“Another great UWS boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hudson Hotel New York

You added Hudson Hotel New York to your Saves list
Hudson Hotel New York
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   356 West 58th Street, New York City, NY 10019 (Hell's Kitchen)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 25% off, Book Today
Ranked #354 of 458 Hotels in New York City
La Grange, Illinois
“Another great UWS boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I travel to NYC on a relatively frequent basis. My preference is always upper west side - location is close to Central Park, subway on corner and close to time warner building that has lots of shops and restaurants and is tucked away. I have been to the bars here, there are 4 of them, very trendy, love the outdoor space and in the winter they cover it with a tent. The library bar with fireplace is a must too. I wanted to stay in rooms to see what this place was like. Typical rooms, very small, but very trendy and modern. They were clean. The bathrooms are extremely small and no way could you fit 2 people if you had to share. The beds were awesome, very comfortable and down pillows. Overall, you stay there for the location and everything else this hotel has to offer and have to be ok with the small room size. If you are accustomed to NYC hotels then the room and bathroom size are not a shocker. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
SabrinaPomilio, Guest Relations Manager at Hudson Hotel New York, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
649AgentP,

We're delighted to hear you enjoyed all Hudson and our location has to offer! We actually have larger rooms available at Hudson so please feel free to ask about them next time you want to stay at Hudson. We hope to see you again! Let us know if you need assistance with anything in the future.

Sabrina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (480)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
San Francisco, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I read all the reviews about the poor service but still figured I'd give the Hudson a chance since I'd stayed there years before and had a fine experience. I've already dealt with two separate employees, who I can only describe as extremely determined to be unwilling to help, cold and rude. I have serious doubts in the ability of the management to train its employees properly in how to deal with customers. I have never stayed at a hotel where the service has been so unapologetically abysmal. I haven't even been checked in yet, and if I could cancel my reservation and stay elsewhere, I would.
Stay away from here unless you are a glutton for punishment.

• Stayed November 2013
SiennaSummer,

We are sorry to hear that you are not enjoying your stay with us. Whether you are currently with us or have departed I would suggest speaking with a manager regarding your experience.

Alstead, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I loved the location of this hotel, very near the Time Warner Center and Columbus Circle. Great restaurants nearby (we liked Rosa Mexicano and Smith and Wollensky) but the room was so tiny that you could barely walk around the bed. It was NOT good for doing business (I have to do laser scans in my room). Nice bar, nice outdoor courtyard area as well. A lot of money for the size of the space but the space was well organized and it was contemporary. Nice people working there too.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
dfuller,

We're happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Our location is very ideal, close to great restaurants and great shops. Just so you know we do have larger rooms available so perhaps reserving a deluxe or studio next time would be more fitting if you need to conduct business. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Santa Monica, CA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Arrived Wednesday night to room. Consistent metal hitting metal sound. Did not have time to stop at front desk - we had theatre tickets. Before returning to room asked for change due to this noise. Front desk gentleman replied so sorry we do not have any deluxe rooms available perhaps tomorrow. Did not sleep all night with noise. Exhausted Thursday am, returned to front desk, "I am so sorry - Yes, we know that room is noisy we have engineering working on it as it is an old unit and when we change from cold to warm the system is very loud. We apologize and we can change your room to another deluxe on a higher floor after 12noon." 12:30pm - So sorry room not ready. We say bags packed, when ready please move bags to new room. We return to find out - 4:00pm so sorry room not ready, please wait a few minutes - 30 minutes go by….our friends leave for dinner without us. We are late. Room finally ready 4:30pm. Get to room- toilet running. Engineering arrives. So sorry, we need to replace parts. We leave room and now have returned. 11:30pm - sporadic clicking noise from air conditioning unit. Sorry we pre-paid hotel. Thank goodness only one more night in the smallest room ever accompanied by noise. If looking for similar I recommend..The Mela, The Parker Meridien, The Royalton and if you have more of a budget: The Intercontinental, The Sofitel, The London, I come to NYC often and will never return to this hotel. Positive note: the staff were very sweet, but obviously not given any power to make a situation right. The last staff member I spoke to, I explained to her my disappointment and at that point she has offered us a cocktail or meal credit….At that point we could have used a cocktail, but due to the delays were already late as it was…..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
roundtheworld7,

We're terribly sorry to hear about the constant issues you had during your stay. Of course this is not the stay we want you to have when you are with us, I am surprised we did not offer a compensation sooner as we try to resolve our guest issues as quickly as possible. I hope you would be willing to give us another try in the future, please contact us should you wish to return to Hudson.

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I only had 2 nights in New York City and found the Hudson Hotel to be the perfect location for everything I needed to do. The restaurants in the area were great and I even had time to go to the BEST Whole Foods I had ever seen. It was so big, I think it is probably the largest in the United States. My room was very small but adequate for me traveling alone. The staff were very helpful and friendly and there were a number of places to have a cocktail and or food right in the hotel. It was easy and very safe walking in the morning outside for exercise and I even walked down to Times Square one day after working. Central Park, Columbus Circle, Lincoln Center were steps away. Perfect location with many things to do and see. I would book my room there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
SabrinaPomilio, Guest Relations Manager at Hudson Hotel New York, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
SusanK0212,

Thank you for your stellar review! We are happy to hear you had a fantastic stay with us and got to go to the Whole Foods over at Time Warner! We have larger rooms available at Hudson if you decide to return with accompanying guests. We hope to host you again in the future, please let us know if you need anything else!

Stockholm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Stayed three nights in November 2013 with my girlfriend. The rooms where clean and nice but very small. The staff were however very helpful and welcoming. A bit too pricy for what you get in my opinion, but otherwise perfectly ok given the prices in NYC. Very close to Central park ad the 58th street subway which was nice. The lobby and bar area is really good with lots of things going on especially during weekends, did not disturb us in our room at all.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
NIls Petter P,

We're glad you had an enjoyable Hudson experience and took advantage of our ideal location. We're sorry if you felt the pricing was a bit too much, this is a high demand season for all New York City hotels. I would suggest visiting our website in the future to see if we have any special promotions going on as we often do. We hope to host you again in the future, please contact us directly if there is anything we can assist you with in the future.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

I really enjoy staying at the Hudson Hotel. Located near Columbus Circle, it's literally steps from the 8th Ave Local. The hotel is simple and reasonably priced yet charming and elegant. I appreciate the overly accommodating hotel staff and useful amenities. Some of the rooms are small but I've always been upgraded to a larger room (I'm 6'4). I prefer Hudson Hotel New York.

Room Tip: Be a tall person.