“Perfect Wedding-Night Stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Bryant Park Hotel

You added The Bryant Park Hotel to your Saves list
The Bryant Park Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West 40th Street, New York City, NY 10018 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #7 of 457 Hotels in New York City
New York City
“Perfect Wedding-Night Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I got married at Bryant Park Grill and that included the bridal suite at Bryant Park Grill for the night of the wedding. Since we live in NYC and didn't plan on going on a honeymoon right away, it was great to spend the night of our wedding at a hotel instead of going straight home. The hotel allowed us to check in 2 hours early so my bridesmaids and family could start getting ready and hang out in the suite before the wedding. We ordered delivery from a local reastaurant around 3:30am and a hotel security guard accompanied the delivery guy up to the suite, which made us feel secure. When we checked out of the room, bellhops were very helping in getting all our bags, gifts, etc. out of the suite and into a taxi.

The room was beautiful, spacious, and extremely clean, and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've slept in. The views overlooking the park were awesome despite the rain. They provide great bath products and excellent service. Their events staff was extremely helpful in coordinating our guests from out of town and providing them with the wedding info materials I created. It's a very modern hotel on the inside, especially considering it's older facade. The only complaint we have is that the hotel would not confirm ahead of time that we could check into the hotel early - they wanted us to book the room for the night before. But when we called day-of they were very nice in agreeing to make sure the room was ready several hours early.

We had an excellent stay, as did our friends and family, and wouldn't hesitate to do it all over again! The hotel is in a great location - and rooms with views of the park are great!

Room Tip: rooms with views of the park are excellent - especially the suites!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

You couldn't ask for a more central or accessible location in the heart of Manhattan. We stayed on a summer day and it was great having access to the park. My main priority in a city hotel is cleanliness, and this place fit the bill perfectly. It was spotless and I felt at ease in the room. Our 'entry-level' room was on the small side, but hey - that's Manhattan prime real estate. The bathroom was simply gorgeous and perfect (and surprisingly spacious in ratio to the room). The view from our room was so-so (not too much visibility of the park), but again, we are in prime Manhattan territory right there. I loved the noise machine (yay for crickets). All staff members were friendly and pleasant. The elevators were very speedy and easy. My only recommendation to the hotel would be to offer a more firm pillow option. I am sure that the pillows in the room were deluxe in nature, but for those used to sleeping on firmer pillows, it could be a bit difficult. I would still feel good about coming here again, but would feel even better with an expanded pillow option.

Kent, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Stayed here for one night in August. I had locked all my valuables away, apart from my blackberry, which I foolishly left on the table. I went for a walk and when I came back the blackberry had gone. I had left a 'do not disturb' sign on the door, but somebody had come in and shut the curtains. Initially, I thought I must've repacked the thing into my case, so it was only when I got to my next hotel and unpacked fully that I realised that the phone was gone.
I've stayed at the Bryant Park several times in the past and found it to be a pleasant hotel in a convenient location. However, this experience has definitely left a bad taste in my mouth. In conclusion: stay here if you like the other features, but please take my advice and make use of the safe in your room.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Service at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
We take our guest comments very seriously especially when it is in regards to guests security. All doors in the hotel automatically lock once you close the door, when you left for your run most likely a housekeeper provided turn down service. We have security measures in place that allow us to know exactly who entered your room. Our housekeepers have been with us for years and come across many valuable items in the room and we have never had an issue with a claim of a stolen item. In many cases guests first assume an item was stolen and later find the item and call us back to apologize. These allegations are very serious and I hope you will give me the opportunity to investigate this further. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Guildford
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011 via mobile

We stayed here for a long weekend, it's not the cheapest but it is definitely the best placed. Everything you need is a short walk away.

It is the perfect location for a shopping weekend with modern quirky but very comfortable rooms. The square literally on your doorstep is a hive of activity and interet from ice skating to restaurants and cafes to curio shops.

Thoroughly recommended on location alone

• Stayed November 2010
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My wife and I had a great stay at the Bryant Park Hotel recently. I can't imagine a better location in NYC...extremely convenient to everything we wanted to see. We had a Jr. suite overlooking Bryant Park and the NYC Library. Very spacious and immaculate. Staff was always helpful and friendly. Can't recommend it highly enough...we'll come back!

Room Tip: Request a Jr. suite overlooking the park...some have terraces...worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
BryantParkHotel, Director of Front Office and Guest Services at The Bryant Park Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Dear Gregory Madison_WI, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind review. I am so glad you enjoyed your room as well as the view. I also appreciate your nice comments about the staff. I hope you come back soon! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

My husband and I went to NY at the end of July coming from TO. We were celebrating our anniversary and wanted it to be a special long weekend. Based on reviews online we decided to try Bryant Park Hotel. We loved this hotel! Nicole was so pleasant checking us in (and out). Felix considerately upgraded us making things all the more special. Thank you! Thanks also Darren Sumner for the complimentary wine sent to our room. All the staff were gracious and accomodating. The room and bathroom was immaculate. Excellent turn down service and perfect view of the park! Thanks for making our stay so special!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments about Nicole, Felix, Housekeeping and myself. Everyone was very touched that you remembered their names. I am very happy that they had such a positive impact on your stay and were able to make your Anniversary so special! I hope you back soon. Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

I've been traveling to New York City for business for many years and have stayed at several other properties. The Bryant Park Hotel is one of, if not THE best hotel accommodation for not only my business needs but personal as well.
The staff at Bryant Park is very well trained and provide outstanding customer care. Adolfo Ramirez is increditable about making sure his guests are well taken care of. Kelly Kato, is one of the best Events Corrdinators I've worked with.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Dear Dennis H, thank you for your review and for recognizing Adolfo and kelly, They are tremendous assets to us in our sales department and it's not that often that they get the recognition they deserve. We all hope to see you back real soon! Darren dsumner@bryantparkhotel.com

Been to The Bryant Park Hotel? Share your experiences!