“If you love small rooms, this hotel is for you!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hudson Hotel New York

You added Hudson Hotel New York to your Saves list
Hudson Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   356 West 58th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #354 of 458 Hotels in New York City
Louisville, ky
“If you love small rooms, this hotel is for you!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have a love/hate relationship with this hotel. I love the hip decor but hate the micro small rooms. Also the resort fee is ridiculous. It is still kind of a fun place to stay. The staff is very helpful. The location is good with good transportation and restaurants nearby.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (479)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

If you're looking for a glamorous, spacious room - keep looking! I needed a clean bathroom, and comfortable bed. That is exactly what I got, with fantastic pillows, and a great location. Reasonably priced for Manhattan. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed December 2014
Wellington, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I feel this hotel fell far short of a 4 star. The check-in/checkout process was very long. As its been stated the rooms are tiny, however going in with that knowledge we were still shocked at the cruise ship type size. The bed was a twin at best with a lumpy mattress. The lobby is very nice and it seems to be a great place to hang out for the late night crowd. The noise level from the hotel and the street is very loud. This is a "W" wannabe. I would not recommend.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It was our first time to NYC and didn't really know what to expect! We were told by numerous people it is best to stay within the Times Square/Broadway area but the prices were through the roof! I have sold the Hudson Hotel as a travel agent previously so thought it was only right I visited the hotel I had recommended so many times to other people. We flew into EWR airport, which was about a 25-30 minute drive (although felt so much less than that!!) and we pulled up outside the hotel. At first glance, it's not much to look at as it sits under scaffolding and is quite busy outside, however we walked through the doors and went up the escalators. The check-in area reminded me somewhat of Hollister, or Abercrombie & Fitch - it was dark and smelt lovely! A massive chandalier hangs over check-in and there were two people working behind the desk. Check-in was easy, staff were friendly and we were advised we could keep our luggage in the basement on our last day completely free of charge. After reading online that you had to pay, this come as a suprise, but a good one.

Our room number was 1044. We got into the lift and headed to floor 10, and walked round a couple of corners to find our room. Upon entry, found it very small, however, we only used it as a base to shower, change and sleep so why would we need anything bigger? Our suitcases lie underneath our bed, and our clothes hung up in the small wardrobe, or sat on top of the desk area. I found the shower very strange, as it has a glass window divide into the bedroom, with only a curtain to hide your modesty - but still, I travelled as part of a couple and didn't mind too much. The beds are soooo comfy! Had absolutely nothing to complain about. Every day the maid would come into our room and empty bins, give fresh towels, make our bed etc.

We found on a couple of nights that there is a nightclub just in front of the Check In desks, and although the music was loud, it could not be heard from any rooms or even outside the hotel itself - only from inside the lobby.

The hotel itself is situated on W 58th Street which is a very short walk to Central Park and about a 15/20 minute walk away from Times Square. On some days, we found ourselves getting taxi's down to TS and walking back or vice versa (this was only due to the extreme pain I was in with my feet!!) My only advice, take comfy footwear!!!! Along the same street as the Hudson is a Subway restaurant and a Starbucks (which we regularly grabbed coffee from).

We had to ask the hotel some advice on a couple of occasions regarding Subways, however the person we dealt with was always very helpful and we got the answer with no quabbles. There was also a man working outside the front of the hotel who helps with taxi's/luggage.

Overall, I would definitely recommend Hudson Hotel and would definitely consider staying here again if I was to return to NYC.

Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

There a couple of issues with this hotel that people should be aware of:
1. Tiny rooms, I traveled in a lot of places in and out side of the USA, have never encountered a 4 start hotel with such small rooms. Actually I think that a 3 star hotel should be ashamed with such room size.
2. I reserved the room using a major online reservation company (Website), I had to pay for the whole stay on front, when I arrived to the hotel, they asked me to pay mandatory "incidental charges". 20 dollars a day! (you get 10 out of 20 dollars back for bar use), The extra 20 dollars a day changed my deal from pretty good to bad.
3. There is a party on the Lobby floor every day from Wednesday till Sunday.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
reigate
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was the second time staying here. I stayed here as it was on offer on Expedia for £120. I was due to stay somewhere else but changed it because of the price of this. The location is ok. Right by the park. The lobby is busy but nice and the reception staff were attentive and seemed pleased to see us. The rooms are quite small but not uncomfortably so and this is quite common in Manhattan. I remember the bar the first time around and it was impressive but they have changed it and now it is nothing more than a sports bar and the bar staff were quite miserable and two cocktails were about $36. Also the food available is not that vast a menu. For the price is was good. If I had paid around £200 I wouldn't have returned and wouldn't pay more than I did to stay here.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It was our first time in New York..when we arrived there was a loud party in a club/lounge next to party/ elevators in hotel. The music was very loud at checkin and the people there were very young...no big deal, the hotel seemed nice and it was in the middle of manhattan! They upgraded our room but the room was still very small. The bathroom was plain and less than 4 star status. The restaurant was really good and the views were quite nice..overall it was a good hotel and it is a good option considering the location and price.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hudson Hotel New York? Share your experiences!