“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hudson Hotel New York

You added Hudson Hotel New York to your Saves list
Hudson Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   356 West 58th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #357 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

The hotel is expensive as most hotels are in New York. The room is small but comfortable and spotless. The bathroom is clean but very very small. Staff are very helpful and the bar area is very nice. Not far from Central Park and Times Square. Overall a very nice hotel.

• Stayed September 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

This establishment is lively at all times of day&night, then again it's New York so that's to be fully expected. Pleasantly affable interior in all fairness.

Beyond doubt the guest rooms are minuscule all the same hygienic and efficiently maintained.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I always stay at the Hudson when in NYC. The location can't be beat- you are a few blocks from Lincoln Center, Columbus Circle (shopping, Whole Foods, subway), and a few blocks from Broadway. The hotel has a young, "clubby" atmosphere, nice casual bar for drinks. The rooms are New York tiny and spartan. My only suggestion this time around is that they should have towels worthy of the price and the hotel vibe--- not worthy of a gym. That said, I'll stay at the Hudson the next time around. Its an interesting place, and late nights are fun, the front lounge turns into a club, and you show your room key and you skip the line. Good people watching. In the end, you realize its great to be you and those around you are great entertainment.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Gillingham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Ok, so I love NYC. Love love it. However, we made this trip when I was 5 months pregnant and I was huge. This is a trendy hotel. I didn't fit in. Everyone looked like a model, some had the attitude! The actual lobby is great, quite dark. However, the rooms. The rooms are just so tiny. But then you don't really get large rooms in New York.

Weird that the shower has could be seen from the bedroom, would be great if I was there for a dirty weekend away. Not to great when you bump hits the wall.

If you want a hotel to crash at and still be able to go gown for a cocktail this would be up your street. If your looking for something where you won't be looked up and down, look elsewhere!

Room Tip: Just get the biggest room you can afford. Just so you can store cases!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Last month I booked the Hudson Hotel using Jetsetter as the rate was very inexpensive for NYC. This weekend we checked-into the hotel and at first glance, the hotel was great. Pleasant staff, hip lobby, nice scent, etc. Having stayed here many years, we were aware of the small room sizes but still expected a little more out of the room especially the bathroom. IF you are a larger person you would not be able to fit in the bathroom. More importanly, the bathroom was old and dirty. The floor had not been swept and there was hair everywhere. There was also hair all over the bathtub. Once I noticed this, I called the front desk and asked for housekeeping to come clean the bathroom. It took about 15 minutes for housekeeping to arrive and we asked them to clean the bathtub again. They did and even replaced the shower curtain. However, she only cleaned the bottom of the bathtub and there was still hair in the corners. We were in a hurry to meet a friend so at this point just removed it ourselves. Another point worth mentioning is the lighting in the room is very dim. You could barely see getting ready. Two lights were not working but maintenance was very responsive and fixed them as soon as we asked. Overall, our stay was fine. We were there for a fun girls weekend but were just disappointed by the overall room conditions.

• Stayed January 2015
Long island, ny
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I should've double checked trip advisor before booking this hotel. My husband & I had dinner reservations last night & decided last minute to sleep in the city after. I booked this hotel Saturday afternoon on the hotels tonight ap. In my haste, I got this hotel confused with 6 Columbus which is down the block. Big mistake.
The lobby is pretty cool looking, I will give them that. I really should've taken a good look at my room though. When I got back to the room I was so grossed out. My husband took a shower. I was in the bedroom. First, there was someone else's hair all over the room. When I lifted the sheet to check for bed bugs there was more hair. Gross.
The bathroom was disgusting. I yelled at my husband for even showering there. There was more hair in the bathroom. The light switch had black dust across the top of it. The bathroom walls and floor were white tiles with formerly white grout. It looked like they cleaned the wall with a mop and left streaks of black water on the wall. I told my husband I was not sleeping there.
I had to use the bathroom before we drove home. I refused to sit on the toilet. Oh, did I forget to tell you? There was dirt and hair on the seat too. To top off the evening there were brown specs on the wall in front of the toilet. I flipped out. My husband told me don't worry. It didn't look like feces. It looked like dried buggers. Awesome.
I stopped at the front desk before I left. I told them I was disgusted and checking out. They offered to send someone to my room. I told them forget it. If the room was that dirty I had no faith in their hotel. The two women at the desk looked at me like I was crazy. (after reading the reviews it wasn't like they had not heard of this before) I also said there was no sheet on the bed. Turns out they don't use flat sheets in their hotel. If you couldn't clean the bathroom do you think I'm sleeping under you duvet? They allegedly change it for each guest but I wasn't taking that chance.
Now for the room. In their defense, the booking did say the room was 150 square feet. I didn't notice when I booked it. I have stayed in rooms much larger than this on cruise ships. That is saying someting. It was 6 paces from the door to the bed. The bedroom looked to be about a 10x10. My husband walked into the tv on the wall. You could sit on the bed and touch the wall. You could not stay here if you had one full sized suitcase. I didn't see a luggage rack. I don't think the room could fit it.
I saved the best for last. The room had a large window from the bathroom to the bedroom. We actually had a good laugh about that. There was a thin rather see through cutrain over the window. Also, if you're over 5'5" I think you'd have to sit sideways on the toilet seat. There was very little room between the toilet and the wall.
Oh, and I forgot. The room smelled of burnt toast. The heat made noise and the room was really dark.
I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Maintenance and upkeep seem to be issues currently ignored by this hotel. I stayed here the year it opened. Fantastic stay. And probably three times after. This stay? Horrible. Tried three rooms until I finally just gave up. First one the radiator panel in wood was hanging off with exposed nails and ready to fall. The second water damage so bad there was black mold forming over the bed. The last had non-working blinds and more water damage above the entry door. The front desk did all they could, they're just not being given many options. The repainting of the hallways and doors has taken this hotel down the tacky road. It used to be cool and dark and now it's a late 80's German green for the doors and two tone for the walls. They've lost that hunting lodge feel we all loved. And then there's the resort fee, except that none of the resort areas are open - all closed for the winter.
At 20 bucks a day, I want to go to the roof and the terrace and sit outside with a heat lamp. You have a bar and a restaurant (minimal now) which all hotels have. And a night club that has people throwing up at the front door as you return from the theatre or from another club. Pleasant! Add this hotel to my list of do-not-return to hotels. Not worth the aggro.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Hudson Hotel New York? Share your experiences!