“wedding, anniversary, traditions made” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

You added The Bryant Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Bryant Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #7 of 457 Hotels in New York City
Bronxville, New York
“wedding, anniversary, traditions made”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

So good that I have to make sure you get this review.

I wrote one before, but I am not sure it posted -- my computer is kind of screwy.

My husband and I were married there in the gothic styled Cellar Bar 1/2012. We returned 1/13 throwing a small get together with some close friends and family. You wouldn't necessarily expect a warm country-inn feeling from the staff of such a posh, upscale Manhattan hotel, but indeed you do. From the Luis at the front door, to Nicole behindt the front desk, to Jaime and Juan tending the Cellar Bar, sincere smiles abound. I credit Darren and Esther for managing the front desk and bar respectively as they do! I can't recommend the Bryant Park Hotel enough. Maybe I will see you there next January when we through our second anniversary party!

Room Tip: spring for a park view
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
We were so happy to have you back for your 1 year Anniversary. Thank you so much for your kind words about Luis, Nicole, Jaime, Juan, Esther and me. I made sure to share your review with everyone so that they can see that they had such a positive impact on your stay. I hope you make this a yearly tradition. Thank you again, Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This hotel gets high marks for it's service.

It seemed to get everything right on those items most important to a business traveler. The check-in process was quick and easy; I was placed in a quiet room -- most hotels seem to bungle this requiring a change of rooms -- free wifi for all devices; quick and efficient check out.
This made the stay easy because it allowed me to focus on business rather than the friction that occurs at so many hotels.

The hotel reinforced it's mission of hospitality by including small details, while not necessary, certainly appreciated. Molton-Brown toiletries; plenty of thick, white and very large bath towels; easy to use lights in the room; turndown service with slippers and dark chocolate; easy to find hair dryer and the room itself was spotlessly clean.

It was a pleasure staying here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Thank you so much for giving us such high marks! I am thrilled that you enjoyed all the amenities as well as the service. We are very lucky to have a great team that really enjoys providing exceptional service. We look forward to welcoming you back again some day. Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Nicole was lovely & arranged cakes & ballon for husbands 50th birthday - thank you
All staff were friendly yet professional
There was noise from the park opposite at night (due to erection of a temporary entertainment venue ). & my husband had trouble sleeping

• Stayed January 2014
Happy 50th Birthday and thank you for spending it with us! I am glad you enjoyed the birthday goodies that Nicole sent you. I am so sorry about the noise level in the park; I wish we had control over that. Normally the park is very quiet, but this year it became the hub for the Super Bowl so I can empathize with you. During the spring and summer, the lawn is beautiful and is a great spot to have a nice picnic. Please reach out to me the next time you plan on returning to NY. Thank you again! Darren; dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Philadelphia, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I chose to stay at The Bryant Park Hotel for our annual trip up to NYC to celebrate my husband's birthday. The reviews sounded wonderful and the location was right- easy to access both the East and West sides and close enough to The Theatre District. I felt as though the price was amazing compared to similarly rated hotels.

We arrived very early (about 10:30 AM) on Saturday morning, with the hopes to check our bags, get brunch and explore until check-in. The valet, Steven, greeted us with a smile and helped us with our bags. We walked inside and were immediately greeted at the front desk by Miguel who said that our room was ready and we could check in. Check in took just a few minutes and we were directed to Sarah at the concierge desk for brunch recommendations. She was very friendly and asked for our preferred time. We went up to our room and she sent a hand written list of suggestions up to the room with her favorites starred. She called the room to give a detailed description of the locations.

We were very impressed by the our room #1505. It had a gorgeous view of the ice skating rink at Bryant Park. It also had an enormous bathroom by NYC standards with a tub fit for two and a great stand up shower with duel shower heads. The Molton Brown bath products added another bonus. We enjoyed lounging in our robes, slippers and ended up ordering brunch to the room with a bottle of champagne.

We left for a pre-theatre dinner at about 5:30 and were greeted by name by every employee that we saw. It was a very nice, personalized touch and a welcoming feeling. Even though the hotel was top-notch, there was never a pretentious feeling.

Upon our return for the evening, we arrived at our room to find a birthday balloon, two delicious Crumbs cupcakes, and a hand written card from the Assistant Director of the Front Office Nicole. They were incredibly delicious and made us feel so special and appreciated.

Upon check out the next morning, we were greeted with a smile by Miguel at the front desk. He asked if he could help us in anyway and how our evening was. We left our bags and went out to explore for the day. We called ahead to make sure our car was ready when we arrived back. Steven greeted us at the door and he and John helped us with our bags. They told us that they hoped that we return on our next stay... and we will! I cannot imagine staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room with a view of the park.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
WOW! We were all very taken back by your amazing review. I am so glad that we were able to enhance your Birthday stay! Thank you for remembering all of our names. I couldn’t wait to show your review to Nicole, Sarah, Miguel, Steven and John. They were all touched by your thoughtful praises and we all hope you come back soon. If I can ever be of assistance please do not hesitate to call upon me. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

We chose the Bryant Park Hotel based on a recommendation from friends and the reviews on this site. The location is excellent, the rooms modern and comfortable, but it was the service that was really extraordinary. Truly, every staff member we encountered helped ensure that our stay was great. I can't imagine ever choosing another hotel in NYC - we will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for giving us a 5 and for your wonderful praises. I am so glad that you had a great stay and will be back again. If I can ever be of assistance please let me know. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I just spent the weekend in New York. The Bryant Park Hotel was great. It has a superior lacation for theater and shopping. The room was claen and modern and amazingly quiet. The staff was friendly and very helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel. We plan to stay there again soon.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for giving us a 5! I am so glad to hear that you and your wife had a great time. I also appreciate your praises regarding Housekeeping, they work so hard and it is so nice to see them get recognized. I hope you come back soon! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Had another wonderful stay at Bryant Park Hotel for a birthday getaway, special thanks to Nicole, who has arranged some very sweet personal touches in the room. Again, great location (minutes-walk to Fifth Avenue, Times Square, subway station just around the corner), right across the beautiful Bryant Park, clean and spacious rooms and friendly staff. You'd feel warm, comfortable and welcome here while you're away from home!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Thank you for giving us a 5! I am so glad that we were able to make your Birthday extra special. I promise to share your praises with Nicole. I also appreciate your kind comments regarding Housekeeping, they work so hard and it is so nice to see them get recognized. I hope you come back soon, we would love to have you back! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Been to The Bryant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!