“You'll Feel A Part Of It ....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bryant Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Bryant Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Announcement
Weekend Specials
Ranked #6 of 454 Hotels in New York City
Reading, United Kingdom
“You'll Feel A Part Of It ....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here twice - Jan and Feb 2013.

Location is great - very central. Close to Times Square and NY Penn station.

Sushi restraint is great. Bar downstairs very NY cool - if you're into that sort of thing.

Rooms good size and very bright. Staff make is special. Everyone from the door man to receptionist remembered me on return and said "welcome back". That means something.

Would recommend. It's not cheap but quality hotels in this part of the world never are.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
Columbia, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

When I began planning a trip for my boyfriend and I to NYC, I knew that the Bryant Park Hotel was near the top of my list of hotels that I wanted to look into. After reading tons of reviews on here, and pricing hotels, I decided that I was going to see what all of the praise was all about! Steven and I had never been on a real vacation before, so I wanted to make sure it was special.

We booked a deluxe queen, and the next day were greeted by a welcome e-mail from Felix. First, I don't think I've ever stayed somewhere where the service starts immediately after you book a room. I mentioned to Felix that I'd love to have an upgrade if available. There was an upgrade to a queen with a view, so we booked that. Being very tall, a queen bed is pretty tight for me, and upon arrival we were upgraded to a Jr. Suite with a king bed overlooking the park!! We were also celebrating our anniversary that had recently passed, and shortly after we were in the room were greeted with a bottle of Prosecco and balloons. Right before we headed out to see the city, Felix called our room and asked if we'd be interested in upgrading to a terrace suite! Of course, we said yes, and when we returned all of our things had been moved to a terrace suite on the 19th floor - corner room, with windows in the bathroom even. It was AMAZING. We enjoyed breakfasts on the terrace and looking at the city lights at night. Felix made sure that he took care of us, and we were thrilled with his hospitality.

I can't say enough about the room. While minimalistic in decor and lots of white - it was spacious, well laid out, and had tons of huge windows. The bed was extremely comfortable, which helped with our sleeping in until 10 every day! The rainfall shower was probably the best shower I've ever used. The soaking tub was really nice, too. I was able to squeeze in a bubble bath while looking out into the city one afternoon. Closet space was great, and we used the mini fridge to hold a couple of desserts for some late night snacks! The terrace was a great extra!!

The location of the hotel is superb, and with so many things to see and do, we absolutely used the services of Sarah, the concierge. She also e-mailed us before we arrived, and was fantastic at suggesting great restaurants and things to do around the city. The first place we went to was a small italian restaurant, Macelleria, in the meatpacking district. Impeccable service, perfect servings, and a great atmosphere, it made our first night in the city a memorable one. She recommended quick places to stop while we were on the go to our shows, and set up reservation after reservation for us. She was fantastic!

All of the staff at the hotel make you feel like you're at home. They all know your name, and greet you every single time you enter or leave the hotel. The front desk service when we first arrived was top notch. Very good vibe at the hotel. We didn't get to take advantage of the free cocktails in the bar, but we definitely will make it a point on our next trip!

Thank you, thank you, thank you for a wonderful stay in NYC. We loved the hotel, and working with Felix, Sarah, and the rest of the staff. Looking forward to coming back soon.

Room Tip: Stay in a room on a higher floor. The higher you are the least amount of noise from the road. If you...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I love the Bryant Park Hotel. It is cool & the people who work there are cool. However, sometimes with cool you get arrogance, but not here. The people who work in this hotel are the nicest in New York. They must have a brilliant HR manager as they get it right every time with their staff choice. I have just returned from another wonderful stay. I was alone, over visiting my daughter, who is working in New York for the summer. I felt totally comfortable throughout my 5 day stay. Eric, the Concierge, is a very professional yet personable gentleman. He, as usual, could not do enough for me, during my stay. All that is left to say is that I use Tripadvisor to give me hotel advice when I traval & I would only stay in the Bryant Park Hotel on my visits to New York. Try to get a room with a park view if you go.

Room Tip: High Floor with a view of Bryant Park
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Its been at least 7 years since I stayed at the Bryant Park and it has improved in that time in terms of overall service quality. Very friendly staff at the front desk. The room I had was very large for New York standards (junior suite) overlooking Bryant Park. This was nice from a view standpoint, but somewhat noisy for sleeping (there was an event in the park). The location is excellent and the restaurant's food is very good. I would return.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our 1 year anniversary on the weekend of June 30.

We had an amazing time from begining to end. We felt like the Hotel rolled out the red carpet for us from the very begining since our initial contact over the phone with Harold H. in reservation. He was very respectful, informative and provided me with sincere professionalism throughout our conversation. He was very polite and helpful in helping me decide which room will be the perfect room for my wife and I, since he understood it was our anniversary and he wanted to make sure our stay was comfortable as possible. I cannot thank him enough for suggesting we stay in the junior suite with the terrace. WE LOVED IT. It felt like an apartment in the city with a gorgeous view of Bryant Park. We were able to enjoy the great view from our room and the terrace was perfect for an after dinner night cap and morning breakfast.

The front desk manager John C. along with his staff was very professional and very friendly. John C made us feel like VIP upon our arrival and he was very gracious, especially when congratulating us when he acknowledge that my wife was 8 months pregnant and he showered us with great compliments. I wish all hotels would have people like him to make every arrival special.

Everyone from the doorman to the front Desk were wonderful. With the great room, location, professionalism and courtesy from everyone, we definitely will be going back soon.

We loved our room, loved the bedding/bathroom & the amenities. The king size mattress was super comfortable.

We had a lovely dinner @ Koi Restaurant which connects from the Hotel. The Food was delicious. The staff there were also very professional and knowlegable of the food reccomendations.

So glad we did something for our Anniversary. But staying at the Bryant Park Hotel made it Special.

Once again a special thanks to Harold H and John C. for taking such good care of us. We can't wait to go back.

We were so glad we decided to stay because we had the perfect anniversary weekend.

Room Tip: The hotel is right accross the street from Bryant Park, where you go for a walk, have a picnic or ev...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This past weekend was the 3rd or 4th time we have stayed at the Bryant Park Hotel. As usual it was great - clean, great staff, and great air conditioning (it was in the 90s in NYC). The only reason why I did not rate this hotel as excellent this time was that our room was not made up until very, very late in the afternoon. We arrived back to the hotel around 4-4:30 after a sweltering day and had to leave when housekeeping came a few minutes later.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade - the rooms are wonderful especially those with a balcony!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We are a family of 5 and have just returned from a 4 night stay at the Bryant Park Hotel. We were celebrating 2 18th birthdays and from the moment we arrived we were treated in a friendly warm and helpful manner by Felix and his staff. We requested three adjoining rooms on the same floor and were granted this request. As a nice touch, the twins celebrating their birthdays were given balloons and special cupcakes on our arrival. The hotel has a cosy feel to it, and the rooms were spotless, modern and quiet and the beds were very comfortable. You couldn't ask for a better location - opposite Bryant Park itself and close to all the main tourist sights - Times Square, Grand Central Station, Empire State Building etc. We will definitely stay there again when we next visit NYC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Bryant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!