“City treat!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

You added The Bryant Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Bryant Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #6 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Lawrence, New York
“City treat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel for a birthday celebration for my husband. What a treat to stay at this hotel.He received birthday greetings from everyone!Later in the day a knock on the door was a delivery of a balloon and two yummy Crumbs Bakery cupcakes!! OMG! Besides these special treats, what made a stay at The Bryant Park amazing was the size of the room-the bathroom with a tub and a shower and everything was immaculately clean! Nicole at the front desk was darling-she was my instant friend. The concierge eagerly took care of several details for us, allowing us time to go around town. The young men in the lobby were super helpful. Thank you for a great week-end -Can't wait to come back in the Spring for my birthday!!

Room Tip: A room facing the front of the hotel is great overlooking the park.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
wrexham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a week during the New Year celebrations. Great location. Helpful staff. Happy hour free drinks in the bar. 2 housekeeping visits per day. Nice clean bathroom and a comfortable bed. Thumbs up.

• Stayed December 2013
Nuneaton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stayed here on business during one of the coldest weeks in NYC and would have loved to got back to my room after a day in the office and been able to have a drink of tea or coffee but there are no tea/coffee making facilities . Even water is chargeable from the mini bar ... A boutique hotel with excellent bathroom facilities but strangely offer a Pleasure Chest service with sex toys available for purchase and a sample selection of same could be purchased from the mini bar. If that wasn't strange enough when I finally plucked up the courage as a woman travelling on my own to visit the cellar bar to get a drink, thud waitresses and staff were dressed like Miss Whiplash and I did start to have doubts as to what sort of establishment I had booked into. I used room service off breakfast and found if to be expensive not only for the food ($17 for 2 boiled eggs!!) they also charged a %service charge and $4 delivery charge. On the plus side it was always delivered in my chosen time
slot. I ate in the Japanese restaurant only once having been seated at the Sushi Bar because I was eating alone.( so as not to occupy a table I suspect) it was a busy restaurant and the food was good but I did feel that I was treated a little bit 'second class' by being seated out of the way at the end of the sushi bar even though I didn't want to eat sushi.

Make sure you check your bill at the end of your stay ,, I had mini bar purchase added that I hadn't bought .. it was only a Sprite for $6 but if that happens to every customer it displays a level of dishonesty on someone's part.

Excellent location though opposite Bryant park and a short walk to Macy's, Madison square Gardens, Times Square and Grand Central Station.

• Stayed January 2014
Weehawken, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed here on an overnight visit and not want to leave.From the first moment we arrived until we left it was as good as it gets. We stayed in a junior suite which was ample size and very clean.Complimentary wireless was an added bonus and we were high enough up to not be disturbed by the outside noise.
It was a quick walk from the theater we attended and beautiful view of the tree and Christmas lights
The best thing however was the staff as they accommodated our every whim. Will definitely be returning .

Stayed November 2013
Greenock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed in a junior suite on the 16th floor for 4 nights in early December and loved everything about this hotel. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and we found a lovely card and bottle of prosecco in our room on the first night - a wonderful surprise, such a lovely touch. It's things like this that set this hotel apart from others we have stayed in. I contacted the management before our stay and was delighted that all our requests for a high floor, quiet room were met. We also had a great view over the park with the gorgeous Christmas tree and market. Couldn't recommend this hotel enough, if we are lucky enough to return to NYC we will definitely return to the Bryant Park hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

I've stayed in a few hotels in NYC over the past few years and the Bryant Park Hotel was one of the best experiences I've had. My boyfriend and I stayed one night, two days during Christmastime, we had a second floor room overlooking Bryant Park and the view of the Tree was perfect! The entire place was spotless, the restaurant was amazing, the service was impeccable, namely: Scott (aka room tour-guide), Sara (concierge desk) and Steve (valet, aka Steve-O!). The entire hotel staff was extremely attentive and beyond pleasant to interact with! We're booking another visit for this summer...we can't wait!!!

Room Tip: Second and third floor rooms have huge windows that were original to the building when built, they...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bedfordview, Gauteng, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed at the Bryant Hotel in a Jnr Suite from 28/12 until 03/01, our room had a lovely view of the park and the winter market and ice rink, very magical.Our check in was very professional as we had just come up from Soho we were early and our room was not ready as we had thought, the whole process of checking our bags etc was handled efficiently and we were very relaxed to leave everything and return later. The room was very spacious, clean ( I am very fussy in this regards)and comfortable, bathroom was laid out well with my favourite Molton Brown , not really big enough for more than one person at a time.It was nice to have the extra space with the seating area etc, after being away from home for over a week it was a luxury to have some space to spread into to.The room had all the amenties you could expect, the one downside was no coffee making facilities , we ordered most evenings from room service which was really efficient I do not think we ever waited longer than 5 mins. The staff were friendly.Free Wi Fi was a boom as it helped me recheck and adjust our planning each day before heading out. The location was excellent and easily accessible to Times Square etc but without all the crowds. We did not need an alarm clock as the ice rink started up their music like clockwork at 8am every morning incuding the 1st Jan, we loved the atmosphere this created with the view of the markets, and tree.I would recommend this hotel and probably would have rated it higher if our first hotel had not been so exceptional regarding service and overall customer service. The only negative was on our departure we were concerned with the bad weather if we would be able to reach JFK early the next morning to catch our flight despite numerous calls to the reception they responded in a rather blase manner to my husbands concerns assuring him that despite the heavy snow this would not be a problem , they were unable to secure a taxi for us after we stood waiting for 30 mins and a call to a car service was unsuccessful and no one offered to assist us further. We were prepared to take the subway but were concerned about the number of changes with all our luggage however luckily one young lady came on duty just as we were about to leave and very competently explained a route to us with all the stops and we were able to get on our way.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bryant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!