“A romantic weekend” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park

You added The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 West Street, New York City, NY 10004 (Financial District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Up to $200 USD Credit
Ranked #100 of 457 Hotels in New York City
NYC
“A romantic weekend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My wife and I live in NYC but we wanted to get away and also visit the downtown area.
We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Battery Park City. We stayed on the executive floor with lounge
accessand took advantage of the weekend package with a view of the Staue of liberty. It was very nice and the concerige could not have been more helpful. The staff in the lounge waited on us hand and foot. They remembered our morning coffee preference sand evening cocktails and after an afternoon out it was a real joy coming back to our oasis. I have come to the conclusion that you recieve what you put into it, being polite and civil goes a long way to having the staff treat you right. We noticed some rude individuals who where given short shrift by the staff.

Room Tip: Does not have a pool. Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Portland, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

The hotel is very corporate looking. No more special than say, Westin in downtown Phoenix.

There were a lot of stains in the room, on the carpet, armchair, and headboard. Among the hotels we stayed at on our NYC holiday trip, the RC room was in the worst condition.

Unless you are on a corporate expense account and have to stay in the financial district, it'd be wise to spend your money somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hyderabad, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

My first stay at The Ritz Carlton was in 2006 and I have returned several times to stay here. A magnificent hotel, located in Battery Park, downtown Manhattan, this hotel is pricey and commands a place in the market that very few do. I had high floor room with a view and a telescope. The room was perhaps made more fulfilling due to the telescope and I cant remember how many times I used it to see the Statue of Liberty, the harbour, Staten Island and other landmarks across the Hudson. Well laid and spacious room, impeccable service, a bathroom that reminds of the British Raj....spacious, spread out and pampering. The evening turn down service was simply great. The buffet breakfast was a very good spread and Sunday was always special. Courteous staff, always willing to help made stay comfortable and welcoming. The location is great, I could walk to my office every day and back through the river side which was great. The hotel even made my first stay special by giving me a complimentary ride in a limo to China town.

Though many decide to stay in mid or uptown Manhattan, this is a jewel in the crown and a stay to NYC is incomplete without a night at the Ritz Carlton. Try one of the river facing high floor rooms and you will be blown away by the sheer sight of the river and the scenery.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jasper
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was very nice and the staff all were so helpful.We loved our view from the room of the statue of Liberty. Not really centrally located but we were there to site see so by staying here we used the double decker buses and train.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Arlington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

Although we knew its location next to wall street, this ritz was too much business-like. It would've been nice if this was my biz trip but the hotel has little to offer to family. Lobby area was very tight. We were quite disappointed by the mattress. Its quality was something I'd find at 'moderate' hotel, definitely not something I expected from the Ritz. My wife, who works in upscale hotel development business, was shaking her head on the room setting/amenities. All service personnel we had dealt with was excellent and efficient. We saw other families there but we will not be coming back for a family vacation.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I'll start with the positive.
For the most part individual hotel team/staff were incredibly service oriented going the extra mile for the tiniest of details (e.g., immediately folding of napkins when away from the table, pouring extra coffee without needing to ask, showing the way to the ladies room, help with doors and with luggage, help with directions, etc.). It felt like there was a genuine desire to please.
Now to the inconsistency where I fault the property in their training and procedures (not individuals).
Upon checking in there was no recognition of my mileage/status with Marriott. There was no communication/engagement in terms of the amenities of the hotel or welcome for what was a wedding weekend. The standard room was standard (and not well lit). I expected more from the brand. My room view was not a view (right into the apartment building next door).
Food trays and glasses were hanging out in the hallway for longer than I thought acceptable. Someone should be patrolling the floors on a rotating basis.
As part of my room staying, late check out was guaranteed. I did not know this initially and this was never mentioned to me.
So for the price you pay, my expectations were not met. Lower cost properties do a better job.

Room Tip: If you want a view, be sure to ask for and/or pay for a view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
kingston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

I spent Christmas at the Ritz Carlton Battery Park and it was fantastic. I paid for the liberty view room and it was definitely worth it. I contacted The customer service team and they booked my christmas dinner reservation and put christmas decorations in the room for me. People may complain that this hotel is too far out! The door men will get you a taxi within a couple of minutes; Rector street subway station is one road across and its walkable if you have had enough alcohol from the bar. The bar staff in the hotel are fantastic, full of local information and excellent drink and food advice. The food is excellent and worth the money. If you see lobster mash on their menu have it! Best mash potato ever and i am constantly hunting for the perfect mash.
Made the break away Excellent atmosphere and fantastic staff.
One note book hotel transfers if you go private you will be ripped off and if you want a taxi prepare to queue from the airport for over an hour.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton New York, Battery Park? Share your experiences!