I stayed three nights at the end of July. The staff at this hotel are really great, just like other posts. My hotel loyalty usually is with Marriott or Hilton, so staying here was new for me and my family. I chose the property because cleanliness is the most important quality for me. The hotel is older, so the furniture is dated and worn. The bedding was clean, so I was very happy. The bathroom had a shower with older tile that showed wear and some mildew. The shower utilized a shower curtain to hold back the water. The water pressure on the 14fh floor was horrible. At times, it would just trickle out of the shower head.
My room was on the 14th floor, two rooms. A queen bed in one room and a couch, chair, desk and coffee table in the other room. Both rooms had televisions. The rooms were not too small, it easily held three adults comfortably. Each floor has a closet in the hallway where the iron and ironing board is located. As posted by someone else, ours was not in the closet, but after calling down to the front desk, one was delivered immediately.
The location is really great also. Times square is around the corner. The kids went shopping on 5th Avenue and we walked to the Empire State Building with ease. The central living area was nice, free drinks and coffee. My kids loved the snacks.
I would have rated this hotel higher if my sleep was better. The beds are very hard. If you like hard beds, you are good to go. You have control over the temperature of each room which was nice as some larger hotels control your temperature. I prefer it cold, had it done to 68 degrees and loved it.
Bottom line, a clean average hotel with a great staff. It is not a luxury hotel at all, but if you are seeing a show in NYC and want a bargain, this is the hotel for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Quarters, Midtown provides contemporary, efficient accommodations in an inviting, club-like atmosphere with 170 rooms located in a historic landmark building right off Fifth Avenue. Minutes from major office buildings, Grand Central Station, Times Square, shopping, theater district and restaurant row on West 46th Street. Club Quarters provides:• Safe, restricted entry• Fast and easy self check-in and check-out• Fast, free high speed internet access throughout the hotel• Onsite restaurant • Multi-menu in-room dining options (through onsite restaurant and many local restaurants)• Refrigerator and microwave available• Unlimited complimentary chilled, purified bottled water • 4 meeting and event rooms available (maximum reception style 120 people)• Free use of computer/printer • Ergonomic workstations• State of the art guest rooms with premium bedding• Contemporary furnishings• Flat panel HD TVs• Complimentary coffee and tea• 24 hour guest service desk • Fitness room • Exercise equipment and yoga mats delivered to guest room upon request • Corporate Apartments available • Value rates• Government per diem rates 365 day a year with valid ID. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Reservation Counter, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Club Quarters, Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Quarters Midtown Hotel New York City
- Hotel Quarters Midtown
- Club Quarters New York City
- Quarters Midtown Hotel
- Club Quarters Midtown New York
- Club Quarters Midtown Manhattan
- Club Quarters Midtown Times Square