekeeping kept up the spotless cleaning and Concierge team never seem flustered or under the pump.

Save yourself a lot of heartache and don't bother with any other hotel in NYC - The Bryant Park is.... FANTASTIC.

Can't wait to return next year and stay again.

Happy Travels,
NadiaR - Perth Australia

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, December 1, 2010
Thank you for your amazing review and for being so detailed. Our houskeepers take a lot of pride in their job and your review meant a lot to them. I am very glad that we were able to help create some great NY memories. I hope the next time you visit NY you make us your first choice of stay. If you need anything, please contact me directly. Darren Sumner dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (517)
tallaght, dublin ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Where do I start with the Bryant Park?

We (my wife, Aunt and my mother) went as part of a surprise trip for my mothers 60th Birthday from Dublin, Ireland. This trip was a long time in the planning and I must say regardless what was asked for, it was made possible.

Upon arrival we were made feel very welcome, informed of the activities in the Bryant Park across the road and informed of the hotels services. We were then shown to our rooms, 704 & 705, once again delighted with the rooms. Our room was nicely presented, huge bathrooms, BATH INCLUDED! Power shower, all the trimmings, molton brown products etc!

705 was even bigger, enough to fit in 2 queen beds, again a bathroom fit for a king! Complimentary NYC times each morning just added to the superb value for money!

Free W-lan in room and huge flatscreens just added to our delight!

The Hotels other services, guest, private dining, doormen etc all carry out their duties with effortless ease, its a pleasure to know you are being catered for without feeling like its too much trouble for anyone.

The Cellar Bar, is superb, the happy hour from 5-6pm each day is a welcome retreat from a long day shopping and a great way to have a chat and get ready for the night out! We were even treated to a firework show in the Cellar Bar one night when a group next to us was ordering bottles of Bubbly. The crackers, humus and olives are a nice addition to the drinks!

On thanksgiving night, the cellar bar was closed, however once again with The Bryant Park, our expectations were exceeded as the staff laid on a self service (yes I know!) bar in the lobby and didnt hold back on the choices! Well done again!

We found the hotel on tripadvisor and took a long time to make sure we chose the right one for my mothers birthday, a big thanks must go to Christopher Jevas, Eric (concierge), Robert (Front Office) and all the other staff, you made a special moment for us absolutely perfect!

What else? Well the hotel is big, but not big enough that the front desk staff didnt forget our names and always said hello, its location is perfect. Anytime we told our friends where we were staying, the first comment was "great location".

After staying in a few hotels in NYC, would I recommended The Bryant Park to anyone? Lets put it this way, on the 2nd night (stayed 4 nights) we were already planning on coming back next Christmas and wouldn't entertain any other hotel suggestion other the The Bryant Park.

Many thanks, the best hotel in NYC in my opinion!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Wow your review was amazing! I felt like I was reading an article from a professional travel magazine. I am so glad to hear that we helped to make your mothers 60th Birthday so memorable. You were a joy to have and we would love for you to come back. Please let me know if I can ever be of assistance. Have a wonderful Holiday and New Year! Darren Sumner
dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Saint Peters, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

The staff was courteous and helpful. The rooms were very clean and I loved the shower! The beds were very comfortable and one of our group even bought a pillow! It is centrally located right across the street from wonderful Byrant Park and walking distance to many attractions. Best thing about the hotel was it's location. What I liked least was the size of the rooms... a little small.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Being across from Bryant Park with the skating rink was great. We were close to Times Square and the theater district. We were able to walk to the theaters and restaurants.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope you come back soon. Happy Holidays! Darren Sumner dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2010

We recently stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel for four nights in mid October. The Bryant Park is a beautiful hotel in a great location. It has excellent service and everyone we encountered was very helpful. The rooms were big by NY standards, modern and clean. Soundproofing wasn’t great but we weren’t in our room all that much. Our room only had a partial view but not a big deal; we could still see part of Bryant Park.

The only glitch that caught us off guard was upon check-in on Thursday night we were asked to initial a rate increase. I had booked through the hotel website and confirmed a rate of $350 – $395 a night. We were the only people at the front desk and the first thing presented to us was a piece of paper asking to initial a different rate for each night we were there. It was $395 per night and the final night was $450. I was a little surprised at this but I did not bring my original print out of my confirmation with me so I didn’t argue the fact although I did question it. I was told that it was because they were at full capacity and it was high season and the manager needed me to initial. I’ve never encountered this before nor had I been to NYC before plus I was tired from traveling. I initialed and accepted the increase (although it bugged me a bit). My advice & I would tell everyone to always bring their original confirmation with them. The Bryant Park would have reimbursed me as I did phone after but I couldn’t produce my confirmation number. Lesson Learned. As a best practice I will always bring my print outs with me in future.

The staff at the hotel is very friendly and professional – a bit “she she la la” for us but we always felt comfortable and welcome. There is no coffee maker in the room but don’t worry… as soon as you exit to the left there is a fabulous bakery breakfast place and the coffee is outstanding. In fact if you exit to the right you will also find bakery’s deli’s and stores. NY is great for that!

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and every person we encountered was friendly and helpful.

This hotel is pricey, however, the location and the overall experience made it worth the expense. I would recommend this hotel and would consider staying here again. (With my printed confirmation!)

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

I travel frequently and have issues with some of the bedding in hotels. I slept great each and every night. The hotel has a great location to go along with great guest rooms.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2010

Absolutely a fantastic experience, the staff were extremely friendly & helpful , cannot wait to return.....................

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to The Bryant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!