“Great hotel in a great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

You added The Bryant Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Bryant Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #6 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Houston, Texas
“Great hotel in a great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

I had never stayed at this hotel before, but, I will certainly be back! Everyone I encountered was so helpful and friendly. The rooms were nice and the Molton Brown toiletries were ever so nice. I had a terrible cold and was talking to John at the front desk about it as he was giving me new keys to my room (I had de-magnitized them). The next thing I knew someone was knocking on my room door "with a small gift from the front desk"??? I opened the door to a room service delivery person holding a tray of hot water with a variety of tea bags. :=) - What a nice surprise and how thoughtful. Made my night.
Anyway, just an example of their attention to detail and how they go out of their way to make your stay memorable and personal. Thank you to all of the exmployees.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the park. Will say while it was very pretty, I think it was probably a bit...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you so much for giving us a 5! I am so glad that you were touched by John’s thoughtfulness. I am very fortunate to have him working with us and I can’t wait to show him your review. I hope you are feeling much better now and come back soon. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Fantastic location , comfy beds & quiet room & molton brown amenities .
No fridge , iron or coffee machine in the room , no artwork on the walls -made the room a little stark especially as the view was on to a brick wall & alley. ( some black & white photographs would have suited the style & made a difference )
Overall good because of the location .

Room Tip: Possibly try a high floor with a view for a brighter experience
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Hi Toastiehostie, thank you so much for your honest feedback. I am so sorry that we weren't what you expected. I completely understand that everyone has their own personal taste but it sounds like you enjoyed the hotel and services. We do have a mini bar in the room that we would gladly have emptied as a fridge. Regarding Irons, we like to provide the service of personally delivering the iron so that we can test it out before you use it. When the water sits too long in the iron it can damage your clothes. I have worked in several other hotels that had this problem. We consider ourselves a minimalistic hotel and we always recommend checking our website out before booking. I would love it if you would come back and this time I want you to experience a complimentary upgrade to a view of the park. Thank you for giving us a try and I hope to hear back from you. Darren Sumner; Director of Front Office and Guest Services. dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com (212 642 2274)
Lusaka, Zambia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

My wife and I recently spent four wonderful nights here, to celebrate our anniversary.....it was a very nice stay! From the great service at the door, the front desk service and the excellent and knowledgeable concierge, it was worth it. Oh,and let us not forget the location, location, location. It is directly across the street from Bryant Park and a very short walk to Times Square and Broadway. We had a front room with a view of the park, it was not noisy at all and so nice being able to see the park. I would highly recommend the Junior Suite on the front of the hotel. The room is appropriately understated, with clean lines and very comfortable. We were given a bottle of champagne and helium balloon on arrival in celebration of our anniversary, what a nice touch. The only minor issue is that the room service does not do a good job of replacing/refilling of soaps, seem to be trying to save them.
i would very highly recommend this hotel for anyone, especially couples!

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the park,and choose a Junior Suite.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Happy Anniversary and thank you so spending your special time with us! I really appreciate your praises and feedback. Our Doormen, Front Desk, Concierge and Housekeeping work so hard and it is so nice to see them receive such wonderful recognition. I am very happy to hear that you would recommend us and come back, it really means a lot to us. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Minimalist, fresh, great light and clean! Outdoor terrace a total bonus. But it is the staff who make this hotel shine with their prompt and friendly help. Thank you Darren and team for making two girl-friends glow with delight as we celebrated 30 years of friendship. We'll be back next year, if not sooner. In the meantime, just keep doing what you do so exceptionally well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
I was very touched by your review especially since your wrote about me :) I am behind the scenes a lot and your review means a lot to me. I am so glad that my team and I were able to help create some wonderful memories for such a special friendship trip. I can’t wait to welcome you back again. Darren
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Gorgeous, sleek, modern, clean hotel with large rooms for NYC standards. High ceilings continue that 'big' feel. Staff beyond courteous - shout out to Miguel and Jonathan and Sarah. Booking room with park view well worth the money spent. Got a complimentary upgrade to Junior Suite - WHOA! Bathroom had separate tub and shower, with large vanity area and extra counter by sink. Perfect for all the 'lady gear'. Summer weekends you get free valet parking, a $45 savings Location is perfect - close to Times Square without the insanity. Half block from subway station. Poked head into Cellar Bar Saturday night - noisy (but it's a bar, duh) but very chic and "happening". Was fun to by-pass the long line waiting to get in. Chocolates awaited us that evening in our room. It's the little things, like staff remembering your name, that makes the stay more inviting. Definitely will return.

Room Tip: spend the extra for the Bryant Park View!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
WOW! What a fantastic review and very enjoyable to read. Thank you so much for all of your praises especially regarding Miguel, John and Sarah. All three have been nominated for employee of the month, either way we can’t go wrong. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and all of the amenities. We can’t wait to welcome you back. Dsumner@bryantparhotel.com
Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for 3 nights at the Bryant Park Hotel in july 2014. This stay was simply perfect. A big thank's to Nikki who took care of us when we arrived at the hotel. Also, the concierge was helpful and found us a table to the Koi Restaurant for a lunch (and it was very busy!). So, yes the staff of this hotel is excellent and very customer oriented. The room was super clean with a nice modern touch. Finally, this hotel is really well located in midtown. For sure, this hotel will become our place to stay when we will go back to New York.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for giving us a 5 and for all of your praises. Nikki was so happy to see her name on the review; she is great at what she does and so deserving of the praises. I am glad you had time to experience Koi; I actually took my mom there for her Birthday last year and she loved it too. We can’t wait to welcome you back. Dsumner@bryantparhotel.com
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

It was a special birthday trip to New York for my wife and Bryant Park Hotel made it extra special. All the staff couldn't do enough for us and we're extremely helpful, I can't recommend this hotel enough, they thoroughly deserve a 5 star rating. They upgraded us to a Junior Suite overlooking the park which was totally unexpected and thoroughly appreciated. The complimentary happy hour in the bar was excellent and well appreciated by a Yorkshireman.

The hotel is conveniently locate for Times Square and other attractions which can be walked to.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room away from lifts.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Happy Birthday and thank you for celebrating it with us. I am so glad that we were able to help create some wonderful birthday memories. Thank you for all of your praises especially regarding the Cellar Bar staff. I hope you come back soon and maybe you will consider making us your special birthday spot. Best regards Darren, Dsumner@bryantparhotel.com

Been to The Bryant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!