There is no better word to describe this hotel, other than it's FANTASTIC.
Fantastic customer service experience, fantastic rooms, fantastic bathrooms, fantastic location... get the picture!
This is my second stay at The Bryant Park Hotel (previously stayed in Aug08) and there is no other hotel to reside at whilst in NYC. I booked through Magellan and received ... here's the word again... fantastic rates (thanks Stacey Leganchuk). I was in the deluxe park view queen which felt like I was in a private room and not a hotel, with so much natural sunlight and the refreshing view of the Bryant Park, which is lit with fairy lights at night.
The room is very modern with wood flooring, LCD flat screen wall mounted, desk with chairs and plenty of cupboard space (built in). The bathroom is to die for and something you wish for at home with travertine marble tiles, separate bath (spacious) and shower, and again it caters well for females with plenty of vanity space ;-). Whilst in the shower or washing your teeth at the basin, if you chose to have the blinds up you had views of Times Square. Where else does this happen?!
The housekeeping team need to be commended as it is absolutely spotless and cleaning was always of a consistently high standard. So good to come back to your room after being out all day and not feel like you had to sanitise it again (yes, I am a germ phobe!).
The Bryant Park is a well thought out and planned boutique hotel. I always felt safe with hotel staff member checking cards prior to accessing the lifts. The concierge team remembered my name from check in and would personally greet me by name. These little things that make up the bigger picture of an excellent and fantastic stay.
Didn't eat at the hotel, but turn left and walk 300 metres you have Pax deli(cnr of 40W and 6th Ave) Fantastic deli for breakfast as it is cheap, fresh and clean. Hot breakfast of omelette, potatoes and toast is $4.99 and coffee or juice is $3. Great value and it's tasty. Produce is fresh due to it being a busy deli and take a seat and watch the NY morning crowd rushing to work. For dinner it was often late to go to a restaurant and after being tourists all day we couldn't be bothered either, so we would often grab takeaways from The Bryant Deli. This place is 24/7 on the corner of 6th Ave and 37th - walking distance. Great place to buy soft drinks, water, alcohol and food variety is great - with hot foods, cold foods, salads made to order, fruit, sweets etc. Again produce is fresh as it was always busy even at 12.15am. Thanks to the hotel Concierge for introducing us to The Bryant Deli.
The Bryant Hotel is in a fantastic location and we only had to use a cab once during our six night stay. We walked everywhere as it is smack bang in the middle of manhattan. For a hotel that is in Midtown Manhattan, you wouldn't know it when you were in your room. So peaceful and tranquil and so well sound proofed. The hotel was at full occupancy during my stay (01 -07Aug) and never heard any noises or door slamming from neighbouring rooms, that's how well sound proofed it is.
Also, whilst at full occupancy staff and housekeeping were flawless. Calls and queries were answered promptly, housekeeping kept up the spotless cleaning and Concierge team never seem flustered or under the pump.
Save yourself a lot of heartache and don't bother with any other hotel in NYC - The Bryant Park is.... FANTASTIC.
Can't wait to return next year and stay again.
NadiaR - Perth Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bryant Park Hotel, NYC’s Fashion Address is nestled conveniently between 5th and 6th avenue across from the famous Bryant Park and a 5 minute walk to Times Square and 5th Ave shopping. Get a glimpse into the Cellar Bar, home to a number of fashion week parties and well known celebrity haunt. We are now offering free in room wired and wireless internet and Open Bar for all hotel guests, Mon – Fri from 5 –6pm. With casual elegance, pristine rooms, impeccable service and complimentary valet parking Friday and Saturday nights, The Bryant Park Hotel staff anxiously awaits your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, TravelClick, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Splendia, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Bryant Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bryant Park New York City
- Bryant Park Hotel New York