“Dream stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Bryant Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Bryant Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #6 of 455 Hotels in New York City
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Dream stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

It was my first visit to New York, accompanying my girlfriend who was on a business trip for a few days, the latter part of the week when we were paying for ourselves I had booked a few days in this hotel based on reviews read in Trip advisor. I had heard about the New York customer service, but when checking into the Bryant I was very impressed with the customer service (which was better than the hotel we had checked out a few days before). We were given a free upgrade to a suite, and the view from the suite room was breathtaking. As a customer you were entitled to enter the nightclub run in the hotel for free and to jump ahead of the queue. I had one issue where someone in another room was playing their tv very loud (2am in the morning) one quick call to the desk and it was resolved in minutes. Even when checking out the staff were very friendly giving us their business cards and saying contact them if we need anything when back in New York. Seriously, other hotels can learn from this customer service level

Room Tip: Book your reservation direct with the hotel to increase chance of free upgrade
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
Allentown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

My stay at The Bryant Park hotel was perfect. The staff, the service and my room were all exceptional. Room was clean and modern, turndown service was terrific. I ate at Koi and had drinks at The Cellar Bar both were fantastic. Will definitely stay there again on my next trip to the City.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Dear Heather S, Thank you so much for your kind review on us. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the way the staff treated you. Housekeeping was especially happy to read your comments, that department works the hardest and it is very nice to see them receive recognition. I hope you come back soon! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

The Bryant Park hotel is definately on my list of favorite NY hotels. The staff are friendly, the rooms have a very European feel to them and are very confortable. Nice bathrooms. They also have good wine and snacks in the room. The bar is a great, although it gets very crowded as the night goes on, it has a good crowd. Located in Midtown,it's easy to get around from there.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Mac guire,

Thank you for your review. We are honored to be on your list of favorite NY Hotels especially since I see you have traveled a lot. Your comments about the staff are very much appreciated. I hope you return soon, If I can ever be of assistance please call upon me. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

The Bryant Park Hotel is a stylish hotel in a great location, a stones throw from the New York Library/Fifth Avenue. Was our first trip to New York City, and the Bryant Park was a great base for us in Midtown. We stayed in early January, so were lucky to visit when the skating rink and the huge Christmas tree was setup in Bryant Park - beautiful.

We didnt spend too much time in our room, just resting between days and nights out, but it was stylish and comfortable, great to come back to to rest sore feet after a mad day in the city. Loved the huge marble bathtub and the selection of drinks in the mini bar was good too. Didnt have a chance to try out the restaurant, but ordered room service in the early hours of the morning which was quick and tasty.

Room was cleaned to a high standard, and there was a turndown service every evening. There is a nightclub downstairs which is also the only bar in the hotel. We went for a quick drink before going out for the evening, but it wasnt really the atmosphere we were looking for. This is the one small point I would make, that it would be good to have a bar area seperate from the club where guests could have a drink in a more quiet setting. Although I am sure that the club would appeal to some guests.

Overall enjoyed our stay at the Bryant Park and would recommend to anyone looking for a stylish place to stay in a good location

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The Bryant Park Hotel was absolutely stunning in appearance. We stayed for a Wedding Sept. 16 and 17th in a junior suite. I just need to say how accomodating, sweet, and friendly everyone was to us as well as the Bride and Groom and other wedding guests staying at the hotel. Darren and Eric L. were fantastic and made our stay so comfortable. The staff will go above and beyond for their guests. The neighborhood is also fabulous, so close to Times Square and 5th ave directly across the street from gorgeous Bryant Park. If you love boutique type hotels this is the place for you. Worth the price.

Room Tip: Choose a junior suite with park views. The windows are huge. Breathtaking
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

The Bryant Park is conveniently located for many sights such as the Empire State and the NY Public Library. The bar is very smart and the rooms fresh and clean as you would expect. the staff are very pleasant and in particular Darren was particularly helpful. I'm not Darren or his Mom! - he just happened to go the extra mile on our visit - our first visit to NYC.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

Went to NYC in August for a girlfriend getaway and did NOT want to stay in Times Sqaure, but still wanted to be close to everything. Bryant Park Hotel was a great choice!

We arrived at the hotel at around 11:30 am, fully expecting that our room would not be ready, but much to our surprise it was and we were checked in, stuff in our room and back out the door by noon! The staff was great...offering help if we needed restaurant suggestions or directions.

We reserved a Junior King Suite with a great view of Bryant Park. While we would have preferred a room with two beds, the king bed was so large and comfortable neither of us moved all night!

Our room on the 11th floor had a chaise lounge, coffee table and chair, along with a desk and two side tables. VERY large! Also had two double windows, so it was nice and bright with the curtains open.

The bathroom was lovely and huge! Nice sized sink area, a deep soaking tub and a separate shower. Lots of marble and neutral colors....very spa-like!

In other reviews I see several people commented on the small closet - which I would agree with if you were staying for an extended period. (I did take a photo, so will attach to the review.) With that, we were only there two nights so there was enough space for two girls who had packed too many things! The one thing that would be nice to just have in the room was an iron and board (which they do not)....but I was told they would bring one up if you asked. I did the old hang my item in the bathroom while I showered and that got out my wrinkles.

There is also a large safe (it easily fit my ipad) as well as a mini-bar/fridge. There isn't a ton of room in there if you are looking to bring back leftovers from dinner - but you can squeeze a few things in there.

Our room price included continental breakfast which was actually quiet nice! We got to each select three breads/pastries (muffins, bagels, english muffins, etc.) as well as a juice, coffee or tea and it came with a fruit cup. Perfect amount to start your day!

The location of this hotel is excellent....it's at 40 West 40th Street so literally a half block to all the glorious shopping of 5th Avenue! Also only a 6 or so block from Times Square and about 10 blocks to Madison Square Garden. We walked everywhere! We would have walked to see Wicked, but of course there was a torrential rain storm that flooded the streets (it was craziness!) but it cleared up and we were able to take a nice stroll through Times Sqaure and back to the hotel after.

We went across to street to the Bryant Park Cafe several times for a bite to eat and a glass of champagne. It was so beautiful out it was nice to sit outside and people watch!

Speaking of cocktails....stayed at the hotel on a Friday night so we went down to the Cellar Bar for their free happy hour. We each got our drink and they served a little bowl of tortilla chips and salsa. Cool vibe and the waitress was nice - but we didn't stick around too long.

On Fri and Sat night when we came back to the hotel there was a line to get into the Cellar Bar (which we could have bypassed as guests.)

I had heard so much about the red walls, the crazy security, how some of the staff was rude, etc.....we kind of giggled when we got in the elevator (which is red) thinking about those reviews because it is soooo not a big deal! And I appreciated that they asked us for our room key when we went up to the room - I like knowing they aren't just letting random people wander around the hotel. And as far as rude staff, we didn't encounter anyone close to being rude. It was a great stay from start to finish and I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor facing Bryant Park. The Junior suites are a great option...roomy, bright and c...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Bryant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!