“Concierge Charlie Rules” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Chandler

Save Saved
You added Hotel Chandler to your Saves list
Hotel Chandler
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12 East 31st Street, New York City, NY 10016 (Manhattan)   |
Hotel deals
Special Deal
Save $40.00 a day
Ranked #56 of 452 hotels in New York City
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Concierge Charlie Rules”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Traveled to NYC for my son's eighth birthday! It was amazing. The concierge Charlie made the stay wonderful for him. He wished my son a happy birthday and also surprised him with a cake with a candle when we returned to the room that night! Above and beyond.

And the hotel itself was perfect! Clean, warm, cozy beds and hot showers. The staff were all extremely accommodating and friendly. It was all and all a perfect experience. Thank you Hotel Chandler and most of all Charlie Loor for making an great memory for a little boy's NYC birthday!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ChandlerManager, General Manager at Hotel Chandler, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Chrissy T.,

I am delighted Charlie made your son's birthday so memorable. Our aim is to connect with our guests and make a lasting impression and hopefully have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Thank you so much for your feedback!

1,628 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Riehen, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Staff was excellent friendly, extremely helpful and efficient, received an upgrade on the first evening to a Suite, great location, great facilities even in the not completed breakfast room. Quiet for a room in the middle of the city

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the lift
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Wow, booked a 4 day trip to New York for my 50th birthday with a friend and came across this hotel in my internet search by accident. I can't say enough about this place. Perfect location, 4 blocks from Penn Station, 2 blocks from subway. The hotel was super nice and the staff was spot on. Excellent Service, Free coffee 24 hours. When it was raining they offered us umbrellas. The rooms were very comfortable. And Molton Brown Products in the bathroom, one of my favorite from London. I can go on and on, but I don't think I will ever consider another hotel in NY. I've traveled alot through out the US and Europe. This hotel beats the big hotel chains hands down and the price was extremely fair. Whomever runs this hotel has the highest standards and knows what the clients like. Thank you for making my NY trip awesome!!

Room Tip: Winter tip: Keep the heating system fan on auto, not "on". Between heating cycles it wil...
Clearwater, FL, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

It's such a cliche to say, but I never write a review. I think when we pay for service, we expect a certain treatment back. Most places sufficiently reach that. However, when a place goes way beyond expectations and really sticks out in your mind as a remarkable home away from home place, in one of the busiest cities in the world, it should be told!
From being greeted by the doorman to help with my bags, specially on a bad weather snowy night, everyone was super friendly, smiled, and it was genuine. The hotel itself is exactly what I like, personable, character, clean, elegant without being over the top, and a primo location. Hotel Chandler has it all.
Doorman was friendly no matter what time of day, which by the way was there 24 hours a day. Front desk was super helpful, all of them, even offering me an umbrella when it was snowing, which I found another one in my room as a bonus plus. The lobby has fresh coffee brewing ALL day with selections of teas.
The room blows the competition out of the water. Clean, fresh, smelled wonderful. Comfortable bed, bay windows with privacy shades and wooden blinds. You can ask for a more quiet from the street room in the back, or more of a view street side depending what you want. To me, being in a hotel room I want peace and quiet, no cars honking and stuff. I didn't hear a peep from the outside in the room.
Room service menu was available, minifridge was accessible to put some side stuff in if you wanted. You can tell they go above the normal means of a hotel with a card that you place if you want the sheets changed daily with turn down service. So not just to have your room cleaned that most hotels offer, but that little bit of extra quality of care shown makes a difference. Nice large wall mounted television, spacious desk, comfortable room furniture. I was greeted by the maid that asked if there was anything else I could use for my stay.

Overall, I can't recommend this place high enough. Central location to everything without being SMACK right in the middle of the hustle and bustle. Always taxis available right out front, and the subway station is just a minute or two walk. Without a doubt, my next stay in New York will be back at Hotel Chandler.

This hotel and its staff has made it that much easier next time I am in New York, which is often, to not have to worry about where I will stay, will I get a great rate, and will the room I find online meet my simple expectations. The guessing game is now done and over, and I couldn't be more thrilled.

Kudos to Hotel Chandler, and their superb staff!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quieter since away from the street, but less of a view. Rooms in the front of...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
ChandlerManager, General Manager at Hotel Chandler, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Janie E,

Thank you so much for your complimentary review! We are so happy that we were able to exceed your expectations. We strive to do this with every guest and it is such great feedback and motivation for the staff when we know that we have achieved that!

We look forward to welcoming you back,

Sincerely
Hudson Valley, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Service was excellent. Room was nice. Bathroom was larger than expected! Room service for breakfast was great. Food high quality. Concierge dinner recommendation was spot on! Would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed here over MLK weekend with another couple. We arrived very late on a Friday night. The hotel was quick to greet us and check us in so that we could get to our rooms and crash. The hotel is around the corner from the Empire State building and close to a number of subway stations. It was an excellent home base for us as we explored all over NYC. We have been to NY a number of times and would definitely consider staying here again. We appreciated the excellent service, cozy rooms, central location, among other things and would recommend to others!

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Hotel Chandler lived up to it reviews and expectations by providing a clean, comfortable, well-priced, and well-located place to stay near Koreatown, New York.

Pros:
1) Wonderful. friendly, welcoming staff-puts the Ritz to shame!
2) Super luxurious Frette Turkish bath linens and bathrobes
3) Near transportation and plenty of restaurants
4) Clean and well-kept
5) Quiet
6) Plenty of hot water for showers, etc
7) Very reasonable price

Cons:
1) Rooms are a bit small
2) Had individual heater/cooler units rather than thermostatically controlled central HVAC- a bit of a nuisance and noisy
3) Baths need updating; must enter shower stall to turn on, no tub in my unit

Room Tip: The rooms facing 31st are probably the best
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear JsKorp,

Thank you so much for your review! It's through the eyes of our guest that we are able to evaluate our design & service and make improvements where necessary. We are happy that our staff exceed your expectations in the service provided.

Kate Martin

Been to Hotel Chandler? Share your experiences!