We stayed at The Ritz-Carlton Battery Park, New York for 6 nights for our minimoon (apparently it has to be at least 2 weeks to be classes as a honeymoon!) and it was a wonderful stay, with the view of the Statue of Liberty
Located at the very bottom of Manhattan, in Battery Park (hence the name) near the NY financial (a.k.a Wall Street), the hotel it is a far distance from the hustle and bustle of Time Square. However it is only a 20 minute subway ride away (the subway is easy to use and recommend getting a metro card). I think this worked out best as it gave us the best of both worlds.
Attractions/landmarks in walking distance
On our first day a slow 10 minute walk north took us to the 9/11 Memorial site and Freedom Tower. Wall Street is no more than 5 minutes walk away and the Staten Island Ferry again within 10 minutes walk. I would recommend booking well in advance the Statue of Liberty Tour with Crown access; however, is quite strenuous climbing the tight spiral stair well so be prepared for a little workout. Also, close by is the Liberty Tour Heliport and can not recommend enough seeing New York from the sky, we booked online and got a good deal using a code I found in the City Guide booklet.
The Front Desk
Upon arriving, we were originally allocated a floor 5 room facing the Statue of Liberty (something I paid extra for when booking). I requested a higher floor room, and while this couldn't be accommodated on the first night, Laura ensured for the rest of our stay we got a top floor room. Along with Laure, Rosi and You Young Lee were exceptional and very helpful on the front desk, as was Jay at the Concierge desk. Could not fault the service.
Both rooms we stayed in were identical in layout. An very large bathroom suite, with separate bath and shower, reasonable sized wardrobe and desk space. The King size bed was so comfortable we'd even just doze off for an afternoon nap to recharge our "batteries" (pardon pun). However, I do feel the decor and technology in the room could be updated. The view was amazing, see Ms Liberty and the Hudson River in the morning and night time added something special to our stay. We were even fortunate even to see a firework display from our room performed on the Hudson on the second night.
Overall, this is an great hotel, ideal location for business travelers, but also excellent for those in NYC for pleasure who want to dip in and out of the crazy central Manhattan hive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Look out across the waterfront as Lady Liberty stands proudly over symbolic Ellis Island. Sweeping views command your attention at every turn. American history surrounds you as the Smithsonian Museum of the American Indian and other impressive tributes are just steps away. As the only five star hotel in lower Manhattan, The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park immerses its guests in all the luxury and cultural heritage of this bustling city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Hotel.de, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton Battery Park Hotel New York City
- Ritz New York City
- Ritz-Carlton New York City
- New York City Ritz-Carlton