“Average” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hudson New York Hotel

Save Saved
You added Hudson New York Hotel to your Saves list
Hudson New York Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   356 West 58th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Special Offer
Plan Ahead
Ranked #346 of 449 hotels in New York City
A TripAdvisor Member
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Nice looking hotel with nice bars and great feel. Rooms are ridiculously small, we had a deluxe room and it was still like a panic room, however this is New York and we weren't in it much!

Decorated nicely but tatty around the edges and dirty in some places if you cared to look.

Charged us on check in for 2 drinks to our room without telling us that we never even had... Bit of a damn cheek and shouldn't really be allowed to happen.

Comfy bed though and high up enough to not be bothered by then street noise.

Would stay again as was fairly cheap for 3 days, £400.

Stayed July 2014

1,686 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (366)
  • Greek first
AustinOTG
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

Single worst NYC hotel experience ever. There is a disco BLARING and people shouting from the patio until 10pm. They give you earplugs to accommodate, which means no phone/TV. Terrible stay and service.

• Stayed July 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I had a reservation at the Hudson on June 30th and checked in at 7am directly from a red-eye.

After leaving and working until late that same evening, I returned back to the hotel to sleep.

As I was pulling the sheets back to retire, I found 2 bugs crawling around the white sheets, I immediately packed up and went to the lobby to request a refund.

The front desk staff member informed me that since I booked through Kayak they were unable to fully refund me my money and instead offered to refund me half of my money - and that I would need to request a full refund via the service used to make the reservation.

When the service I used to make the reservation contacted this hotel, they were told there was no record of the incident and thus I cannot receive a refund. It's unfortunate that a hotel go to this length to save a few $$$.

Waste of $200 & disgusting that a full refund wasn't given without question to someone that found bugs in their bed.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I checked into the Hudson Hotel from June 23-July 2 and I must say that I have not stayed in such a poorly run hotel in quite some time.

Although the hotel itself is very modern with great crooks and crannies to sit in, it's eclipsed by poor customer service, bad elevators, and poor management.

Some points:

1. I went to get breakfast one morning and it was closed without any notice or signs.
2. I went to the 15th floor--their terrace, one morning and it was also closed without any notice or signs
3. I went to use the business center and again it was closed without any notice or signs. What bothers me the most about this particular instance is that when I went to the front desk to ask where the business center was, I was told the 3rd floor. When I went down, there was a conference going on and I was told it was closed. Went back up and spoke with Nicole, who said, oh, well we can print it here. I also mentioned to her my other experiences, and all she did was say, "Oh, sorry to hear that."
4. When I went down 2 days later to use the business center, it seemed to be vacant but with many boxes. As I was using the printer, one of the staff came up to me and said, "The business center is closed right now. If you need anything printed, please go to the front desk." I mentioned to her also my experiences and again was told only, "Oh, sorry to hear that."
5. With 5 banks of elevators, you would think that you wouldn't have to wait very long to get on one. I wasted on average 5-10 minutes every trip just waiting on the elevator to finally make it to my floor. As it sped down, it picked up passengers, and on average there was always around 10 people in the elevator.
6. Elevators were always overly warm though the first day I checked in they were cold.
7. 23rd floor didn't have a properly functioning air conditioning and so the halls were quite warm.

When I checked out, I mentioned all this to the girl checking me out and she also replied, "Oh, sorry to hear that." When I expressed my frustration, she said, "Hey, I'm just trying to help you, and I have only been working night shift, not day shift." Although eventually she became sympathetic to my cause, it was still frustrating. As I was leaving, she told me would have the bell man downstairs help me with my luggage and taxi. I waited 15 minutes for him to show up.

Needless to say, for a hotel that's main service is customer service, it failed miserably.

Do not stay at this hotel if you value any type of service.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Ok....the rooms are super small....the ones they have on sale. Since I am Asian and small I was ok...but big people / tall people etc....um....your feet might be dangling and you might get claustrophobia. The bathrooms are even smaller....but for a single traveler you can't be beat....for friends...sharing...can't be beat...why? Cause of the amazing bars on the premise and the location in Hells Kitchen or Chelsea as they call it these days.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is my 3rd and last time I give this hotel a shot.
Very very small rooms.
Tiny bathrooms.
Expensive room service.
Nothing at this hotel is worth the stay.
Definitely getting old, you can tell by the furniture, walls and carpet.
And even though it may have been trendy a few years ago, the darkness of the reception area is borderline creepy.
my 2cents...

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed here the first time in 2004 and loved it. Stayed there again in 2014 and, well, not so much. The rooms have definitely aged - with seemingly no updating. The place seems more like a nightclub than a hotel now. The library lounge that used to seem so relaxing is now a side show for the club scene taking place down the hall. The staff is relatively helpful but the rooms are just bad. In my first room the heating didn't work and after they moved me it banged when it did work but was not controllable by the thermostat.

Great walking distance to Columbus Circle, shopping, and Central Park but I'd never stay here again.

Room Tip: To get a good room stay somewhere else.