“Great Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bryant Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Bryant Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #6 of 451 hotels in New York City
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

Have stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel several times. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are huge. The service is exceptional - it is a "hip" hotel, but you will find no attitude from the employees, they are always polite and helpful. Don't miss out on having a drink in the cave-like bar - but go early unless you are in your 20's. You are an easy stroll to the shops on 5th Avenue as well as the theatre district.

2,022 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I had an exceptional time in New York on my visit and i give credit to Bryant Park Hotel for being part of my experience. The room I had was a very generous size by NY standards and it was comfortable. But what made the stay most pleasant was the helpfulness and friendliness of your team from the front desk, concierge to the cleaners. My special thanks to Eric who organised my dinner reservations at very short notice. We had done this over email before i left Sydney and he was extremely responsive even with the time difference. I would highly recommend this place.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Toluca Lake, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

I surprised my girlfriend by unexpectedly appearing in NYC (where she was on a trip with her family) to propose. I looked through TripAdvisor and decided to stay at the Bryant Park Hotel.

During the planning I contacted the guest services several times, and the Entertainment Coordinator, Eric. Everyone on the staff was tremendously helpful and accommodating and responses to my email inquires were responded to immediately.

I was set to arrive at 6am and propose at 11am. I called the hotel from LAX before boarding my plane to JFK, spoke to the person at the front desk (I forget her name, but I remember she had short red hair), and explained my situation. When I arrived, I mentioned my name, and was given a room right away, well before check-in. The front desk attendant even remembered why I was there, and was very excited for me and kept wishing me luck.

The room was wonderful, and exactly as expected. It was modern and sleek, yet very comfortable and warm. The room was extremely clean, and was meticulously set. Even though I was only on the 5th floor, the view was incredible. I had a great view of the park (directly across the street) and the NYC library building, and the huge windows filled the room with natural light. The location couldn't be better.

The front desk accommodated a surprise arrangement from my sister, again, with the help of Eric, and showered the room with rose petals and a big box of Crumbs cupcakes. The standard turn down service was also awesome, and included great chocolates and the sub blocking shades being drawn.

My only regret is that I didn't have a chance to spend time in the downstairs bar which looked awesome.

This hotel was an absolute bargain, especially considering how exceptional the room, service and location were. We look forward to returning to the hotel shortly.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2010

Excellent room with view of the park and also bustling midtown Manhattan. Large bathroom, comfortable bed, and well furnished. Housekeeping requests and problems were dealt with quickly and professionally. As always, early emails to make a reservation were responded to quickly (why do some hotels ignore email?)

Boulogne-Billancourt, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

We spent 3 nights at the Bryant Park Hotel and we actually did enjoy it very much: good service, great location, very quiet

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

It is centrally located, across from the charming Bryant Park and half block from Fifth Avenue. Subway stops are right there, too. Our room was clean, and the shampoo smelled very refreshing. However, the beds were okay, not luxurious, and the room was dark because the shade was closed due to an alleyway outside. The staff was very friendly and helpful, from the door men, to the front desk, to the concierge, to the bell boys. They made us feel welcome.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. We take your feedback very seriously and the next time you stay with us, you will see that your feedback paid off. I promise! Feel free to call me the next time you are in NY. Darren Sumner 212-642-2274
Amsterdam, Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

The hotel was okay. The staff were a bit odd: on checking in, we were greeted with "well check out the high rollers! Staying in a Bryant Park Suite!!". I get the check-in guy was being friendly, but you would not get this at The Mandarin Oriental. The room was nice, big and light. The furniture was very uninspiring: in particular the dining and coffee tables were very student accommodation-ey. Like other reviewers, we appreciated the huge bathroom. We did not appreciate the charge to use Wi-Fi - come on people, it's 2010: make it free, or go the whole hog, and have coin-operated TVs too. The event which characterises our stay most is the crowd at The Cellar Bar. As one of my New York friends put it: "this is the worst bridge and tunnel scene I have seen in Manhattan EVER'. There were girls in bunny ears; guys in pimp suits; and girls in hot-pants-in-butt-crack: not a good look. There appears to be no door policy, and the hotel is situated within moments of the Lincoln Tunnel and the Port Authority building: figure it out. Koi was lovely, but the descent from there after dinner to the bar was scary. Like other reviewers, the doormen were either absent or unhelpful.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bryant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!