“Wonderful staff and location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

You added The Bryant Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Bryant Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #7 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Montreal, Canada
“Wonderful staff and location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

This hotel is very contemporary and high class. The location is great and walking distance to the metro and shops. The check in and out were very easy and the staff/valet were very helpful in recommending restaurants and things to see/do.

The rooms are very nice but the sleep quality wasn't the best...beds are very comfy but my neighbors woke me on several occasions. Walls are a bit thin.

The hotel and the restaurant here are a bit pricey. I was here on business so it was not my dime.... but I would stay here again because having traveled alone, I felt really safe in this area. I walked the park across the street and all around. It's a great location and worth the money!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
Aarau, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The location ist great and hard to beat, if you want to stay in the middle of everything. The staff ist very friendly and obviously very well trained. Free wifi is available.

I had room 502, which was a little noisy. I guess, there is a power generator or something like this riht outside tis room. The TV didnt work properly, some channels were blurry.

The day of my arrival, the seemed to have forgotten to clean my bathroom propperly. There was some unwanted leftbehinds from the former guest arround the toilet. This shouldnt happen in such an expensive hotel.

Overall a cool hotel, that benefits most from its location and the great employees.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel, located right next to Bryant park, with its summer movie showings and winter ice skating, is great. The building is beautiful, the staff is very friendly, the hotel is clean and spacious. The location is ideal, a block away from Times Square. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I recently stayed at the Bryant Park hotel with my girlfriend over the festive holidays for 7 nights. The hotel was by far one of the best all round hotels I have had the pleasure of staying in.

Special mentions to Eric, Sarah and Jessica who made my stay even more special.

Would highly recommend.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

As a frequent traveller of both business and leisure, I have pretty set standards when it comes to accommodation, service and value for money. Bryant Park Hotel surpasses all these. It is one of the very best hotels I've ever stayed at...anywhere. I am pleased by the little things that they do to make the entire trip away from home that much smoother.

From the time I made my reservation, to the time I got into my hire car bound for the airport, Bryant Park Hotel, willingly and courteously tended to all my queries and needs.

Chase checked me in and was incredibly patient and accommodating as my cards had limits placed on them for international travel security.

My stay was for quite a few days and I couldn't have asked for a better room (a view would have been nice but I didn't book one, but even without one it was still had a spacious view out the window). The beds are one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. Spacious rooms are rare, but Bryant Park Hotel's rooms felt roomy and ample in size. They have large windows that let plenty of light in. Milton Brown products were luxury and a simple but classy touch.

Room service was excellent. I like that they give you an approximation of when your items will be delivered. Means I never get caught unaware. Housekeeping was detailed and consistent. Turn down service is a great touch as is the sweet popcorn gift I received!! She even offered to service my room late into the evening because I had the privacy light on all day due to recovering from jet-lag! Wonderfully sweet!

The hotel itself is very well situated: between 5th and 6th avenue...a hop and a step from time square, a stones throw from Rockefeller, grand central and all the important stuff . There's even the 42 subway stop just around the corner. As I hunted for all of these locations I was continuously surprised by how easy it was to get to them. And I truly recommend it; if you can walk it, you really should as three are plenty of gems tucked away that are beyond doubt worth seeing.

I loved my stay so much I have told everyone in know both in New York and beyond my travels that this is the place to stay if they can get it.

I loved my stay in NY so much. I am sure the hotel played a huge role in that fact.

I intend to return to NY around the same time next year, and intend to stay again at The Bryant Park Hotel. Hope they'll welcome me back with as many compliments and smiles as they had for me in 2013.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

manchester, england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

We have just returned from the Bryant park which was our second visit. Absolutely love the hotel, the staff are amazing, especially reception and Miguel. It was my birthday and I was sent a balloon and bottle of bubbly!

Can't do enough for you and I would recommend a visit! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Waipahu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

From our arrival on Christmas morning to our departure three days later, the staff at The Bryant Park Hotel made us feel welcomed and taken care of. All of the staff we encountered were friendly, helpful, and professional - from the efficient front desk staff, to the waiter who carried our room service breakfast in (no cart), to the doorman/concierge who helped us call a cab. They all introduced themselves by name (and I feel so bad for not remembering all of them) and genuinely asked if there was anything else they could help us with. Little touches like calling to see if we wanted our room serviced (because our privacy light was on) were also nice. Yes, the room is on the smaller size (seems normal for New York) but it was clean and we did not feel cramped. The bathroom was good sized - had both a fairly large shower and a soaker tub. Wifi was free! The location is fantastic - an easy walk to Times Square, right across the street from Bryant Park, very convenient to the B,D,F,M lines (exit at the end of the block) and other lines (1,2,3,7,N,Q,R) via Times Square & Grand Central (4,5,6 lines). This was our second trip to New York and while we really liked the hotel we stayed at the last time (it was ranked in the TA top five but has since fallen to the top fifteen), we LOVED our stay at the Bryant Park. Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bryant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!