Our family stayed over Labor Day weekend at the Ritz. We caught a play, did some sightseeing and attended the US Open.
Staff was very friendly and furnishings nice indeed. We had a city view (looking north) which was just fine. I'm sure the harbor views are even better.
We liked the solitude of the location and lack of traffic noise at night(plus the reasonable room rate). Make sure you take in a walk around Battery Park and then head up the nice walkway on the Hudson side to One World Financial. Great landscaping, yachts in port, etc. Then you can enter One World Financial and view Ground Zero from their lobby area. (This is a 4-5 block walk)
You can also walk over to the Seaport (which is about 10 blocks from the Ritz). We did this and had some pizza at Pizzeria Uno.
Unfortunately the subway stops near Battery Park don't operate on weekends, so you must cab it to go uptown. Other downside is the lack of restaurants within walking distance (although there are a few in the shopping/retail area of One World Financial). Cab rides to midtown are around $15.
Did not eat at the hotel except for drinks/appetizers at the lounge bar called "Rise" on the 14th floor. Very nice with great views on Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, etc. We even saw the Queen Mary 2 docked off Governors Island.
There is a great place one block over called the Amish Market. If you want snacks, drinks, deli items, breakfast just head over there. We ate breakfast there every day for $15 what would have cost $75 with room service.
Would definitely stay there again. Also would highly recommend an Italian eatery called Maria Pias in midtown on West 51st. This is just one block west from the "Wicked" theater. Dined with them twice. Great food and reasonable prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out across the waterfront as Lady Liberty stands proudly over symbolic Ellis Island. Sweeping views command your attention at every turn. American history surrounds you as the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and other impressive tributes are just steps away. As the only five star hotel in lower Manhattan, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park immerses its guests in all the luxury and cultural heritage of this bustling city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Marriott, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel New York City
- Ritz New York City
- Ritz-Carlton New York City
- New York City Ritz-Carlton