“Very cozy boutique hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Quarters Midtown

Save Saved
You added Club Quarters Midtown to your Saves list
Club Quarters Midtown
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   40 West 45th Street, New York City, NY 10036 (Manhattan)   |
Ranked #228 of 453 Hotels in New York City
New Hampshire
“Very cozy boutique hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This was the first time that we stayed at a Club Quarters. We got the recommendation from Trivago/Expedia. We reserved the second from the smallest rooms, 300 sq/ ft and were fortunate enough to be placed on the top floor, corner room. It was very cozy and clean. Friendly staff at check in and during the stay. May stay at a Club Quarters again.

Room Tip: It seems that all the rooms are nice. The hotel isn't too large.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My husband & I stayed at Club Quarters Midtown for an evening in June. We chose the hotel for the location (we were attending a party right by the hotel) & price & we were not disappointed. The hotel is very simple & the rooms small, just as reviews had said, but also very clean & comfortable. We took the advice of reviews & asked for a higher up floor, so the street noise level was low. The filtered water in the hall is a nice touch & hotel staff friendly. Overall, if your looking for a clean, comfortable place to spend the night in the city, this is a great option.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less street noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Conveniently located near Fifth Avenue, Times Square and Grand Central Station. Definitely within working distance to the Port Authority Bus Terminal (by New Yorkers' standards).

Staff are friendly and generally accommodative to requests. Room is slightly small but good enough for solo travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Well, no well priced hotels in central manhattan are going to be spacious, as this wasn't either. However the location is perfect, and the rooms clean with all the business amenities you need, good wifi, coffee machine, desk, small shower. The beds we're comfy and clean. The staff were very attentive, polite and the lounge was very useful for meeting guests and just relaxing with a coffee. This place is excellent value but don't expect a good view unless you like the sight of an air con unit that I had to leave off because it was too noisy.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed at Club quarters previously, I was a bit disappointed with this property. I recommend the one near Wall street but this one has the best location. Rooms are old and gets noisy with closing the door. Avoid rooms overlooking the street if you want a great night sleep. Location wise, it is perfect!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Northampton, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This is my third stay at a hotel in the Club Quarters chain. I always take the Standard Room, which has a double bed and double the floor space of the tiny Club Room (which as only a twin bed). This is my first stay at Club Quarters Midtown. The rooms are not as lovely as the CQ at Grand Central or Wall Street, but I will be returning because the staff is so great.

I travel often for work and Club Quarters is made for someone like me: a single traveler in town on business. Like all Club Quarters, I found my room to be small but quite adequate for one person. The desk with multiple outlets, sparkling and filtered water dispensers, excellent WiFi, in room Keurig machines, exercise room or yoga mat delivered in room, iHome phone dock & alarm system, room-key activated elevators for security, and printer and lounge for meeting business partners for coffee somewhere other than a restaurant or your room, are all things that keep me coming back. I haven't used the computers reserved for printing boarding passes or the iPad loan service yet.

The Midtown location rooms need a little refresh- they are spotlessly clean but beginning to show some wear. However the staff here is 5 star. Someone met me at the door to help me with a heavy bag. My crazy screwed up (by me) room reservation was fixed without a frown or a sigh. I left a note to say there were no more irons left in the Guest Closet on my floor- one was waiting in my room when I returned, with an ironing board. Housekeeping nicely folded the jammies I forgot I left on the floor, and left me extra sachets of tea when they noticed I didn't drink coffee. While retrieving a pen that rolled under the bed , i noticed no dust and that the carpet was pleasantly scented. I watch hospitality staff hustle here as if this is the Ritz Carlton, bringing an extra pillow to one room, or delivering materials to the room of a guest who hasn't yet arrived. They are discreet and professional.

Location is 5-10 minute stroll to Times Square, Bryant Park, Radio City yet was very quiet. Because other travelers are here on business, folk tend to turn in early and move about quietly. Which is good, because the rooms transmit sound here easily. But that wasn't a problem. I'll be returning. Next week, in fact. So I'll be leaving a suit here for them to dry clean, and have waiting in the closet of my room for my return. (Did I mention the business traveler oriented hospitality?)

Room Tip: The Club Rooms are the least expensive and are TINY, with only twin beds. If you are staying more th...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

The ground floor of the hotel was pleasant, with a good size lounge and good decor.... But as I approached my room door from the corridor I thought the room doors were close together.
When I opened the door to the room I realise why. It was the smallest hotel room I have ever stayed in, and it only had a single bed. The bathroom was in a cupboard and equally small. Air con unit was very noisy and right next to the bed so I had to unplug it.

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Club Quarters Midtown? Share your experiences!