“1 night in New York” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park

You added The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 West Street, New York City, NY 10004 (Financial District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Up to $200 USD Credit
Ranked #99 of 459 Hotels in New York City
Miramar Beach
“1 night in New York”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a beautiful hotel in a quiet area of NYC. The staff is helpful. We had a beautiful suite with a breathtaking view of the Statue of Liberty. We unfortunately only had one night so our experience was limited. You will need to take a cab or the subway to get to many of NYC's attractions.

Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I am accompanying my husband to NYC while he is here on business.
We are staying here with 3 dogs ..
It has been lovely The staff has been great and have treated my posse like celebrities.
There is not one fault with the whole stay.
It's my favorite place to stay in NYC.
The hotel and it's staff made us feel at home.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

If you want to save hotel budget, still need luxurious time, this is the perfect choice. I stayed two nights in a double room with access to a club lounge room. The receptionists were truly "Ladies and Gentlemens", as they welcome our first stay in NY. My mother also liked them very much. The room was pretty spacious and a glass desk was useful. The view is not worth if you face East. But I thought the other side might be great because you can anticipate a view of Statue of liberty.

One of the pros staying at this downtown hotel is you can save time to get to liberty island. Sometimes you will expect a long lineups to get on a ferry or even to buy the ferry ticket. But at this place, you can see how many people are waiting for ferry tickets from the room, you can do some research on your trip, read a book, or whatsoever.

The club lounge was cozy. I liked staffs there working diligently yet friendly.

Next time my stay will definitely be here!

Room Tip: The room with a club lounge access is recommended.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed in NY many times and failed to find a hotel that I have found enjoyable to stay in. I was therefore very happy with my stay in this hotel.

The hotel is in a modern building at the west side of Battery Park. The rooms are very large (by NY standards) and comfortable. My room faced the statue of liberty which was lovely. The main thing I liked was the hotel got the basics right - the heating system worked perfectly, the sound insulation was good, the hot and cold water had good constant pressure, the bath and basin emptied quickly, the towels were plentiful and clean. These are basic points which many luxury hotels fail.

All the staff in the hotel were great - everything taken care off or anticipated beforehand. Genuine assistance and help when required.

Room Tip: If you are travelling for pleaure and will spend anytime in the room then upgrading to the views of...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I are getting ready for the trip and had our concierge book a club level room here from the 19th-23rd of December...The booking process went great but I was surprised to know that the tent in the room costs extra per night as we are bring our 4 & 5 year old for the Christmas fun in NYC. The Ritz has always been a favorite because of the service and I will be keeping you posted on the experience after our stay with them next week!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Long Island City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Spouse and I were staying at Conrad Hotel on North End Ave. Took walk to South Ferry area. Stopped here for lunch as we have always had wonderful experiences with Ritz-Carlton lunch.

There is an ExpressLunch, in which you choose two or three courses. We opted to split the three-courses: salad and two half-sandwiches. Also, we each wine by the glass - red for him, white for me. Finished with two desserts and coffee. Everything was delicious, imaginative, beautifully plated, gracious service. We were not rushed. Bill, as presented, was correct.

Would like to review this under "restos" but Trip Advisor site seems not to recognize this venue.

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The hotel staff is very friendly and very helpful. The property is clean and the room was very comfortable. However the dining room had a broken chair, a tear in a seat back, a napkin and a fork on the floor and more or less perfunctory service, given the prices. In addition, the concierge gave us subway directions and didn't tell us where to first get a subway card (did tell us we had to have it) then he sent us on a trip for which the return was after the subway line had closed and the station was out of service (the local station no less). When we did get back the front bell men outside looked at us and continued arguing among themselves, not helping with our packages at all. On Saturday night, in a pouring rain storm, they were nowhere to be found at all. It is a nice property but it just isn't to the level of this chain. I almost gave it a three.

Room Tip: View of the Statue of Liberty is nice but it is pretty far away...they do provide a nice telescope i...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park? Share your experiences!