“Amazing time in NYC, fab hotel.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Broadway Plaza Hotel

You added Broadway Plaza Hotel to your Saves list
Broadway Plaza Hotel
3.0 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   1155 Broadway, New York City, NY 10001 (Manhattan)   |
Offers & Announcements
10% Off 4/23/15-5/31/15
Ranked #197 of 464 Hotels in New York City
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Amazing time in NYC, fab hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

I stayed here for 5 nights in May 2013 (only just got round to writing a review - over a year later). I really enjoyed my stay here and found the staff to be exceedingly helpful, particularly a gentleman named Anthony. Me and my boyfriend both felt like nothing was to much hassel especially when it came to flagging down cabs for us! The hotel overall was clean and the rooms were quite spacious. The only negative point I have is the WiFi was not free when we stayed, unsure if this has changed now or not?

The hotel is in a good location around a 15 minute walk to Times Square and very close to The Empire State Building. I would throughly recommend whilst in New York to take the Greyline bus tours. These tour buses were excellent. They covered Uptown, Harlem, The Bronx, Downtown and Brooklyn. It was a 'hop on, hop off' service and it was very easy to follow the pick up and drop off points.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel is perfectly located for exploring Midtown Manhattan. We stayed in room 1002 which is a corner room that has a beautiful view of the Empire State Building. The hotel is a 15-20 minute walk to Times Sq, 5 mins to the Flatiron and 2 mins to 5th Avenue.

The hotel itself is basic but is clean and has great AC and offers a free continental breakfast every morning, plus free tea and coffee all day. We ate breakfast at Eisenberg's just down 5th past the Flatiron and I can really recommend this if you prefer a taste of old school NYC.

Unless you book directly with the hotel you have to pay $9.95 per day for wi-fi but there is a Starbucks opposite which offers free wi-fi.

The staff were polite and helpful and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Good and bad things about this hotel, first the good: it is located close to the broadway local subway so it is easy to get to Broadway shows, and around NYC cheaply. Easy walking distance to Macy's, Madison Sq., and the Empire State Building. It was clean and comfortable. Larger than your average NYC hotel room. The staff is friendly and professional. The price is very good for NYC. The Bad: very small lobby for meeting anyone. Very small breakfast area, it was so crowded that I gave up on even trying. Other guests were managing to take food back to their rooms on trays because there is almost no space to sit. There are two tables I think. Also just outside of the hotel there are quite a few unoccupied people standing and sitting around the corner. They made me a bit uncomfortable as I walked into the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing north, 3rd floor or higher with a view of the Empire State Building
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
South Shields, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Myself and my Fiance arrived from Las Vegas and on arrival found our travel agent had booked us through Expedia and Expedia had since cancelled our booking and we had no reservation anymore and therefore no where to stay for the next 4 nights!
The Manager, Scott, took us into his office and gave us copies of paperwork to take back to our travel agent. He also had another member of staff look for another hotel for us and he looked himself and found us some a room for the night in a nearby hotel. He phoned up and booked us in it and also booked us in the one room he had for the last 3 nights of our stay. This was all after a 5 hour flight from Las Vegas on a friday afternoon.
The hotel is top notch, we stayed in the suite on the top floor which had windows covering two walls looking out onto the Empire State Building. It was clean and modern and we loved it. The door staff were always helpful and always opened the door for you arriving and leaving. We only had to enquire about travel to the airport and they were booking us onto a local company they use which turned up on time and got us there nice and early. It's location is ideal. The Flatiron building is 5 minutes walk away and is also where the tour buses stop. 15 minutes walk in the other direction is the Empire State building and Times Square/Broadway is 25 minutes walk.
Breakfast is self serve and the tray provided means you can take what you want and take it to your room. The tea and coffee machine is on and free to use 24 hours a day.
Apart from being a sleek, modern hotel, ideally located for everything, its staff make this immensely helpful, even when the chips are down and you need them more than usual (as we found out).

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Nottingham UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My friends and I have just returned from a girlie holiday to NYC. We had a 4 person room in the 3rd floor. The room was HUGE, even with 4 women, suitcases and shopping we still had plenty of room. Breakfast of muffins, bagels, etc was lovely as was the Starbucks coffee 24/7

All staff at the hotel were very helpful but we all took a shine to concierge Jerry who was working the night shift when we stayed and looked after us and went over and above anything we asked him for help with

The hotel is in an excellent location, close to Times Square, Macy's and the Empire State

I lost my heart in my first trip to NYC - I will be back and I will be booking this hotel again

• Stayed June 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

First I'll deal with the one downside. If you drive in to NY and park, make sure you have the right garage. The parking was supposed to be $50 for 2 days. I called the hotel 5 days in advance and they told me where it was. I called 2x in when I got to Manhattan and the also told me which one. When I picked up my car, turns out they gave me the wrong garage and the price wss more than double. Went back to the hotel and they told me thete was nothing they could do and they would have never told me that. I say get them to email you so you have it in writing.
Now the good parts. Hotel is nice. Very clean. Rooms are huge by NY standards. I had a great view in Room 703. Huge windows with lots of light. Bed was very comfortable. Didn't encounter any issues with the room. Close to the subway with easy access to Midtown / Times sq & Lower Manhattan and everywhere else. I'd highly recommend it. Just be sure about the parking!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Myself and 5 members of my family have just spent a week in this lovely hotel. Our room was on the 3rd floor and we had a view of the Empire State! Our room was spotless and spacious, a very large TV, a comfy bed and a great shower. We were so impressed with the standard of the room with the price that we paid. Coffee is available 24/7 on the 4th floor which was great! Also breakfast served in a morning from 7-10, amazing doughnuts, muffins and bagels etc. Hotel is in a great location, 2 min walk from the Flatiron building and the lovely Madison Park. All hotel staff were very helpful and friendly! If we were to return to New York, we would definitely stay at the Broadway Plaza again!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor with views of the Empire State!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Broadway Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!