“Excellent Customer Service in a great location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bryant Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Bryant Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #6 of 452 Hotels in New York City
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Excellent Customer Service in a great location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed at Bryant Park Hotel saturday in a junior king suite. I was extremely impressed with the customer service that I received here. Nikki at the front desk was very pleasant and got me the suite on early checkin. Jenn the concierge was also very pleasant and gave me some great suggestions on nightclubs to visit and souvenirs to buy. As for the room itself, the bed was ultra comfy. What I really liked was the shower. It had very strong water pressure which in my world travels has been a rare thing. Some business associates came by and we hit up the hotel's nightclub called Cellar Bar before hitting the town. The music was great and it was super easy getting in but it was really crowded and hard to get drinks (basically everywhere in NYC on a Sat night). As for the location, there's some good, cheap restaurants on the same block and the metro stop is close by. Times Square is a few minutes walk away. The wifi was super easy to get into (no password needed) and was fast/reliable. I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in NYC!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you for giving us a 5 and for your praises regarding Nikki and Jennifer, I couldn’t wait to show them your review. The Cellar Bar staff was also very happy to see that they were mentioned. It sounds like you had a great time in NY and I am glad that we were able to help create some wonderful memories. I hope during your next visit to NY you will stay with us again. Enjoy, dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (417)
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

The Bryant Park Hotel overlooks the park and is a couple of blocks away from Time Square, making it a wonderfully central place to explore New York. Staff were friendly, and the happy hour of free drinks for guests every Friday from 5-6pm was a welcome surprise and a nice touch.

We went with the deluxe room with city view and really could not believe our luck. Whilst the room was beautiful minimalistic and clean, the balcony view overlooking the park and skyscrapers pushed the whole experience into a different league, especially when taking into account the reasonable price per night. Fittings in the room were good quality, although there did appear to be a bit of a drainage problem with both the toilet and the bath. Molton Brown products went down well, and highlighted the attention to detail and luxury market the hotel caters towards.

This hotel would definitely be one of, if not our top choice when we come to New York again. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Plump for a room with a balcony - you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
So glad you enjoyed the balcony, we have just a few of them but I agree they are amazing! Thank you for giving us a 5 and for your great praises about the staff. It sounds like you had a great stay and even took advantage of the complimentary open bar. My apologies for the drainage issue, I am happy to hear that it did not have a negative impact on your stay. Please let me know when you are returning, we would love to have you back. dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Smoothly professional staff from front desk to security, with quiet sleek modern design room with full amenities, incredible view overlooking Bryant Park - not requested but much appreciated, and free valet parking - unheard of in NYC. Repeat visits have all been fantastic. Great location, the rare retreat in a crazy busy town.

Room Tip: Ask to face the park.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for giving us a 5 and for your continued loyalty! The park views are amazing and it’s nice to have a hotel so close to Times Square but without the hustle and bustle. We are still offering free weekend parking until further notice so I hope you continue to take advantage of it. Looking forward to your next stay! dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
U.K
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

We stayed here in March 2014 for a few days. The location is great, opposite the grand library, near metro stations, near coffee shops for breakfast (either down the street or near Times Square, which is a few mins walk away) and places to eat (oh and shopping).

The receptionists were extra friendly and helpful with tips on where to eat etc. The hotel has great security and helpful bellmen.

The room itself is of an good size, only negative is the bathroom was right next to the bed. Unfortunately, we didnt have a great view (one of the opposite building), but not too much of a negative. No noise from other rooms, lift worked well, bathroom was a good size and shower was adequate.

Overall, a good located hotel, not too busy so that allows a more personalised touch. Staff are very friendly and the room is a good size for NYC. Would recommend.

Room Tip: One with a view of Bryant Park.
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights with my wife on our last part of our honeymoon which also included me doing the NYC Half Marathon and I couldn't ask for a better place to stay.

Location - It was excellent. A few steps away from a subway. A short stroll to Times Square, Empire State Building and shops on 5th AV.

Staff - I have stayed in many hotels but the staff here went above and beyond to make the stay special. Every member of staff I talked to were so friendly and helpful and never once they it feel like you were troubling them. The door man knew our name which made us feel special, it must be hard to remember everyone's name. They really did make the stay wonderful

Room - The room was perfect. We had a lovely view of Bryant Park and had everything you needed. The bed was very comfortable and I had great night sleep.

Hotel Facilitates - I was amazed when were were told there was a free bar from 5 to 6 while there. Of course I was only on water but my wife enjoyed a couple of drinks.

I would definitely come back here next time I'm in NYC. Thank you for making our stay in NYC perfect and recognizing it was our Honeymoon. It really made the weekend.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

I can honestly say the Bryant Park Hotel was by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in. What makes it so great? Well the location was fantastic, the room was clean, the toiletries were nice... But what really made our stay was the staff. Every single one (I would name them all if I could) were friendly and attentive.

The rooms are great, high ceilings with a large square footage for being in such a great location. The bed was clean and comfortable with just the right amount of pillows. Shower had great water pressure and was nice and hot.

If I had to give one criticism, I would say the room service menu isn't 5* standard. Everything was just "ok". I would have expected something a bit better.

I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone and everyone going to NYC. Especially if you are a young couple looking for a romantic spot. Oh -and they offer free drinks M-F for an hour for guests.

Top class hotel, top class staff. I will be coming back.

Room Tip: We had a room facing Bryant Park which was nice during the day but if you want something quiet and d...

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I was upgraded to a junior suite, so I can't comment on the regular rooms. Really nice room - I wish I had had more time in it. I loved the window benches where I could sit and work on my laptop overlooking Bryant Park. The tub and shower were great in the huge bathroom. Bed was comfortable. Room was pretty quiet. Staff was very very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Thank you so much for giving us a 5 star review! I am very happy to hear that you had a great stay and enjoyed the room and staff friendliness. I hope during your next visit to NY you stay with us again! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Been to The Bryant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!