“Perfect hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bryant Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Bryant Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #6 of 452 hotels in New York City
AK
“Perfect hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in September with my husband.

The location for us was PERFECT. A subway station just a few hundred feet from hotel, walking distance to Rockefeller Center, Times Square.

We were warmly greeted when checking in. Got to our king sized bedroom and were happily suprised that Chase at the front desk arranged for a sparkling wine on ice and happy anniversary balloon awaited us! I had mentioned in our reservation that we were celebrating our anniversary.

Our room didnt have a view, just of the building next to us that was under repairs. I had to keep the blinds shut if it was during the day and I was dressing, as there were guys right out the window working.

Room was clean, bathroom was large and clean. Great smelling bath products, nice towels and bathrobes.

Our first night was a Friday, so we enjoyed complimentary open bar in the basement lounge. This was great and was such a nice perk after our 12 hours of traveling that day. Cant remember the bartenders name, but he made me 2 great drinks!

We used the concierge one time (cant remember her name) to recommend an Italian restuarant and make reservations. Restaurant was great!

The doorman Mo was very helpful and always smiling! He helped flag down cabs and opened the door for us always.

On check out, we were heading to another hotel in NYC (sad we had to leave), and the bellman held my suitcase while I toured the city for a few hours. When I came back, they gave me a bottle of water and asked if I needed to use the facilities. While this may not seem like much, to me, its the little things like this that make this hotel top notch.

My only issues I had were not having a coffee maker in our room or in the lobby. Also, some of the outlets in the room were too loose to hold my phone charger.

I must say, all the staff were very friendly, helpful and informed. I highly recommend The Bryant Park Hotel! If I'm ever back in NYC, I will definately be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for giving us a 5 and for such an amazing review. You recognized lot's of our staff and they were so happy to see that they had such a wonderful impact on your stay. Chase, Mo, Housekeeping, Cellar Bar and Concierge especially. I am sure the readers will also appreciate the time you put into your review. I hope you come back soon, Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

2,023 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

We chose the hotel after reading the good reviews and deciding we liked the location. Having not been back to NY for so long, I didn't realise the location was even better than we anticipated ! Right on Bryant Park, the hotel is walking distance to most attractions in midtown Manhattan and all the shopping on 5th Avenue. It is only about 5 min to Times Square, 10 min to Rockefeller Plaza and 15 min to MoMA. You can even walk up to Central Park if you feel particularly energetic though the subway is right outside the hotel.

The subway is excellent and I encourage visitors to use it to get around - cheap too as you can buy unlimited travel cards. We went for the US Open Tennis and the 7 train goes straight from the hotel to Flushing Meadows in about 30 min.

The suite we stayed in was nicely sized for a city hotel with great views of the park. Being NY, you have to expect some city noise despite being 21 floors up although to be honest, there was more noise at night from the neighboring room :)

We were celebrating my wife's birthday and the hotel arranged a cake and balloons which was a nice touch. I was impressed that the concierge actually emailed me before the trip to ask if they could arrange anything or if it was a special celebration. Service was faultless throughout the stay although the room could be improved by installing a kettle so you can make your own hot drinks. Was very odd that I had to keep asking for flasks of hot water from room service - unless its a scheme for the staff to make more tips !

Breakfast in the restaurant is only passable though - I had a few breakfast meetings while there and on each occasion, service was slow and orders were mixed up. There's also limited choices of food - I suggest going to the deli just up the street (they open at 7am) where there's plenty of choices for hot food and drinks. Overall, 5 stars for the location and service, minus half for the poor breakfast. I would come back again without hesitation

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for such a thorough overview of your stay, I am sure the readers will find your review very helpful. I really appreciate your honest feedback and the time you put into your review. Thank you for the 5 star rating as well and for recognizing the staff. I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We’ve stayed at many quality hotels around the world and have to write that our stay at the Bryant Park Hotel was one of the very best. Since I was unable to fly, we decided to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary in town. Initially we choose the hotel for its location (Bryant Park is our place to enjoy relaxing outside in the city). The room was immaculately clean, with a very ‘Zen like’ atmosphere. The bathroom offered an amazingly large tub and was the first hotel shower that my 6’5” husband enjoyed due a shower-head that was far over his head along with its large size.

As much as the enjoyed the hotel, the true reason we would recommend the hotel to others, is the outstanding staff. Every staff member we encountered was professional and charming -- a term I rarely get to use these days. They made our time there a pleasure at every turn.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the views from our corner suite.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for giving us a 5! Happy Anniversary once again! I am so happy to hear that you had such a great stay with us. I am also very tall and can appreciate your positive feedback regarding the shower head. Your comments about the staff put a smile on everyone's faces. I hope to see you back with us soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Firstly, staff were superb.Before holiday I thought they may be a bit too cool for school,but no,they were friendly,efficient and helpful.Our room was spotless and stylishly decorated and well sized for this city.literally double the size of paramount and Hudson standard rooms from previous visits.beautiful bryant park on your doorstep for chilling out and the subway just 50 yards away makes this a fantastic choice of hotel.would come back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for giving us a 5!! I also greatly appreciate your wonderful praises regarding our Housekeeping Department, they work the hardest and it is nice to see them get recognized. Looking forward to welcoming you back. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This was my first stay at the Bryant Park but definitely won't be my last.
The staff and the services were outstanding. The location is perfect for Broadway shows and the parking is free on Friday and Saturday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I am so glad that you had a great stay! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. It really means a lot to us. hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

The staff were amazing and so helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and had some lovely personal touches, particularly for a hotel with so many guests. Sarah made some gem restaurant recommendations, a great plus point for a hotel. Luxury feel to the rooms and very comfortable. No noise despite being in such a central location. Right next to the lovely Bryant Park itself. Overall could not recommend this hotel highly enough for an all round New York stay. You would struggle to find anywhere better.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for giving us a 5! I am so glad that Sarah took such great care of you, we are very lucky to have her on our team. I hope you come back soon and if I can ever be of assistance please call upon me. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Everything about our stay at the Bryant Park Hotel was excellent, including the large (for NYC) and clean room and bathroom, the lovely view of the park and the very popular Cellar Bar. But the staff really stood out. Here's an example: I emailed the hotel to let them know that I was bringing my wife to NYC for her birthday in February. There was a terrible snow storm, and our flight - and entire trip - got cancelled. I recently booked a "make-up" trip for this weekend. When we arrived in our room, we were greeted by cupcakes, a balloon and a "Happy Birthday" note from the staff, all based on their notes from the original trip I had scheduled in February! Every member of the staff was polite, courteous, smiling, and they even remembered our names! DETAILS! We've stayed in close to a dozen hotels in NYC and I can honestly say that the people at The Bryant Park truly do make the difference!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

WOW what an amazing review! Thank you so much for giving us a 5. I am glad your "make up trip" made up for the one that you missed. I am glad that you enjoyed the room and all the perks of staying with us. I want to thank you also for mentioning our Housekeeping Department, they work so hard and it is so nice to see them get recognized. I hope you come back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Been to The Bryant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!