“Cool Hotel, small rooms, good location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hudson Hotel New York

You added Hudson Hotel New York to your Saves list
Hudson Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   356 West 58th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Midtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #357 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Cool Hotel, small rooms, good location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Titles says it all.

Rooms are tiny, but they have what you need. Hotel is trendy with some cool bars (love Library bar) The hotel is in a pretty good location depending on what you are staying there for, close to Broadway and Central Park as well as several subways.

Price is up and down, I have stayed a few times and it has sometimes been cheap, sometimes every expensive so my opinion of it will largely depend on how much you end up paying.

Staff we nice, everything was pretty well handled.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The location is excellent, and it helped to also have a parking garage almost across the road, but our room was not just small but tiny. We barely had space to open our suitcases, and the bathroom was so small one that after getting out of the shower there was no room to dry myself. A ship's cabin is way larger. The rate was good but note that there is a compulsory resort fee.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dresden, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This has been our third visit to the Hudson hotel. We enjoy the hotel and its location in between Lincoln Center, Central Park and the theater district. The staff of the hotel has always been very courteous and helpful. Taking a nightcap in the Library Bar when returning in the night has become an enjoyable custom.

Rooms are small for general European habits, but we definitely value the wooden flooring and the comfortable beds.

Ask for a room at a higher floor and looking towards the street and you get a nice view across NYC.

Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Level 10 and up at the corner of 57th St and 9th Av :)
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Hudson over Christmas (2014) and would definitely recommend to others.

The location was great, close to Columbus Circle and handy for the subway - it was also in walking distance of the coach tours that we had booked.

I looked at Trip Advisor before we went on our trip and there were a lot of reviews mentioning the size of the rooms and the noise. We spoke to the very helpful staff upon check in and we paid for an upgrade. The room was a very decent size, the bed was great and we couldn't hear the club or bar at all.

It was clean with really cool décor and the staff were wonderful.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

The Hudson has been my go to hotel for three years now. Great value, great service, well located, it has it all! I'm 25 years old and this place is perfect for people my age looking for an affordable hotel with great entertainment! I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2015
Great Gaddesden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Good value for money when you book on line but no one tells you about all the taxes! Over $40 per night in taxes is ridiculous Great location. Perfect for all you want to do. Very friendly staff and nice bar area. Breakfast though is not good

Room Tip: Just small but everything you need if on your own. Cramped if a couple
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

I had just returned from a west coast tour on Friday and had a nightmare of an experience with Greyhound trying to get back into Connecticut that night before the storm hit the next day. My manager was able to book me a room at a very affordable rate, wifi and meal credit included, just for the night through Expedia. I'd never heard of this hotel before, but upon my arrival, check-in was a breeze, my room was comfortable and room service was quick and affordable.

Checkout was also a breeze. I didn't catch the name of the young lady that assisted me, but she was very warm and attentive to me while I waited for the manager to assist me with a cash checkout. He was with a customer that kept him tied up for a long period of time, and because I had to make it back to port authority for my transportation, I paid by card and didn't get to work with him. The friendly doorman that I met in the lobby had a taxi waiting for me when I got downstairs.

If I can offer any areas of improvement, I would only have two (2):
1. Because I had never heard of the hotel, I didn't know what to expect upon my arrival. Being in NYC late night, I did however expect to be greeted by a door worker to assist me with my luggage and direct me upstairs to the lobby.

2. When I got to my room, I noticed hair, that did not belong to me, on my hair dryer and on the floor. I also noticed fingerprints and smudges on the wall mirror that held the television. I've been to hundreds of hotels around the world and one thing I will say is cleanliness should be a top priority for a hotel. It can make or break your business. I didn't complain that night because I was exhausted and just needed a safe, warm place to sleep.

Overall, my experience with the hotel was a good one and I would recommend it to all of my friends.

• Stayed February 2015

Been to Hudson Hotel New York? Share your experiences!