“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bryant Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Bryant Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #6 of 451 hotels in New York City
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

My partner and I recently stayed at the Bryant Park hotel on a surprise trip to New York to celebrate his 50th birthday. I chose the hotel largely on the basis of the reviews I'd read.
We weren't disappointed! From the moment we arrived the staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable and memorable. We were given an upgrade to a fantastic suite on the 21st floor with views over the park, and there were even cupcakes waiting for us with candles to help celebrate his birthday. We ate in the Koi restaurant that first evening, and both had really lovely meals.
The hotel is in a wonderful convenient location, really central, and just a few minutes walk from Times Square, but even with the windows open we didn't find it unduly noisy. The building itself is beautiful and has been very tastefully converted into a hotel.
I had been to New York several times in the past, but have never before found such a remarkable hotel with such lovely attentive staff. Our five nights there made our trip extra special.
(I accidentally clicked on the Swimming Pool review below, and can't seem to unselect it!)

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a park view, go for it!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

2,026 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (383)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Stayed here for one night last week, on a business trip, and really the experience was great.

Location for me it´s perfect because the company I work for, is literally across the street, on the other side of the park. Room is big, perfectly clean, with fantastic big windows and a great view to the park. Service and staff very friendly, and for my (positive) surprise, was almost the first time in the US, in a hotel in the US, where I had the perception that when you ask for something, people are waiting for a tip. I will never get used to the "tip culture" in the US, and usually I give tips when the service is perfect, and here, in this place, you never feel the pressure to give tip.

On thing which could make things perfect: a coffee machine in the room, but anyway, can fully recommend the hotel, and I would not doubt to stay here again in my next trip

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed 5 nights here with my wife. Very helpful and friendly staff at a smaller hotel. Room was good - comfortable king-size bed with nice bathroom. Location is very central with good subway and walking connections to most places.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I have been to this hotel a few times over the past five years. My last visit was for my birthday. The Concierge (Felix) upgraded my room and even left cupcakes and a balloon for my birthday. The entire four days were very memorable - the bar is great, the restaurant next door was excellent, front desk staff, housekeeping, etc. You name it -- they did it! Bravo and I'll see you in 2014!

Room Tip: Higher floors are better in NYC
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

My wife & I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Bryant Park Hotel. We moved from a Chelsea area hotel that wasn't quite working for us and Room 2204 was just the remedy.

We had a suite, with a separate shower and tub and a half bath for guests in the living area - very nice. Interestingly, the corner of the room was the bathroom, so you had these incredible views out two sides in the bathroom - kinda weird and we kept the coverings down most of the time, but it was a cool experience. Outstanding shower. Everything is functional, service was great, location (for us) was really great. Bryant Park had the skating rink going, so that added to our view. While pricey (what isn't in NYC?), the sushi room service was a definite treat.

I go to NYC every year for work and my wife tags along - I usually like to stay someplace different every time, trying different neighborhoods, etc. However, I think I may have found my go-to property.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Boston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

My husband and I stayed for a week in a room overlooking Bryant Park surrounded by midtown buildings and glimpses of Times Square signs. The bathroom was large and well-equipped -- especially for NYC! -- and both the room and bath has plenty of storage space.

The room was stylish as well as clean; the service was good. The hotel attracts a young clientele but my husband and I, both in our 60s, were more than comfortable and will return.

Room Tip: Ask for a park view.
Kings Park, New Yorl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The Bryant Park Hotel is an amazing experience. The service is top notch. The rooms are beautiful and very spacious for NYC. It overlooks Bryant Park so ask for a room on that side. From November to March there is an ice skating rink with little shops that is so pretty to look at from your room--not to mention that it's a great way to spend the afternoon or evening. You just can't go wrong with this hotel. 5 minutes from Times Square, Broadway, and shopping! Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the park.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Bryant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!